• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Embracer makes layoffs at Neverwinter developer Cryptic Studios

Embracer Group has made layoffs at Neverwinter developer Cryptic Studios. Several current and former Cryptic employees confirmed there has been a "reduction in force" at the studio, although it's unclear how many people have been let go.

Linkedin posts shared by staffers indicate that many talented members of the Cryptic team have been impacted by the cuts, however, with senior community manager and writer Mike Fatum explaining that "many of the best people I know were let go from Cryptic Studios today."

In a separate Linkedin update, Cryptic lead environment artist Scot Boyd said "a lot of amazing people" have been laid off.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Embracer strikes again. They own Eidos right? Well good luck seeing any fucking Deus Ex any time soon lmao. Someone should sue Embracer for all the shit they have done in the last year.

T4keD0wN

Had no clue Neverwinter is still going. They have done 24 expansions since i last played it. Its old as hell so this one is far from shocking.

I bought it twice. Another new IP no one noticed.

Yeah, that's a shame. I found out about Chorus by stumbling into it at a local store sometime back. The cover art was so striking that I had to look it up (turned out it had good reviews and even a demo). Gave the demo a shot, enjoyed it, and then went right back to the store and snagged myself a copy of the game lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom