• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EVERY SONIC MUSIC IS GOOD - Post your favorite track

Every Sonic Soundtrack it's good

• Total voters

Banned

this was the first time I heard Crush 40.
and back then, at a friend's house, I was super confused... I heard this and was like... WAIT A FUCKING MINUTE... hold on... is that the singer of Axel Rudi Pell?
because I was a huge Axel Rudi Pell fan and still like a lot of their stuff.

and sure enough, it was Johnny Gioeli... that was so fucking weird to me as a kid, hearing this american guy from a german metal band I listened to since I was 8 sing the damn theme song for Sonic Heroes :messenger_tears_of_joy:

edit:
if someone is curious about the Sonic theme music guy singing "normal" stuff, here ya go:

that was the first Album he was on, I was having this album on repeat for a good few months back then (my cousin recorded it to cassette for me, that was the easiest way back in the mid 90s lol)
so yeah, imaging you love a band as a kid, and then one day your friend is like "hey let's play that new Sonic game! I just got it!" and you hear the singer of one of your favorite bands sing the damn theme song lol

Last edited:

Larxia

What I'm Made Of.

This is definitely my favorite Sonic with lyrics music.

The whole ending was really epic and hype building, with this song playing during the final fight.
It's a similar feeling to what I got in Metal Gear Rising boss fights. When songs with lyrics are used properly it can really create epic moments.

Orta

Banned

Not only the best Sonic tune but I always associated it with Sega's return from the dead. Playing Sonic Adventure on my new Dreamcast and having that blaring from my tv speakers was as good as it got back in '99.

Unfortunately they were fucking well dead 18 months later :messenger_pouting:

Soodanim

Gold Member
Every non-vocal Sonic track is good.
My contribution is probably a rare one for a couple reasons, but it’s a hell of a throwback. It’s not the usual speed most people will be used to, but I prefer the music at this speed.

Bridge Zone (50hz PAL version) from Sonic the Hedgehog on Sega Master System

Bonus track
Robotnik Theme, same game

Soodanim

Gold Member
I can’t forget to mention Project Chaos, a fan sourced remix project of 3&K. They’re not all winners, but everything SnappleMan touched is good fun:

I'm all about the first 3 Sonic (and S+K) games on the Genesis/Megadrive, all of them were great and so were the soundtracks. I still catch myself humming/whistling some of them to this day.

I love some of the remixes people have done over the years too. The "Project Chaos" album some people put together is fantastic, which they released for free IIRC back in 2006.

Edit: Soodanim Soodanim Damn it, you beat me to it.

Last edited:

Komatsu

Sonic music is so baller that even... controversial... politicians want a piece of the action. Here's the president of Brazil using the final boss track of Sonic 06 to toot his own horn:

It doesn't stop here. He even used the Green Hill Zone theme, possibly one of the top 3 most famous tracks in gaming, in another set of videos:

giphy.gif

Top Bottom