• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESPN: "Spygate to Deflategate: Inside what split the NFL and Patriots apart"

Status
Not open for further replies.
but you're pushing a constant conspiracy of cheating too

bionic77 has fought his enemy so long he has failed to see the demon he has become!

He said he was done talking about this like a few days ago but he can't leave! I personally want him to stay and keep the conversation going because I enjoy his company.

chadskin

At Gillette Stadium, the scrambling and jamming of the opponents' coach-to-quarterback radio line -- "small s---" that many teams do, according to a former Pats assistant coach -- occurred so often that one team asked a league official to sit in the coaches' box during the game and wait for it to happen. Sure enough, on a key third down, the headset went out.

Sounds like the Patriots have stepped up their game against the Steelers in that regard.

#RadioGate

RBH

The NFL described the headset problem last night as “intermittent,” and elected not to shut down the Patriots’ system in return as would normally be required under the NFL’s “Equity Rule.”

NBC’s Michele Tafoya, confusingly, reported from the sidelines during the second quarter that the Patriots’ headsets were, indeed, shut off—contrary to what the NFL claims. (The Steelers, reportedly, are planning to file a complaint with the NFL.)

Here’s how the Pittsburgh Steelers’ official website described tonight’s headset issues:

"The broadcast was so loud that the Steelers coaches were unable to communicate, and the NFL rule is that if one team’s headsets are not working the other team is supposed to be forced to take their headsets off. It’s what the NFL calls the Equity Rule. Strangely enough, whenever an NFL representative proceeded to the New England sideline to shut down their headsets, the Steelers headsets cleared. Then as the representative walked away from the New England sideline, the Steelers’ headsets again started to receive the Patriots game broadcast."

http://deadspin.com/what-exactly-ha...//deadspin.com/?hipra_discussion_redesign=off

Dicer

Banned
Are we honestly back and forthing over a temp audio issue in the pouring rain that the Pats had nothing to do with, and it was their audio that was being broadcast...

wow, just wow

natjjohn

Are we honestly back and forthing over a temp audio issue in the pouring rain that the Pats had nothing to do with, and it was their audio that was being broadcast...

wow, just wow

Was the radio booth broadcast, not the pats coaches radio talk.

COmNHhiWUAAsr6S.jpg

I guess the headsets were deflated.

Bandini

Can't let little things like facts and logic get it the way of a good story.

Breaking: I've just heard from 91 anonymous sources that Belichick used top-secret government technology to interfere with Tomlin's headset, even though there's no way they should have known the frequency being used. Maybe Belichick has a telepath in a bathtub in the basement of Gillette stadium? Ok, I'm hearing more from those sources now, it seems that telepath potentially read the NFL headset operator's mind to get the information. Could this also be why the Patriots knew the perfect plays to call where Gronk would be left completely uncovered? Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Coux

Neo Member
not to be a dick...but....any non boston sources?

words from belachik himself arent exactly gonna inspire much confidence lol

Unfortunately not. Seems to be left out of all of the national news articles. I guess if it doesn't fit the narrative of your story, why include it?

ParityBit

I think Tomlin is complaining because he could not get the signal from his coaches as to when he should step on the field to trip someone.

All of these various gate based controversies are really shining a light in how hard it has been all these years for non-Patriots to watch their teams get stunted on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom