• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Even Playboy trashes the Xbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, so that video game sluts issue arrived in the mail - last years was actually "better" in that you had pages of images. This year it's just "trading cards". :/

Anyhow, they had a little article about gaming to compliment the feature. In their next generation speculation section, they had this to say about J. Allrad's favorite toy:

Though the Xbox 360 looks like less of a leap from current consoles than the PS3, looks can be deceiving. Top-tier titles and the preemptive launch will make it difficult to resist. It'll be hard to play PS2 when you could be playing next-gen.

Oh snap!

Could the less than stellar initial showing that's plagued the MTV debut become an albatross around the neck of every former Sega fanboy's favorite new not Sony or Nintendo company?

SuperPac

What's Playboy's lead time? Maybe this article was written closer to E3, when it sure did look like the 360 wasn't as powerful as PS3.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Playboy said:
Though the Xbox 360 looks like less of a leap from current consoles than the PS3, looks can be deceiving. Top-tier titles and the preemptive launch will make it difficult to resist. It'll be hard to play PS2 when you could be playing next-gen.
Um...Read the entire quote. Hardly seems like it's trashing the 360. Hell you don't even have to finish the quote...Just finish the reading the damn sentance.

Just finish the reading the damn sentance.

I'd be inclined to agree if the XBox3DO were launching with Halo, but it's not. I don't think MS has the clout to pull a PS2 launch and not suffer the consequences of a lack of recognizable franchises on day one.

I have the feeling it's going to be another Gamecube. Launching with a bunch of titles that aren't what fans want, but are passable; and will end up biting them in the ass.

Yeah, and I read Playboy because of their perspective on games.

Yeah, it's great! I just get it for the Dean Yeagle cartoons. Dean Yeagle rox!

I could live without the vat bred 36-24-36 blonde haired, blue eyed Playbots. :X

Wow, I wish I worked at playboy, no other publication has even *seen* a ps3 console running on its own, let alone played both the X360 and ps3 for a sizeable amount of time to make any real judgements on them...

bill0527

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
360 trolling has gone into hyperdrive today

No shit. Its unbelievable. I've seen more X360 trolling/bashing/hate threads today than I've seen in the last 2 weeks combined.

Sony must have sent out a mass email last night with marching orders to fire up the troops.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
360 trolling is getting sickening on this forum. It's worse here than anywhere else because a lot of folks on this forum know better.

I only troll FANS. Drinky may be an out of control robot superego, but he knows as much about correct trolling as Sun Tzu kows about where to park an army.

PS. Suck my cock trolls, suck it good while I play RR6 this fall. Swirl that tongue while I stream media from my PC to my HDTV. And don't forget to cup my balls while you wait a year for the next system.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Stinkles said:
360 trolling is getting sickening on this forum. It's worse here than anywhere else because a lot of folks on this forum know better.

I only troll FANS. Drinky may be an out of control robot superego, but he knows as much about correct trolling as Sun Tzu kows about where to park an army.
I was with you until you implied Drinky only trolls/baits fanboys. Pretty much every DS thread on GAF would argue othrwise.

But yeah. 360 trolling is off the charts at the moment!

Stinkles said:

PS. Suck my cock trolls, suck it good while I play RR6 this fall. Swirl that tongue while I stream media from my PC to my HDTV. And don't forget to cup my balls while you wait a year for the next system.

I would have to agree.
EDIT: WHOA where'd that P.S. come from!!!!

hahahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom