• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 3 and New Vegas really do need to get Special Edition treatment like Skyrim.

I'm not sure what you mean about FO3/NV issues on win10. I recently just did a replay through of New Vegas heavily modified and had no issues whatsoever. I'd even argue that it's easier to play AND mod on PC than it's ever been.

Just follow a few simple guides and make sure not to skip steps and they are very easy to replay.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I'm not sure what you mean about FO3/NV issues on win10. I recently just did a replay through of New Vegas heavily modified and had no issues whatsoever. I'd even argue that it's easier to play AND mod on PC than it's ever been.

Just follow a few simple guides and make sure not to skip steps and they are very easy to replay.
I had terrible stability issues withy steam copy of fallout 3 on windows 10. NV wasn't as bad though

Romulus

PSVR-Featured.jpg

I'll take this for FO3/Vegas. Borderlands 2 blew my mind with this controller in VR, even though it looks dumb. The movement joystick on the gun just feels incredible while aiming. along with the huge scale and 60fps.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
PSVR-Featured.jpg

I'll take this for FO3/Vegas. Borderlands 2 blew my mind with this controller in VR, even though it looks dumb. The movement joystick on the gun just feels incredible while aiming. along with the huge scale and 60fps.
Interesting as Borderlands 2 was panned pretty hard in VR.

Romulus

Interesting as Borderlands 2 was panned pretty hard in VR.

Its reviews were actually decent(73 metacritic) but that was before the newest patch, which added the AIM controller, which is absolutely game-changing. It's like playing an fps with a Dpad then switching to dual analog sticks.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Its reviews were actually decent(73 metacritic) but that was before the newest patch, which added the AIM controller, which is absolutely game-changing. It's like playing an fps with a Dpad then switching to dual analog sticks.
Interesting to know. I've debated picking up a VR headset for the sole purpose of playing Skyrim again. How does that play?

Romulus

Interesting to know. I've debated picking up a VR headset for the sole purpose of playing Skyrim again. How does that play?

I think it plays really good imo. I've put about 40 hours into it.

It has a bunch of options. Most people think it's just teleporting but you can play it exactly like ps3/360 skyrim with the DS4 controller. Which is what I prefer.
The Move controllers are fun and offer some extra immersion options like firing magic with both hands and archery is fucking amazing, but the movement system took me a couple of days to really nail down. It's very different from what I've used before but intuitive if you're willing to stick it out. Armor classes aren't as good with the Moves, but I will say raising my shield up to my face and blocking an arrow feels incredible. You can turn the shield and pull the arrow out. It's hard to explain unless you see it VR.
The resolution is lowered on PSVR but the scale of everything is huge, and its the only console version that plays at 60fps.

Last edited:
This damned thread... I haven't opened Fallout NV in so long, just spent my entire evening screwing around with more mods, started a new playthrough and just rolled into Nipton (literally). I didn't ask for this.

giphy.gif

At least I got a bunch of decent shots and Deputy Dipshit didn't get his head stuck in the ceiling in Primm this time.

L7MPnKi.jpg

gx175YM.jpg

Anyone that wants a remastered New Vegas and has even a decent PC spend a couple hours, set up a manager, download some mods and enjoy Fallout New Vegas Remastered. I just put a solid six hours into the game with no hiccups, no crashes, and I have the game looking almost as good as Vanilla Fallout 4 (Not really, this was a very ugly game even in it's day, you can only do so much) Use Mod Organizer 2 or Vortex. I recommend Vortex if you're new to modding. Mod Organizer isn't hard to use, but Vortex is almost foolproof and does a lot of the work for you. Of the two I think it's the easiest to learn, but MO2 has more features like a tool to make changes to .ini files directly though MO2. Vortex is prety decent at sorting mods for you and points out any mistakes you make, explaining how to ix them. All the mods you'll ever need are on the Nexus which is free to use and download from. Both managers link directly to the nexus so when you download a mod, the DL starts on either organizer automatically.

- NVSE (New Vegas Script Extender)
- YUP
- Navmesh Fixes and Improvements (So Deputy Beagle doesn't park his head in the ceiling among other things)
- JIP LN NVSE
- New Vegas Tick Fix (if on Win10) or New Vegas Stutter Remover (Win7)
- NVAC (New Vegas Anti-Crash)
- Unofficial Patch NVSE

With those running I can't make the game crash. I can spawn a dozen Securitrons shooting missiles with EVE installed and the game stays stable through the chaos.

For visual improvements I suggest starting with the following in no particular order:
- Wasteland Flora Overhaul
- EVE (Essential Visual Enhancements)
- FCO (Fallout Character Overhaul)
- Ojo Bueno Texture Pack
- NMC's Texture pack
- Mojave Nights (way better skybox at night)

Dig around and you'll find HD texture mods for pretty much everything in the game. Once you get into it there is so much more you can improve. I'm running animation replacers for the gunplay, higher LOD characters, a new weather system, new weapons, more quests, and ENBs for different effects like AO, shadows, fog and reflections. It's a lot of fun to mess around with and for a game you could potentially spend hundreds of hours in it's worth it.

Last edited:

Bankai

Better BC on PS5, like 360 on the XBoneX, with high-res rendering and 16xAF is good enough for me to play these titles all over again.. PLUS added trophies that is (for example Oblivion hasn't got any).. gotta play that metagame :pie_hugging

Top Bottom