• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer : WD Legion has a bug that causes the X1X to shut down (patch incoming 30th October)

Watch Dogs: Legion, the third in Ubisoft's urban open world series, has a game-breaking bug at launch on Xbox One X that can make progress in its campaign impossible. Ubisoft is working to remedy the matter in a hotfix due at the end of this week.

The issue appears to be triggered around 6-8 hours into the main campaign (during a mission called - I kid you not - 404) upon which the game freezes and the Xbox console warns it is about to shut down, as it's designed to, because of overheating - which it duly does. It's an issue we've anecdotally heard has happened to multiple reviewers of the game on Xbox One X - Ubisoft's recommended platform for reviewers.

Ubisoft is currently working to rectify the matter. "We're aware of this issue and there will be a hot fix due to be released on 30th October which should help," the company said in an official statement.

Flintty

Lol what? That was a rollercoaster. First I was like, oh shit. Then then like oh it’s meant to as a sick trolling joke from the devs. And now I’m like, what? 🤯

Concern

Fanboys are bad but see the difference with Xbox Fanboys vs ps fanboys. They're celebrating game issues on the Xbox while the opposite aren't on the ps4 ghostrunner issues lol. Pretty embarrassing and most of you are over 40.

OT: Game is bad no matter what console its on lol.

Papacheeks

Banned
Does this bug show up I wonder on series x?

Fanboys are bad but see the difference with Xbox Fanboys vs ps fanboys. They're celebrating game issues on the Xbox while the opposite aren't on the ps4 ghostrunner issues lol. Pretty embarrassing and most of you are over 40.

OT: Game is bad no matter what console its on lol.

Huge difference between a game breaking bug and game breaking performance. Which is ghostrunner's issue right now is specfically performance. And thats something that is played in QA, so it's not like the Watch dogs bug where it's something they could have missed in their un-patched build they sent out to press.

Last edited:

geordiemp

Well if any game in advertently runs a code almost like a heating virus it would harm any system.

Too many console and pC variations at this time for developers to be fair,

Three

More loudly but more stable :D. do you know how many stability firmwares we got until now?
You joke but that's actually what was happening with Borderlands 3

Mr Moose

How the fuck did they manage that lol.
"404", damn, Ubisoft.
On Twitter or here?

jigglet

Banned
"We're aware of this issue and there will be a hot fix due to be released on 30th October which should help," the company said in an official statement.

This is how I expect the conversation went (picture this in an Aussie accent for no other reason than because):

Dev 1: hey shit cunt
Dev 2: yeah?
Dev 1: stop being shit
Dev 2: ok
Management: We have a solution. There will be a hot fix due to be released on 30th October which should help.

Last edited:

Dodkrake

Banned
Seems like there may be some runaway process at that section that causes the GPU or CPU to run crazy and kill itself. Definitely a bug, the One X is not the type of console to overheat and hasn't had any reports previously. My guess? They didn't test the game properly.

Concern

Who is celebrating here about this and not blaming Ubisoft? People are saying that other game (that I hadn't heard of until yesterday) looks like shit on PS4 and it does. Am I missing something?

Simple. Look at the likes on the post vs the ones on the ghostrunner thread. They're post history also confirms the level of maturity.

Mr Moose

Simple. Look at the likes on the post vs the ones on the ghostrunner thread. They're post history also confirms the level of maturity.
You're using likes as a way to prove your point? They might be laughing at Ubisoft and how they managed to fuck it up, I know I am.
I don't think many care about Ghostrunner, like I said in my previous post, I hadn't heard of it until yesterday with that thread (maybe it's just me). It looks like shit.

vkbest

This happen because consoles are not designed for full utilization

You joke but that's actually what was happening with Borderlands 3

Was a joke, but

"Meanwhile, things are a bit better on PS4 and PS4 Pro. There doesn't seem to be any issues of overheating, and crashes appear to be minimal"

Last edited:

Mr Moose

This happen because consoles is not designed for full utilizatio

Was a joke, but

"Meanwhile, things are a bit better on PS4 and PS4 Pro. There doesn't seem to be any issues of overheating, and crashes appear to be minimal"
Jet engine coming in clutch.

DJT123

Fuck Ubisoft for catering to the specifications of the XB1. Serves them right. We're nearly in 2021, it's so ridiculously outdated.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Having to support like 8 skus is surely going to cause stuff like this to get passed up isnt it? Glad it was caught quick though.

cormack12

Gold Member
Hmm, it seems only this guy is affected. People have been reviewing/playing this for ages right?

Having said that it's poor Ubi don't have a day zero patch ready. You could potentially play this for 8 hours on launch day and hit the bug which is bad. I wonder if it's actually just a fake error or the chip is actually hot? I can't imagine the chip heats up massively causing a short that quick when it's running fine otherwise.

Ubi must have known 'hot fix' would get big laughs though.

vkbest

We are at 8.0 version right?

it's strange because xone x was praised for his cooling system.

People are praising a silent system. Pro temperatures is not much different from XBX, but Pro is a loudly system, so people is associating loud=inefficient cooling and silent = efficient

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
This happen because consoles are not designed for full utilization

Was a joke, but

Appear to be minimal doesn't mean they're not happening over there too.

Ubi fucking things up shouldn't be called "fucking things up", it's so ubiquitous with them it should just be called working when they're doing it. They're "ubiing" it up.

I can't wait to see how they've fucked up AssCreed.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Does one of the characters say "Xbox go home" or something?

Top Bottom