• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN Japan Publisher Sale! SquareEnix, Capcpom, Konami & more!

oni-link

really tempted, but i bought already a lot in the steam sale!

This is my problem too, I have a 20 game backlog already, I didn't really want to push that to 30ish

I think 20 is something I get through, if it pushes much higher I'll have a hard time ever getting on top of it

Bishop89

The button on the bottom right of the vita store gives you the download list, it will show your purchased games wherever you bought them. I wouldn't recommend transferring from ps3 it's been more trouble than it's worth in my experience.

oh wow, never even seen this before. I stand corrected then.

Either way, he can still purchase from the ps3 and download on vita :)

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Guys don't ignore tokyo twilight ghost hunters
and silent hill book of memories
!

I'll buy for sure:
lost dimension
trillion

maybe:
noire
disgaea 4

unlikely:
ciminal girls
malicious rebirth
croixleur sigma

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Anyone who owns a vita and has no played persona 4 golden needs to nd its only £5.

Right now im considering

Gravity rush
Final fantasy X
Steins gate

Also help me gaf, which one is the better monster hunter clone, soul sacrifice delta or toukiden kiwami (or freedom wars that i already have)

Rikkun

For those who asked, STAY AWAY from FFV. Loading times are horrid, I tried playing it on my Vita and it took almost ten seconds to open the pause menù every time.

gogogow

Would you rather play it on a handheld device or on the big screen? Otherwise, there's no difference.

The game is identical on both. Visual novels are like books, so I prefer to play/read them on the Vita in bed or something. It's your personal perference.

That is the dilemma i'm having. I want to enjoy it on a big screen, but the shorter start up time and play/read in bed is something I want too. Dammit. Vita TV is the best solution to this lol.

Any difference in loading times between the PS3 and Vita version?

not sure i will be getting anything in this sale. what i want, i either bought / have or the price is not right for me.

although i may get digimon

Xieldos

Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil 6 and a digital copy of Persona 4: Golden for me.

I have a physical copy of Persona 4 but may as well get digital at that price, just in case!

brainslug

Great sale. Will buy at least RE 0 HD, Vanquish and Binary Domain.

Also considering Gravity Rush Remastered and Tales of Zestiria.

Ikon

Ok, looks like I'll end up with:

Steins;Gate
Trails of Cold Steel
Ys: Celcetta
Persona 4: Dancing all Night
Digimon

I would love to get these physica instead but Vita games never seem to drop in price. Or is there a good site to buy cheap Vita games I don't know about?

finley83

Banned
Castlevania SOTN PAL is really bad, please just pick up the NTSC version when it's next on sale. The game feels really sluggish and just not as fun to play.

Fdkn

Is it recommended to watch the Steins;Gate anime first or play Trails in the Sky before these?

No, watch the anime later.

Yes, but it's not crazy to play it first. You'll miss some references and won't know some secondary characters but you'd be mostly fine.

This is the sale I have been waiting for,

dear lord there's so many games I want to buy.
How will I survive...!?

*edit*

Also help me gaf, which one is the better monster hunter clone, soul sacrifice delta or toukiden kiwami (or freedom wars that i already have)

Both games play differently than traditional monster hunter, what I personally think the strength to these two are their story.
If you like dark fantasy settings inspired by grim tales and magic; Soul Sacrifice has a really engaging narative
If you are more familiar with Mystical Japanese stories or have played and enjoy any of Koei/Omegaforce's games then u will probs like Toukiden

I feel like Toukiden feels more similar to traditional Monster Hunter, there are weapon classes and a hub world as well as linear upgrade paths

Both games are great and are unique!

Also Freedom Wars is also awesome, if u are in to more dystopian sci-fi ;D

There is so much stuff here that's tempting me. It's like a wet dream for JRPG fans.

Digimon, Trails of Cold Steel, Suikoden, Wild Arms 3 and Ray Gigant are all catching my eye, plus others. Problem is, there's not enough time to play them all.

Tailzo

I have Demon Gaze in my basket, wondering if Ray Giant or any other dungeon first person rpg could be worth it on Vita?

Rezbit

Is Touch My Katamari worth it for $7.55AU? I haven't played a Katamari since We Love Katamari on PS2, but I sure could go more Katamari. Katamari.

ffvorax

Mind zero,
Amnesia memories,
Ray gigant,
Atelier plus alchimist of arland,
Trillion god of destruction,
Digimon psvita o ps4,
Hyperdimension neptunia rebirth 1,
Drakengard 3,
Resonance of fate

This is my list... Any suggestion? Should i take off something?

Mind zero,
Amnesia memories,
Ray gigant,
Atelier plus alchimist of arland,
Trillion god of destruction,
Digimon psvita o ps4,
Hyperdimension neptunia rebirth 1,
Drakengard 3,
Resonance of fate

This is my list... Any suggestion? Should i take off something?

You should probably remove Mind Zero unless you know what you're getting (i.e. mostly garbage) and are ok with that. Maybe for 5€ I would buy it
Also if you haven't played Trails of Cold Steel it should be on that list

The rest seems like a good mix of games

GeeTeeCee

Is Touch My Katamari worth it for $7.55AU? I haven't played a Katamari since We Love Katamari on PS2, but I sure could go more Katamari. Katamari.

It's a fairly standard Katamari game (you can mostly ignore the touch control stuff) but it is incredibly short.

Bishop89

ok so in my basket i have
Ps4:
Rogue Galaxy
Resident Evil 6
Mega Man Legacy Collection
Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment

Ps3/Vita:
FF2 (psp)
FF3 (psp)
FFIV: Complete Collection
Disgaea 4: A promise Revisited
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together
Tokyo Jungle
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Parasite Eve 2

Edit: I've condensed my list.

