• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

amrum

Jacobi said:
Mmh, the game yesterday wasn't that entertaining...France also didn't seem to try to win...

Exactly, they didn't try to win, run, play the ball, they were disrespectful for their supporters

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Deepthroat said:
That game was great! But England-Portugal was even better. It had everything a soccer fan wanted :)

TONIGHT!

frizlatan.jpg
vs
friruud.jpg

And Robben will have a show on his left side. Mikael Nilsson (if he plays.. it looks that way) is the worst player in the Sweden team. He was good against Bulgaria but that's not a good team. In the Italy and Denmark game the left midfielders came pass him every time. I don't trust him :|

I think you're being unfair. Mikael Nilsson hasn't be playing well because he's been playing in the defense most of the time, not neccessarily because he's a bad player. Maybe bad defense player in that case, his real position is on the midfield. And has it really been decided that Mikael Nilsson is going to play in the defense tonight?

Solid

Kiriku said:
And has it really been decided that Mikael Nilsson is going to play in the defense tonight?
I just read on text tv that Alexander Östlund will play to the right in the defense and Nilsson to the left. Check SVT text :)

And I think that's better. Östlund is faster than Nilsson, which is a must when you play against a player like Robben. Nilsson might have a better chance of stopping van Der Meyde.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Deepthroat said:
I just read on text tv that Alexander Östlund will play to the right in the defense and Nilsson to the left. Check SVT text :)

And I think that's better. Östlund is faster than Nilsson, which is a must when you play against a player like Robben. Nilsson might have a better chance of stopping van Der Meyde.

I was expecting Nilsson to step up in the field, leaving his defense position for Lucic. But it seems like Lucic is still too injured.

Good to see Anders Svensson return, along with Tobias Linderoth of course. I feel that gives the Swedish midfield a bit more stability. With Källström doing most things wrong in the game against Denmark, I prefer Anders Svensson right now.

And I hope Östlund will succeed. From what I've seen though, he can be a really tough player at times, Schwarz-style. Exactly the type of player Sweden needs (would be most useful on the midfield though). And he looks like a scary caveman too, which is good. :D

Socreges

Banned
Anyone else catch that chest-to-arm work by Nistlerooy? :)

It's no wonder. I was amazed at first hat he could stop the ball dead like that with just his chest.

cuccoo

Socreges said:
Anyone else catch that chest-to-arm work by Nistlerooy? :)

It's no wonder. I was amazed at first hat he could stop the ball dead like that with just his chest.

was it the one where he barely missed? i didnt notice it and the comentator didnt say anything.

COCKLES

being watched
Unlucky Sweden, the ball just wasn't going in for you tonight.

Penalties suck.

They should change the format - make both teams remove 2 players from their team over final 15 mins after normal play. Still equal. Remove another 2 for last 15 mins (defenders mandatory) to open things up. And then penalties.

Miburou

The (slightly) better team won. Portugal x Holland will surely be a more exciting game than Portugal x Sweden would've been.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Uh, I don't really think Holland played much better than Sweden. They were pretty even, both teams were very close to score. Holland didn't play impressive at all.

8bit

Knows the Score
They should have an ice level at the end, and a fire level. Then they have to beat a huge boss goalkeeper made up of all the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom