• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EVERY SONIC MUSIC IS GOOD - Post your favorite track

Every Sonic Soundtrack it's good

• Total voters

Enjay

Banned
This is the best memory I have of 100%ing the Sonic Generations trophies. Not the painful hunt for red rings in each stage, not the grinding to get s-rank on each stage, not the time trials, not that suffering through replays of that spotty final boss fight over and over so I could beat it without getting hit. No, just the first time I did this stage and the theme in it:

Last edited:

MeteorVII

It really is true. There is not a single mainline Sonic game with less-than-stellar music!

Open Your Heart from Sonic Adventure and In His World from Sonic 06 are the best though. Quintessential Sonic Themes.

Last edited:

Whitecrow

Banned
Sonic Heroes have the most amazing guitar tracks of all 3D Sonics IMO, with Sonic Adventure getting really close.

Last edited:

MeteorVII

Shout out to Pumpkin Hill as well. Might be the single greatest rap song ever made for a video game.

I thought Forces and it’s over reliance on synths was really mediocre when it came to music

Forces is the weakest Sonic game in every regard, including the music, but I’d still say it had a banger of a soundtrack.

Fist Bump, the forest stage and the first Infinite Boss themes are top-tier.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Seen lots of my favorites already,

love the progression from 3D blast to adventure with this one.

Hitting more of my adventure favs.

edit. Oh yeah this also. (I’ve sang this more times then I’d like to admit on my Rock band 3 setup

Last edited:

BabyYoda

Banned
I think this might be my fave ever:

I didn't like Sonic Racing Transformed as much as All-stars, but man it has an excellent soundtrack. Still better than the uninspired TSR though...

Special mention goes to Star light Zone, it just gives me the feels like no other and the level is so chill as well, UK version of course:

Just realised that both tracks have "Star Light" in their title...I wonder if they have anything else in common?

Last edited:

JSoup

Banned
Loving all the Game Gear/Master System stuff. GG Sonic 1 was my first Sonic and the music stands out in my memory.

Reactions: Isa

Thabass

Supporting Me
Arrangement by: Heigo Tani / Fumi
Kumatani Lyrics by: Fumie Kumatani (translated by Shinobu Shindo)
Vocals: Everett Bradley

Tricky Maze ...for Lost World
Music & Arrangement: Fumie Kumatani

This Machine: Theme of Team Dark
Performed by: Julien-K

WHAT I'M MADE OF...
Performed by Crush 40

Just a few of my favorites. No where near the full list. All Sonic music is good.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter

Sonic Rush is really underrated in the Sonic canon all around. The gameplay was really tight, the only time anyone has reworked the classic 2D Sonic physics in a way that didn't feel like a worse versions n if the same thing. Speedrunning levels in Sonic Rush is crazy fun thanks to the expanded moveset. It's so good.

Isa

I could go to town ranting and raving over the Sonic series OST's. But the first 4 are my absolute faves by far. Sonic 2 is my top GOAT, but closely followed by Sonic & Knuckles. The colors, speed, sound, and attitude was why as a kid I saved for a Genesis over a SNES. Plus many friends had the SNES so I wasn't missing out when hanging out or spending the night.

I've been on a Genesis kick lately, hell I actually never stopped. Got 'em all on my Sony Walkman mp3 player. Plus the shooters had great OST's, hell the whole system was full of great music. Some I've been enjoying lately but made an immediate impression way back when.

I appreciate seeing the GG and Master System versions too. Great conversions. Sega was really on to something at this time. The whole package was awesome, beautiful artwork in a world I wanted to run around in, a game you could beat in a sitting but wanted to replay, fantastic music that packed some serious groove. There were a few on the GBA that I enjoyed but not to the same extent of the Genesis titles. I really enjoyed the two SA titles on the Dreamcast, still have 'em, but they never approached the greatness of originals for me.

i like a lot from a lot of sonic games so here's a huge collection of some my favs, one per game, also for some games i have several faves, so i just highlight some underrated ones.

Last edited:
Top Bottom