• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elon Musk buys Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Why would he? He controls Truth and it's on a cloud platform that won't shut it down like Parler was (Twitter is run on that platform now, so Elon better find an alternative).
I’ve seen too many alternative platforms fall by the wayside to even trust Trump to build a successful new one

a6XcJ52.jpg

This is a serious response to a man buying a social media platform.
kvOjQm2.png

ManaByte

Truth is nothing. How often do people post a trump message from TRUTH? NEVER.

Tell us you don't know what you're talking about without telling us you don't know what you're talking about.

The platform has been in beta for two months. Trump has one Truth posted. There isn't even the web version launched yet. He's starting to use it this week since they just existed beta by going on Rumble Cloud to onboard the backlog of millions of people on the waitlist. Deal with it.

Tams

More like ArseTechnica
I got banned there years ago. I think it was for complaining about a Peter Bright article...

Now their favourite rocket boy Elon has sent them into a tizzy.

They also rag on the SLS despite proclaiming to love space exploration. I mean, yes, it's a massive pork barrel, but wishing it to explode, etc. is just... ugggghhh.

They are very good at downvoting the Russian trolls though, I'll give them that.

HoodWinked

As if that woman has a genuine bone in her body.

Oh, and now Twitter is a very important social media square that “can threaten democracy.” Funny that. She’s sounding more and more like what we’ve been saying for years.

Don’t get it twisted. He did play by the rules. She is being disingenuous. Her specialty.
feels like at one point she used to be the darling on the left but now that AOC has taken that crown she's gotten more and more unhinged and irrational, especially at how much Trump clowned on her and broke her brain.

Ionian

After the mass casualties we had from The Joker, Cyberpunk 2077 and Jk Rowling, not sure society can sustain another catastrophic event like Elon buying Twitter. The death toll will be incalculable

The joker? brilliant film. I missed that, what happened?

Stupidity never ends it seems.

MacReady13

My prediction: Twitter in a year from now looks a lot like Twitter today. People screeching that this is the end of humanity/the rebirth of freeze peaches will be disappointed. Costco hot dogs remain $1.50
Difference is come USA election time and another story like Hunter Biden comes along, Elon Musk's Twitter won't suppress the story, hence no election fraud.

ManaByte

Can someone break it down for me why is this a good thing that we're going to have to pay for Twitter now that Elon Musk bought it?

Is this more bullshit like the bot accounts who were claiming Trump was charging $5 a month for Truth? I haven't seen anything legitimate saying it other than hyperventilating on Twitter.

ManaByte

I’ve seen too many alternative platforms fall by the wayside to even trust Trump to build a successful new one

I think the difference here is they're building it on the Rumble backbone, so they have a concrete foundation that won't kick them off and shut them down like the other platforms had to deal with by being on AWS.

Zeroing

Banned
a6XcJ52.jpg

This is a serious response to a man buying a social media platform.
From what i've been reading on the other forum, it seems the forum itself it's imploding, since 2 days ago they are making threads and posts trashing anyone old aka older that 25...

What is happening with Humanity???

Xenon

I just got done listening to an interview by PB S news from Washington Post "journalist". She said there was a real concern about removing the protections Twitter developed and having things like terrorist beheadings and child assaults on Twitter coming back after Elon Musk removed all the safe gaurds that Twitter employees worked really hard to put into place.

These people really do live in their own reality I am sorry that so many people probably end up taking this information seriously.

Last edited:
Wait so the dude BUYS his way onto the board, and then he wants to change things harping about free speech, when really twitter chooses to remove platforms from the dreg opinions of society. It sounds like he just wants his politically favorable opinions to be okay, and not actual free speech.

That is corrupt as shit.
Faxxx

Unknown?

Ahhh, I don't want to continue with the politics but you do realize numerous people within his administration went to jail for their ties to Russia, we know that they met numerous times, he invited a Russian spy chief into the Oval Office after firing the head of his main justice apparatus, he defended Putin numerous times in the public square, etc, etc, etc, etc. I realize you may have been gaslit into denying the obvious facts, but that doesn't mean any of it is untrue.

