• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout - Series Reviews

StereoVsn

I watched the first few episodes and it was fine.
It would have been fine if it was a show unrelated to Tolkien. Well, no, it would have still been very mid, but less annoying.

It was same as with Wheel of Time. The shows jaut were not particularly good and thing them to well known source material hurt them more then helped, IMO.

Mozzarella

Ratings for TV Shows and movies are so generous these days, i cant rely on them at all.
I'm not going to watch it, i had enough of watching tv shows, they are long and drag too much, i'd rather watch a film.
Can't believe one of my all time favorite RPG series died for this shit.

Kilau

Gold Member
bZjZeqdgMz9XyEuEcb8DVNPmlp6rw9nh.jpg

What does this even mean? Some of you are way too focused on this culture war shit
Some of us have been aware of the efforted cultural shift since at least 5 years ago. Most are just waking up now to the blunt and uncloaked propaganda in media / culture. And there are some like you who will experience the collapse completely blindsided and will declare something oblivious like "everything was fine, what happened!"

Finished 1. Not wanting to exaggerate since its just 1 episode but its super solid. Cast, acting, visual quality, action scenes, light humor all work and maintain a consistent tone that sucks you in. A great start.

Just because I know everyone is going to compare it, its infinitely better than The Last of Us so far. We'll see how the rest develops.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Some of us have been aware of the efforted cultural shift since at least 5 years ago. Most are just waking up now to the blunt and uncloaked propaganda in media / culture. And there are some like you who will experience the collapse completely blindsided and will declare something oblivious like "everything was fine, what happened!"
The shows main character is a hot white girl if you are that worried about it.

I personally don’t think anything is going to crumble because of some forced diversity in some media. I still watch an endless array of content that doesn’t have it. And plenty that does is still entertaining.

I’ll just go on being a rich white dude with a big old dick.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
IGN and these critics are about as valuable as a source for understandign what is good TV/Film/Games as... well the typical gaming journalist. Which is to say: Not at all.

I will wait to see long time fans opinions versus believing anything from these dumbasses.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
i watched the first ep. honestly don't really think you could ask for much more... tone is right. some dialogue didn't quite land, but overall... pretty impressed how faithful it feels (at least to the bethesda games, and frankly bethesda wishes they could write this well -- they're quaint by comparison). good start.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Edit: gonna wait till I've seen more

Last edited:

dem

Go watch some tv from the 70s and 80s.

Tell me if you notice anything.

<insert scooby doo unmasked meme>
It was woke all along!

Last edited:
Watched the first episode, it’s pretty good. Of course it checked all the DEI boxes, as any modern studio production is obligated to do nowadays.
But the characters are not woke, the vault dweller character feels like a female protagonist without being a girlboss, all the characters are true to the setting, so you real get a feel of the fallout world.

Of course this is after one episode. So things might change, but I couldn’t make it past 20 minutes of the Rings of Power so this is a million times superior.

Watched the first episode, it’s pretty good. Of course it checked all the DEI boxes, as any modern studio production is obligated to do nowadays.
But the characters are not woke, the vault dweller character feels like a female protagonist without being a girlboss, all the characters are true to the setting, so you real get a feel of the fallout world.

Of course this is after one episode. So things might change, but I couldn’t make it past 20 minutes of the Rings of Power so this is a million times superior.

Your take sounds refreshing. I may binge it starting in the morning, tomorrow.

Watching the scene where the dude was interrogated for pulling the ol razor in boot prank, and the wise BoS guy asked homeboy why he wanted to join Brotherhood of Steel.. i just had to blurt out "cuz im a brotha!"

A lot of dei checkboxes from the first episode. As evolved1 said, a lot of things are warnings but we cant be sure yet, they might be trying to subvert our expectations. Not invested enough as this point to continue watching unless im desperate for background noise. I've been burnt too many times (apple tv's foundation)

At this stage in tv & movies, anything derivative of another source is just a vampiric feast, and if you're still a fan of this schlock then you are exactly who it's designed for. Thanks for helping the decline!

First episode of Fallout was fantastic

My only issue with it is that it's fine to show male nudity but showing an attractive female in full nudity is a no no

I have the rest of the episodes to catch up on, so we shall see if they change their mind on that

Other than that

Fantastic show so far

Last edited:
First episode of Fallout was fantastic

My only issue with it is that it's fine to show male nudity but showing an attractive female in full nudity is a no no

I have the rest of the episodes to catch up on, so we shall see if they change their mind on that

Other than that

Fantastic show so far
I had a whole mental checklist going as I was partially watching. Yea, the strong female lead is ditzy yet resilient and once she overcomes the underlying rape trauma she will enact justice on those uncivilized country folk (whom she shares the theme of cousin fuckin, surely a trope that isnt milked yet). The casting of cucked lesser dorky men vs naive or brutish guys is too obvious. Men are exploitable now hence the nudity and degradation. The council people were all dysgenic, none of the humor was natural and consisted of quips instead of situational comedy. Goggins had a mixed race daughter for whatever reason, I guess in 50s LA that rings powerful. The themes about the military training in the BoS was tropey and predictable. I don't believe Nolan is really invested in this, seeing how its a ripped off IP for cashgrabbing, which is a shame because Person of Interest was a great, Westworld went down quick. Anyone who claims to have wanted this is a liar, unless you show me proof you said "I want a fallout tv series!" back in 2017. The games are where fallout franchise belongs, or should i say that in past tense.
I like Kyle Maclauglan tho. And to see Ben Linus in future episodes is cool.

Ozriel

M$FT
Deciding not to review it is not doing their job. Most regular people would get fired for doing that.

Those were editorial decisions from management at those outlets. Nobody ever gets fired for aligning with the bosses.

No, are you?

In case you didnt get it for being an idiot

cUqCzOg.jpg

gaf has the tendency to go along with what movie/show/game critics say as long as it suits them or its their favorite franchise, but when its not "critics are a joke, who listens to IGN lmao?" yet the very same posters are happy with IGN scores now. And in case it goes over your head, obviously this doesnt mean the show will stink, but relying on critics opinion is dumb as shit, as well as glorifying their reviews.

If you still dont get it then I guess you can remain one for the rest of your life.

Why are you people so fixated on IGN when the rottentomatoes score has tons of reviews on it?

Just finished watching the first episode, and it's certainly a better start than Rings of Power was. Somewhat predictable if you're a Fallout fan, but that's fine.

The Brotherhood of Steel having a they/them female with a mustache on board is one hell of a choice, though... I mean, sure, they wouldn't outright execute her like The Enclave would but I still feel like BoS wouldn't put up with shit like that either.

Top Bottom