• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall TV 2011 - What's New?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoe

Discotheque said:
fucking pussycat dolls chick in x-factor, it should have been cheryl cole. Infinitely hotter.

I thought she was always gonna be there. It's Paula who took Cheryl's place.

rezuth

Anyone want reality shows added? I didn't add them as I thought the audience on GAF for watching the life of a soccer mom is non-existant.

Homeland and Person of Interest look good, though I worry for the long term direction of Homeland once the initial conceit is solved. I imagine it will turn out like prison break once they broke out. The rest will probably be gone by the mid-season.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Angry Fork said:
UlArt.jpg

Lxe4D.jpg

GbSLe.jpg

fEkdD.jpg

BJQtw.jpg

What is it with them and the 1 black guy quota. It's so odd and obviously to try to 'balance' something or whatever but it just comes off as being worse than not having the black guy there. I wouldn't be surprised if they're all sidekick comic relief characters too.
all the black guys in comedies play the same character lol

Busty

Banned
A friend of mine watched the Playboy Club pilot recently and HATED it with a passion.

He's a massive fan of Mad Men like me and (like me) he was hoping for a period network drama (or Mad Men 'light') to tide him over between seasons on AMC.

This is NOT that.

These all look really lacking in new ideas. The worst have to be the playboy one and Charlies Angels, the pic looks like an Avon advert.

Busty

Banned
Red Liquorice said:
These all look really lacking in new ideas. The worst have to be the playboy one and Charlies Angels, the pic looks like an Avon advert.

The new Charlie's Angels show looks like a cheaper version of Chuck (if such a thing were possible) but with all the fun removed from it.

Who is the new CA even aimed at? I'm not sure even ABC know who's going to tune for in for it every week.

which shows have good buzz or good people attached? when was the last time a not cable network show was a critically and commercial success? last year was pretty weak and this doesn't look that much better.

Diprosalic said:
which shows have good buzz or good people attached? when was the last time a not cable network show was a critically and commercial success? last year was pretty weak and this doesn't look that much better.

Person of Interest: JJ Abrams, Johnathan Nolan, James Caviezel, Michael Emerson...

Tim Allen stars as Mike Baxter, marketing director of an outdoor sporting goods store, fighting for his manhood while constantly being surrounded by women, including his wife and three growing daughters.

What is this? 1995?

Speaking of 1995...

aC8QP.jpg

Can't fucking wait.

Ringer and Person of Interest have my attention. May check out Playboy Club and Pan Am, but all I see is "trying to be Mad Men," honestly. I also like Christina Applegate so maybe I'll watch her show.

Shadow780

New Girl pilot is on iTunes, yeah I give this show about 6 episodes before cancellation.

Maybe hipsters feel differently.

Yeah where's Awake on this list? Sounds like the best one out of everything here (and it's got Jason Isaacs).

It also sounds like another Journeyman in which it will be cancelled very soon after premiere :/

Retro

Yay for Beavis and Butthead being back.

As for the rest of the lineup, damn near every single show from the Big 3 networks looks like regurgitated trash. I'm sorry, but Tim Allen is still allowed to legally make sitcoms? Oh, but this time instead of a Tool man, he's a Sporting goods man... And I thought Home Improvement already paired him with three daughters...
KuGsj.gif

And they're still trying crap like "Okay, so get this... a GIRL... moves in.. with three GUYS... and they're ROOMMATES...."? As cute as I think Zooey Deschanel is, nothing on earth could get me to watch that, short the title being changed to "Gangbang" and the show getting sent over to 1AM on Cinemax.

After being spoiled by the likes of Rome, Mad Men, Boardwalk Empire, Dexter, Game of Thrones, etc. It's hard to look at network TV anymore and not want to throw up a little. I mean, if you're going to suffer through bad acting, silly story lines and a childish premise, you could always watch True Blood and at least get some nudity out of it.

Slayven

Whitney pilot is Ondemand and it is worse then I thought was going to be. People joke about the best stuff being in the commercials and it is true for this show. Nothing but old and tired relationship jokes. That said, the bitter female friend and the douchebag guy friend are almost funny.

Zoe

Did NBC move up some premiers? I didn't notice Up All Night was on last night.

Looks like they'll be replaying that and Free Agents tonight.

Sober

Zoe said:
Did NBC move up some premiers? I didn't notice Up All Night was on last night.

Looks like they'll be replaying that and Free Agents tonight.
Yeah, they did but I think the week after they are moving back to their intended timeslot.

I thought Up All Night was pretty good. Arnett is playing someone who isn't outrageous for once but I dunno if I can stand Maya Rudolph at times.

Free Agents for some reason I thought was gonna be so-so but it got a few laughs from me.

Maybe I'm just too easy on TV sometimes.

Miletius

I know somebody who is working on the Playboy Club, so I'm hoping it'll do ok. However, said person is already looking for work on another show, so I don't know if she has low expectations. She might just be sick of Chicago though.

Wow, how come I never heard that Beavis and Butthead are coming back?! That's great news.

China, IL looks like it could be pretty good for AS as well.

I don't have good feelings for practically everything else.

Averon

Gila said:
I'd like to know as well, thinking of watching the pilot if it's worth it?

Don't bother. With the horrible numbers it put up in its premiere, it will get axed fairly soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom