• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evil West - PC and Console specs

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Holy shit at that cpu requirement...

Well at least the gpu requirement is pretty low, curious to see if 4k60 is doable on a 2070super...
A i5-2500K?

Bless its heart cuz it basically got me through the entire XB1/PS4 generation.
But mate thats a 4 core 4 thread CPU that gets beaten badly badly badly by the Intel Atom....yes Atom Mobile e-cores in the 12600K.
Thats one of the lowest CPU specs ive seen in a while.
Literally a decade old CPU.

Even the rec spec is a 10505, isnt exactly a powerhouse CPU. On the AMD side basically a potato.
(lol the studio must have dell or some other OEM for testing, who uses a 10505).

A GTX1060 can do 1080p60 EPIC settings.
I wouldnt worry about a 2070 Super at 4K.

Low PC specs for 1080p60 on "epic" settings. And 1080p/60 on PS5/XSX in performance mode.

Girl What GIF by MOODMAN

They have to have made a typo.
They mean 1800p.....right......right?
Just like wit Sonic Frontiers it said 1080p60 but it was actually 1800p60.

If a 1060 can do 1080p60 EPIC settings, a PS5/XSX is walking through this easy work.
That or the devs dont know Unreal Engine will allow pretty much any arbitrary resolution and use TAAU to get to 4K.
Starting from 1080p though is a bad idea.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
GOWR looks and runs amazing can do 1440p 60fps, not a good look for evil west here.
Evil west better runs at locked 60fps with not a single dip at all.

lol series S .

Last edited:
You've gotta be fucking kidding with this 1080p60 performance mode.
Yea that sucks to be honest. These consoles can push more than 1080p60 ffs. My PC is lower spec and it runs games at 1440p60...

Have the game pre-ordered on PS5 but thinking I might cancel and wait for a sale.

Last edited:

Hot5pur

I wonder how this game will shake out, seems like a 7-8 / 10 in the best case.
Hope the co-op will be good though, mostly why I'm interested in it. 🤞

Kind of like how its 1080p/30 on both PS4 and PS4 Pro. You must of missed that though.
Obviously the OneX version is using XB1 settings at 4k, which it was designed to do, while the XSS is using XSX settings.
Forgot the resolution. The game should be able to at least run at 60 FPS on Series S, this isn’t even a next gen game.

anthony2690

Gold Member
Where’s that from friend? Looks fun for under £40

Thegamecollection, but it seems to be £42 now, when I ordered I also got £5 reward points per preorder to use on the site too, ended up getting sonic frontiers for £22 after preordering the 4 games below :)

It's £37.99 on Amazon UK currently though for series x :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09V1PN3H8/

& Smyth's Toys have it for £39.99 for both PS5 & series X :)

https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb...m=organic&utm_campaign=surfaces_across_google
zMTTpW5.png

Last edited:

GymWolf

A i5-2500K?

Bless its heart cuz it basically got me through the entire XB1/PS4 generation.
But mate thats a 4 core 4 thread CPU that gets beaten badly badly badly by the Intel Atom....yes Atom Mobile e-cores in the 12600K.
Thats one of the lowest CPU specs ive seen in a while.
Literally a decade old CPU.

Even the rec spec is a 10505, isnt exactly a powerhouse CPU. On the AMD side basically a potato.
(lol the studio must have dell or some other OEM for testing, who uses a 10505).

A GTX1060 can do 1080p60 EPIC settings.
I wouldnt worry about a 2070 Super at 4K.

They have to have made a typo.
They mean 1800p.....right......right?
Just like wit Sonic Frontiers it said 1080p60 but it was actually 1800p60.

If a 1060 can do 1080p60 EPIC settings, a PS5/XSX is walking through this easy work.
That or the devs dont know Unreal Engine will allow pretty much any arbitrary resolution and use TAAU to get to 4K.
Starting from 1080p though is a bad idea.
I was talking about the intel 10th series, it just looked a pretty steep requisite for such a game.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I was talking about the intel 10th series, it just looked a pretty steep requisite for such a game.
The 10505 is pretty weak by todays standards. (any standards if you ask me)
Remember the low end 8, 9 and 10th gen CPUs all performed pretty much the same.
Its likely just the lowest Intel CPU they had for testing, im sure if they had something lower they would list it.
Cuz on the AMD side the rec is a 1600......a 1600 is a potatoe.

GymWolf

The 10505 is pretty weak by todays standards. (any standards if you ask me)
Remember the low end 8, 9 and 10th gen CPUs all performed pretty much the same.
Its likely just the lowest Intel CPU they had for testing, im sure if they had something lower they would list it.
Cuz on the AMD side the rec is a 1600......a 1600 is a potatoe.
Yeah it must be the reason because the game hardly look like something that should make my 8600k sweat.

oji-san

Banned
Not so hot but still good, every game that give me an option for 60fps on PS5/XSX is great imo. Even if it's only 1080p.. i played GotG at 1080p/60fps and was satisfied.
Sure hope so that most devs will continue to support performance options.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
I like how the One X keeps on being incredibly reasonable in this cross-gen hellfire. It often does (far) higher resolutions than Series S and its purely CPU which takes it out for the count.

1080p/60 for la cross gen 3rd party like this is unacceptable. AIbthink when devs come up short like this then anyone who bought a next gen console for good performance should not buy the game.

You don’t want to do a good job optomizing your game and actually taking advantage of these next gen consoles? You don’t get a sale.

Why are there so many games that seem to perform worse on ps5/sx than similarly spec’d PC’s? That should never be the case unless the dev doesn’t put as much care into console? I see this most often from European developers. Is it because their main platform is PC and they don’t have the “resources”? If someone knows the answer please chime in.

I really hope this does poorly in sales to snd a message to Focus Int. and other publishers/devs that think 1080p is acceptable in 2022. At least use some upscaling to bring the resolution to 1440p!

There has been a rash of poorly optomized titles recently. This industry continues to disappoint.

Hot5pur

Advertisement for the game, kinda nice. Remind me of old school AA games. Also seems it won't be trying to be cinematic with walking simulator sections and trying to dramatize everything, just straight up fun action gameplay without trying to be a movie, which is a trend in a lot of modern stuff that actually has caused some games to be worse for it.

Also from Reddit or elsewhere I seem to remember the game will be around 15h, has full campaign co-op, has new game +, and unlocks which actually require to get into the NG+. I really wish more studios took NG+ more seriously and actually saved new enemies or bosses for it in addition to mixing up the enemy placement. Not sure if it's going to be the case here (my guess is no).

Top Bottom