Tailzo

5. Disgaea 3 or 4 for vita? My brain is telling me to go for 4 coz its newer and its probably more refined and probably looks better too. Thoughts? Story isn't going to be a factor for me.
OR, should i get disgaea 5 for ps4?

If you want portable Disgaea 4 for Vita (why wouldn't you), get 4. If you want the best game, get 5 on ps4.

Bishop89

If you want portable Disgaea 4 for Vita (why wouldn't you), get 4. If you want the best game, get 5 on ps4.

Is Disgaea 5 remote play on vita decent enough?
I want 5 more than the others, but I want portability as well, can start the game up when watching tv :p

GeeTeeCee

How short are we talking? Sub 5?

How Long To Beat puts the "main story" around 2 1/2 hours (which sounds about right to me from when I completed it a few months ago), so anything beyond that depends on your willingness to replay the levels again to beat previous scores.

Rezbit

How Long To Beat puts the "main story" around 2 1/2 hours (which sounds about right to me from when I completed it a few months ago), so anything beyond that depends on your willingness to replay the levels again to beat previous scores.

Wow that is incredibly short. Wondering if it might be worth it just for some casual play.

Joey Ravn

Banned
After browsing the store for a while there's not much for me, sadly. Most of the games discounted are either on PC or I have no interest in them (or I already have on Vita, like Gravity Rush).

I've been thinking about double-dipping and getting Cyber Sleuth for PS4, since I haven't played much of the Vita version, but I'm afraid that'd be spending money just for the sake of spending money :(

Bishop89

After browsing the store for a while there's not much for me, sadly. Most of the games discounted are either on PC or I have no interest in them (or I already have on Vita, like Gravity Rush).

I've been thinking about double-dipping and getting Cyber Sleuth for PS4, since I haven't played much of the Vita version, but I'm afraid that'd be spending money just for the sake of spending money :(

the only difference is that it looks better and performs @ 60fps.

I wouldn't double dip $30 AU for that.

Intel_89

Wow that is incredibly short. Wondering if it might be worth it just for some casual play.

The main game has 10 stages, once you beat each of those you unlock 3-5 challenges for each of them. It's still good fun for the asking price if you're a fan, the thing thay bothered me was the way they handled DLC.

Bishop89

Can someone answer the following:

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment - I saw gameplay footage and it looks really good and fun. HOWEVER i need to know do you need to be connected online? Are there any online trophies, and are they a grind to get?

oni-link

How are Vagrant Story and Metal Gear Sold? Are they 50Hz versions? Are they ok?

Would you recommend Vagrant Story? I hear it's complicated and has a lot of padding, but a lot of people say it's a classic, so I'm torn

Bishop89

Would you recommend Vagrant Story? I hear it's complicated and has a lot of padding, but a lot of people say it's a classic, so I'm torn

Re: 50hz, I have nothing to compare it to, but i played mgs for the first time a couple years ago and it was an amazing experience, holds up extremely well in my opinion and you should buy it. im not too sensitive to that kind of stuff to notice (50hz).

Shin-chan

MGS seemed quite sluggish on my PS3 but I don't know if that was a combination of input lag and it being old and that's how it always was or if it was actually 50hz.

Vagrant Story is good but it tough going and complex. It's not too difficult once you get the hang of the gameplay and upgrade systems but it can feel a bit brutal at times.

royox

Dark Souls 3 50€
Dark Souls 2 Scholars of the First sin for 20€

I will pick with a friend (so 50% each one). Recommend me one. We both loved BB and DaS.

Yay been waiting for Final Fantasy I-III to go on sale for ages, finally going to play through the series.

Few questions about other games I'm considering:

Does the Muramasa Rebirth DLC ever go on sale? Only the base game is on sale now, so if I get that + all DLC it adds up to AUD$31. The 'Complete Collection' is $41, so it's not a fantastic deal right now which is why I'm wondering.

Are the PAL versions of Dark Cloud/Chronicles and Rogue Galaxy on PS4 good? If they have obvious 50hz slowdown I may as well buy them with an NA PSN account.

Loved Valkyria Chronicles Remastered, is 2 worth playing? I remember hearing it was super grindy, but if I just play through the story and not worry at all about getting 100% completion is it decent?

Dark Souls 3 50€
Dark Souls 2 Scholars of the First sin for 20€

I will pick with a friend (so 50% each one). Recommend me one. We both loved BB and DaS.
Dark Souls 3. Much closer in quality to the original Dark Souls and Bloodborne than Dark Souls 2.

Zhao_Yun

Thinking about picking up:
Wild Arms 3
Arc the Lad - TotS (does anyone know whether the EU versions of this and Wild Arms 3 run worse than the US counterparts because of 50 hertz issues?)
Tactics Ogre
Final Fantasy III
Ray Gigant
(Senran Kagura Bon Appetit)
(Sword Art Online Re:Hollow Fragment)

Tempted on some other games as well, but it's hard for me to buy digital if physical versions exist ;<

Does the Muramasa Rebirth DLC ever go on sale? Only the base game is on sale now, so if I get that + all DLC it adds up to AUD$31. The 'Complete Collection' is $41, so it's not a fantastic deal right now which is why I'm wondering.

I remember the DLC being on sale once, since that was when I bought the DLC. Don't see DLC going on sale often though, so no idea when it will be on sale again :/

redlemon

Has there been any rumblings about Trillion: God of Destruction coming to PC? I'll probably play it on my TV so I'd rather a high res version.

Top Bottom