• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Embracer Group Is Starting to Close Studios After Losing Out on Deal Worth Billions

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Does anybody else think that the "deal" was about selling Embracer Group studios to another company like Tencent, Microsoft or Sony? And now Embracer is short on cash because that deal didn't close.

Any guesses what they were trying to sell, who they were trying to sell to, and why could it possibly fail?

Bridges

Does anybody else think that the "deal" was about selling Embracer Group studios to another company like Tencent, Microsoft or Sony? And now Embracer is short on cash because that deal didn't close.

Any guesses what they were trying to sell, who they were trying to sell to, and why could it possibly fail?
I've seen a lot of people say that the deal was likely to put Embracer's entire catalogue on Game Pass, but I haven't seen any actual evidence of that so it could be largely speculative.

Mr Hyde

It seems since ever Saints Row bombed, Embracer Studios has been a house of cards. It's a shame if they would crash and burn because they sit on a massive wealth of IPs.

It seems since ever Saints Row bombed, Embracer Studios has been a house of cards. It's a shame if they would crash and burn because they sit on a massive wealth of IPs.

Go woke, go broke.

Saints Row was an utter shit show. Quite why Embracer didn't swoop in and dump all the purple-haired Gen Z weirdos from the studio when they took over, is really something they should be kicking themselves for now.

kiphalfton

I’m kind of worried about stuff like this as consolidation becomes more common. Studious being gobbled up by the big players and then getting closed one by one as soon as the financials start to take a hit.

Yeah just look at what happened to however many studios got eaten up by EA. Very sad indeed.

Top Bottom