Sorry mods, I just think that this bit of attempted gaslighting really needed highlighting as it's basically one step away from full-blown conspiracy crap like denying the Jan 6th insurrection happened or that the election was stolen.
You seem to have been watching CIA controlled media(aka anything not independent in the US).

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
This has to be joke, right? Now only the ideas and leadership of those with advanced degrees matter!?!?

That said, if this is a joke (I hope it is), it's funny!
As someone who has 18 yesrs of university degrees; they can't differ a man from a woman. Why would you put any value in them.

Ionian

From what i've been reading on the other forum, it seems the forum itself it's imploding, since 2 days ago they are making threads and posts trashing anyone old aka older that 25...

What is happening with Humanity???

It died really really quickly. They banned everyone and the ops are total cunts. And the owner sold out, screwed the site over, lol.

The ops there are a true special case of stupidity. It's hilarious. Half of them can't even type. :D

FunkMiller

...this is all literally because he tweeted that pronouns suck, isn't it?

Like... forget the entire company he set up to provide vehicles that don't run on fossil fuels, and the space program.

Because he said pronouns suck, he's the devil.

Is he perfect? Fuck no. Does he sometimes say and do stupid shit? Fuck, yes.

Is he worse than Jack Dorsey, or any other major player in global technology? Also, fuck no.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
...this is all literally because he tweeted that pronouns suck, isn't it?

Like... forget the entire company he set up to provide vehicles that don't run on fossil fuels, and the space program.

Because he said pronouns suck, he's the devil.

Is he perfect? Fuck no. Does he sometimes say and do stupid shit? Fuck, yes.

Is he worse than Jack Dorsey, or any other major player in global technology? Also, fuck no.
He’s whatever the ideology gatekeepers tells them he is.

Unknown?

Yeah, let's not get this thread banned by spouting conspiracy theory nonsense, eh?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mockingbird but that was more of a joking jest since it was all they could parrot. :p

And piss off with that dismissal, we all know by admission the current administration works with big tech(which we government funded) to censor and you're naive enough to believe they don't with big media.

Last edited:

Rykan

Why would he? He controls Truth and it's on a cloud platform that won't shut it down like Parler was (Twitter is run on that platform now, so Elon better find an alternative).
Because it's inevitable that "Truth" becomes a spectacular failure. There's no more room for another social media platform.

FunkMiller

Because it's inevitable that "Truth" becomes a spectacular failure. There's no more room for another social media platform.

One of the main reasons Trump might not come back onto Twitter, even if Elon lets him back, is because he knows if he starts spouting his same old dumbass bullshit, Elon is likely to call him up on it, and make him look stupid. Donald Trump hates to look stupid, and he *really* hates to be reminded that he's not the biggest dog in town.

I want him to come back just to see the reaction from all the Trump fans when they realise Musk isn't on their side.

Last edited:

akimbo009

Gold Member
One of the main reasons Trump might not come back onto Twitter, even if Elon lets him back, is because he knows if he starts spouting his same old dumbass bullshit, Elon is likely to call him up on it, and make him look stupid. Donald Trump hates to look stupid, and he *really* hates to be reminded that he's not the biggest dog in town.

And he definitely will say something stupid. He's not even on Twitter and managed to say Putin was smart when Russia invaded Ukraine. So yeah, not a full deck of cards and definitely would get pilloried by Musk.

FunkMiller

And he definitely will say something stupid. He's not even on Twitter and managed to say Putin was smart when Russia invaded Ukraine. So yeah, not a full deck of cards and definitely would get pilloried by Musk.

Yep. Musk is as likely to haul Trump across the coals as he is AOC.

The thing is, neither right nor left actually want a platform designed around the notion of free speech and equality, because that doesn't suit either of them. What they want is a platform that favours their particular viewpoint.

They're not going to get it with Elon Musk in charge. He's going to ensure Twitter does two things: makes him money, and attracts the highest number of subscribers. And he'll do that by squeezing the extremes out, to let more of the centre in.

My popcorn is ready for the joyous meltdowns to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom