• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elon for president....

CloudNull

Banned
I think that it would have to be pretty militarized for a while because of how rare resources would be. This is another reason why I love The Expanse. Its like they saw into the future.

I couldn't image how hard it would be for the US or Earth to regulate a planet. It would be impossible.

Last edited:
Because electing a conman with no government experience has gone so well here on earth 😂
Every time the man proceeds to turn the world on its head by doing things that were previously called impossible he gets called a conman for it. How is he a conman?

Was it when he destroyed the economic viability of the Russian Space Agency?
Was it when he started landing rocket boosters on their tails like goddamned Buck Rodgers?
Was it when he produced an electric car that people actually wanted to buy?
Will it be when he starts bringing batteries to market that actually make renewable electricity economically feasable?
Will it be when the overwhelming majority of the populated planet has access to high speed internet?
Will it be when he launches a $25,000 electric car that people actually want to buy?
Will it be when he launches the 2nd most powerful rocket in history, again?

Now onto the speculative ideas.

Will it be when he puts up commercial orbital infrastructure?
Will it be when he industrializes the moon?
Will it be when he puts the first boots on Mars?
Will it be when he ships back the first trillion dollars worth of rare metals from the asteroid belt?

Musk keeps on telling people what he's going to do, and people keep being shocked when he just does them.

Compsiox

Banned
Every time the man proceeds to turn the world on its head by doing things that were previously called impossible he gets called a conman for it. How is he a conman?

Was it when he started landing rocket boosters on their tails like goddamned Buck Rodgers?
Will it be when he starts bringing batteries to market that actually make renewable electricity economically feasable?
Will it be when the overwhelming majority of the populated planet has access to high speed internet?
Will it be when he launches a $25,000 electric car that people actually want to buy?

Will it be when he ships back the first trillion dollars worth of rare metals from the asteroid belt?

Musk keeps on telling people what he's going to do, and people keep being shocked when he just does them.
Don't forget neuralink

Tesseract

Banned
First lady Grimes lol
source.gif

GeorgPrime

Banned
Last edited:

Aggelos

Guys, the thing is Elon is going to Mars and he probably gonna be president/governor/ruler/emperor/swayer/chairman/Prime Minister/Count/Duke/prince (or whatever title he might assume on that planet)
but with the Corona Virus shebang and its financial repercussions being "a runaway train" on our planet, we might have to ditch earth sooner than we actually thought.
So how do we join Elon's endeavour to go to Mars?

Compsiox

Banned
Honestly if he rules over mars, I hope they'll keep a detailed account of everything like it's one big experiment and post it to the internet in real time. I'd want to know all the stats about every aspect of life.

Last edited:

CloudNull

Banned
Honestly if he rules over mars, I hope they'll keep a detailed account of everything like it's one big experiment and post it to the internet in real time. I'd want to know all the stats about every aspect of life.
Imagine if we get to the point were we can see live streams from Mars? I know there will always be a delay because of the speed of light but once a streams starts we could potentially watch everything in realish time.

I just hope I am around to see these great achievements. Considering the modern computer is only 40 years old, I could see this happening sooner than expected.

Zenaku

I have to wonder where humanity would be, in terms of renewable energy, clean transportation, poverty, climate change and the many other issues we still need to tackle for future generations, if other billionaires actually gave enough of a shit to try.

oagboghi2

Musk goes out and accomplishes shit

while his detractors greatest claim to fame is begging for a politician to pay off their student loans.

Top Bottom