• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 PS+ Users are not able to update to the PS5 version

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
it’s a publisher decision, we know this from the FFVII Remake where Square explicitly stated the PS+ copies wouldn’t be upgraded (several months later they changed their minds which again proves it’s a publisher decision)

there’ve been multiple games where the PS+ version was upgradable for free when the upgrade went live, so I don’t know why people are acting like this is somehow Sony’s fault that a publisher decided not to give an upgrade free

It wasn't a publisher issue, it was a Sony issue which they 'fixed', they wouldn't need to fix it if it were a publisher toggle.

"At the moment our team is working on the issue to claim the item through PS Plus during this month. We kindly ask you to wait and try later on."

Last edited:

Mr Moose

It wasn't a publisher issue, it was a Sony issue which they 'fixed', they wouldn't need to fix it if it were a publisher toggle.

Yeah, there's different versions of the same game. The PS+ one you don't own, if your sub ends so does access to it. The paid version seems to offer the update fine (it's saying I own it but I can't download it, it's probably saying that because I have the disc version somewhere but fuck knows where I've put it).

ManaByte

Just grabbed the upgrade via the app and remotely installed.

F4
Stellar Blade
Sea of Theives

And a 10 day vacation.
Dance Dancing GIF by Soul Train

Bojji

Typical Sony PS+ bullshit, happened many times already. I doubt MS have anything to do with it.

Just don't subscribe to this overpriced trash people (I was on PS+ since day one in 2010...).

Bojji

I'd love do to that but then I can't play with any of my friends online.

Yeah they are holding people hostage with that and cloud saves. I don't play online with the exception of Souls games, I will only need one month of Essential when Elden Ring DLC drops.

It’s almost certainly not Bethesda, it’s Sony.
I don't think so. Capcom did it properly with the PS plus versions of RE2 and re3 for PS plus extra. Re7 didn't but that was a Game from PS plus collection.
Fallout 4 for plus extra should let You have both versions.

As for me, I could grab a deal of the goty edition for $10 so I'm already downloading next gen version and dlc.

Last edited:

Svejk

That's dumb... was going to give it a try, but that just made it easier to care even less. Whether they fix it or not, LOL @ Bethesda. They're dead to me.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I thought everyone knew this has happened with multiple games. Its the way PSN lists things. I think they actually list just the PS+ version as a totally different SKU. And they dont do smart delivery well every time.

Wish I could remember which thread people got into it on here because I remember it being discussed in depth.

Yes this happened to me with control, I accidentally redeemed the PS4 version and couldn't get the PS5 one. I may buy it on sale one day.

omegasc

not sure if anyone tried, but if you try to access the Fallout 4 (PS+ version) page from the Downloads menu via browser, you get a 404. I guess that SKU does not even exist anymore, and you're not 'credited' with the PS4/PS5 one.
Meh. I was willing to give it a try just because of the update... not going to buy it.

Last edited:

JackMcGunns

Pretty shitty of Bethesda, especially as you couldnt buy fallout 4 yesterday when having redeemed the ps plus version

Is this Bethesda's fault or just the way Sony's store works? Smart delivery was underrated.

Edit:

Yep, the issue was due to dumb delivery, not an attempt to double dip.

Last edited:

Gojiira

Imagine being upset you cant upgrade one of the worst RPG’s in recent memory, then imagine people bragging that they can…Lol, oh wait you dont have to imagine!

StereoVsn

Bethesda having shitty business practices? Heaven forfend!

I just discovered this when I went to download it. I don't want to spend £15-35 on this when I don't even know if I'll enjoy it (liked 3, loved NV and 1&2), and it's £8 for the GOTY version for Steam on cd keys...

I'm not giving those arseholes money given how shitty they are towards their customers. I'll never forgive them for paid mods. Bunch of thieving bastards.
Also Todd Howard is a liar. Probably a whore too.
This reminds me of the meme:

DaX-FvXUQAA54aS.jpg

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Changing goal posts.

It was Square Enix and Capcom.

It's a PS+ licensing issue.

"At the moment our team is working on the issue to claim the item through PS Plus during this month. We kindly ask you to wait and try later on."

Third parties have had it for games that have been on both PS+ and GP.

bKh7o1h.jpeg

So an issue other devs were able to work around years ago.....but Bethesda is having to figure out right now? Eh....ok, I guess.

It's an issue that happens when a previous version of the game has already been redeemed on PS+.

If a tightly knit exclusive game like FFVII can have the issue, I'm not sure why we're trying to blame Bethesda here.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
It's a PS+ licensing issue.

Third parties have had it for games that have been on both PS+ and GP.

bKh7o1h.jpeg

It's an issue that happens when a previous version of the game has already been redeemed on PS+.

If a tightly knit exclusive game like FFVII can have the issue, I'm not sure why we're trying to blame Bethesda here.

Was it fixed with FFVII?

graywolf323

Yes, by Sony. The same way this issue will probably be fixed once they work around the licensing / entitlement issues.
it was a publisher choice, Square was saying that before FFVII Remake even went up on PS+

it didn’t come to PS+ users until much later (~6 months after the free upgrade was available for paid users)

the reasoning as I understand it is because if they give a free upgrade to the PS5 version of a PS4 game which the user got via PS+, instead of being tied to their PS+ sub the user now flat out owns the PS5 version (this happened when I upgraded my copy of Subnautica which I had from PS+ but it’s now no longer tied to my PS+ sub in my library)

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Yes, by Sony. The same way this issue will probably be fixed once they work around the licensing / entitlement issues.

Well.....granted it is a shitty system Sony has in place, but this has been known for a while. Frankly, it seems like this version was an afterthought.

Three

It's a longstanding issue with PS+ that has effected other games in the past which were on PS+ before they got updated.

FFVII Remake Intergrade, Greedfall and I'm sure I'm missing a few.
If you think it's a PS+ issue then how could it have been fixed several times but still happen? It's the publisher that needs to enable it for their games and often they don't realise they need to enable it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom