• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EPA Chief Pruitt potential lies to Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/...tt-pruitt-03-21-2017.php#.WNFPScLLbxQ.twitter

WASHINGTON— The Center for Biological Diversity and University of Oklahoma law professor Kristen van de Biezenbos today filed a formal ethics complaint with the Oklahoma Bar Association against U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt, seeking an investigation into whether Pruitt lied to Congress while under oath.

The investigation would target possible ethical violations stemming from Pruitt’s misrepresentation to senators of his use of a personal email address, during his tenure as Oklahoma attorney general, for official business and speeches he gave to right-wing organizations against environmental protection.

Today’s complaint asserts that Pruitt violated Oklahoma’s rules of professional conduct when he told Senator Sheldon Whitehouse during his confirmation hearing that he did not use a personal “me.com” email address for official state business while attorney general of Oklahoma. Records released in the course of an Oklahoma public records lawsuit show that Pruitt received at least one email message, and possibly more, at a “me.com” email address. Additional records are still being reviewed by Oklahoma courts for possible public release.

Pruitt’s friends in the fossil fuel industry clearly knew how to reach him best: at his personal email address,” said Amy Atwood, a senior attorney at the Center. “Lawyers and public servants must adhere to the strictest ethical standards, and the Oklahoma Bar should investigate Pruitt’s apparent carelessness with the truth.”

One released email shows a message from a vice president of the American Fuel and Petrochemical Manufacturers association to Pruitt’s me.com address, asking him to use his position as Oklahoma attorney general to help roll back renewable fuel standards that were set under the Obama administration. Other released emails show use of a redacted email address for Pruitt that may be personal, showing correspondence with representatives of the American Legislative Exchange Council. ALEC is widely viewed as a right-wing organization that has worked to weaken some of the nation’s most important environmental laws, including laws Pruitt administers at the EPA, such as the Clean Air Act and Clean Water Act.

Use of a personal email address for official state business can lead to the loss of government records and to hacking. Misrepresenting facts is a matter that the Oklahoma Bar Association takes seriously.

So...emails?

pa22word

As an okie, Pruitt is a truly vile piece of shit. I legit gagged when he was picked for the post. Hope he comes home in tatters due to this and has to go flip burgers for the rest of his miserable life.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
If the source and intensity of the fire causing all this smoke isn't found I'm gonna flip my fucking shit.

Beartruck

This is why you put your men through an ethics test Trump: so your whole cabinet isn't constantly on the edge of collapsing.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
So he said, under oath, that he didn't use a me.com email address but did?

Seems pretty black and white.

That he didn't use it for official state business.

I think a reasonable case could be made that one or two could be an accident - I have done that myself occasionally - but if a pattern of evasion can be shown (only mails from lobbying orgs and individuals, and no boring state business), then it is much more cut and dry.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
i would love to hear Trump try to define the word "ethics", would be hilarious.

t2ZPQ2g.jpg

Surfinn

That he didn't use it for official state business.

I think a reasonable case could be made that one or two could be an accident - I have done that myself occasionally - but if a pattern of evasion can be shown (only mails from lobbying orgs and individuals, and no boring state business), then it is much more cut and dry.
Thanks for this. Seems like he may have a way out then?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Thanks for this. Seems like he may have a way out then?

If it's only a few, then it may even be "true" but it sounds like they're going to dig deeper. If they find like, ten mails asking for nefarious positions on environmental/energy business, then it's plenty.

Air

Banned
Maybe Trump is somehow getting these people in because he knows they're liars, thieves and crooks and knew they would fall under scrutiny. Maybe this is how he drains the swamp, by showing how corrupt businesses truly are and to force the American people to make a change in our politics that would remove the massive influence of business entities. Maybe Trump is the hero we need.

Good riddance to the entire team and I'm going to enjoy when the blonde tipped orange domino falls last

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom