• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elder Scrolls Online Teasing something.

16195779_1452188871457808_5928343595122365866_n.jpg

Video

A lot of people are speculating this may be a part of Red Mountain which is in Vvardenfell the land mass from Morrowind. Morrowind's 15 Anniversary is in May and parts of the map and waypoints have been datamined from current builds. Really can't wait for a full reveal it's supposed to be the largest PvE area in the game.

We're revealing something big tomorrow that you won't want to miss!
Be sure to join us tomorrow, January 31st at 11:00am PST / 2:00pm EST / 7:00pm GMT on twitch.tv/bethesda to discover the next chapter of The Elder Scrolls Online. We'll be unveiling a bunch of new, exciting information that you definitely won't want to miss. If you plan to watch the announcement live, get your cameras ready now; we want to see your reactions! Share your videos and GIFs with us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TESOnline) or Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/elderscrollsonline/) using #ESO, or directly on the official ESO forums (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/).
See you tomorrow at 11:00am PST. Invite your friends, and don't be late!

stn

Really, Morrowind's anniversary is in May? Didn't know. I would LOVE an HD remaster with only the graphics being altered. Since that's unlikely, I'll settle for a Morrowind expansion for TESO.

Really, Morrowind's anniversary is in May? Didn't know. I would LOVE an HD remaster with only the graphics being altered. Since that's unlikely, I'll settle for a Morrowind expansion for TESO.

Yeah me too. I know a lot of people don't care for the game not being a mainstream ES title but i absolutely love running around the Morrowind region that is already in the game. It gives me real nostalgia. I have spent hours exploring Vvardenfell I cannot wait to see how these guys handle it. The game is beautiful to travel in.

Samikaze

Yeah me too. I know a lot of people don't care for the game not being a mainstream ES title but i absolutely love running around the Morrowind region that is already in the game. It gives me real nostalgia. I have spent hours exploring Vvardenfell I cannot wait to see how these guys handle it. The game is beautiful to travel in.

I got bored really quick of ES:O, but I really did get nostalgia for the Morrowind regions. If they really do add Vvardenfell, I'll be back in a heartbeat!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It's definitely Vvardenfell. People have datamined the shit outta it. Apparently it's going to be a huge expansion, likely just as big or bigger than Vvardenfell was in Morrowind proper.

KJRS_1993

Morrowind coming to Elder Scrolls Online would be great fun. Does this mean it'd be possible to run around Vivec / Balmora / Seyda Neen again?

I wish I had more time to play ESO :(

Will this be the 2017-Q1 DLC...? Or is Homestead considered this year's first DLC?
Homestead is first. People are guessing this will be the first expansion of the year for Morrowind's 15 anniversary in a few months.
Morrowind coming to Elder Scrolls Online would be great fun. Does this mean it'd be possible to run around Vivec / Balmora / Seyda Neen again?

I wish I had more time to play ESO :(
Yep. The map I posted above was datamined fro..ESO and it already has most of those places.

Crixus

I'd pay good septims for a physical edition. Those classic Morrowind'esque colors would look good on a steelbook and some cloth map. Not gonna happen though, and my money stays in them wallet.

gossi

16195779_1452188871457808_5928343595122365866_n.jpg

Video

A lot of people are speculating this may be a part of Red Mountain which is in Vvardenfell the land mass from Morrowind. Morrowind's 15 Anniversary is in May and parts of the map and waypoints have been datamined from current builds. Really can't wait for a full reveal it's supposed to be the largest PvE area in the game.

I'm the dude who does the OT for the game. I have thousands of hours played (yes, I'm THAT GUY in life now) and I datamine the game. It's Vvardenfell indeed. The landmass is huge. It's a major expansion to the game due this year. Since the next update (player housing) is in Feb and they do them quarterly, this looks to be May - aka Morrowind 15th.

screenshot-2014-07-16-22-44-05.png

I'm the dude who does the OT for the game. I have thousands of hours played (yes, I'm THAT GUY in life now) and I datamine the game. It's Vvardenfell indeed. The landmass is huge. It's a major expansion to the game due this year. Since the next update (player housing) is in Feb and they do them quarterly, this looks to be May - aka Morrowind 15th.

Awesome news.Thanks for the info. THE DREAM REALIZED!

Pakoe

How is the game itself?
I've played Skyrim a couple of times, and start to recognize some quests.
Definitely in need of something new.

Kuntz

Can't wait to revisit Balmora and be called a N'Wah.
Seriously, that would really make me reinstall this game, I only played for a short time at launch but it needed polishing, looks like it improved a lot.

gossi

How is the game itself?
I've played Skyrim a couple of times, and start to recognize some quests.
Definitely in need of something new.

I'm bias, I did the console OT here.

I think it's great. However, the internet thinks the game is terrible - and largely hasn't played it. The hate for this game is REAL, but if you look at the Steam scores and Metacritic it actually does quite well critically and player wise.

If you play it like a traditional MMO and expect to race through all the quest, skip all the story, and 100s of numbers on screen with buffs etc you'll be disappointed. It's not that game. There are no numbers on screen with debuffs blah blah. It's first person view by default. You can use any weapon and any armour with any class. You don't need an "elite" build - you can just play. If you race through all the content you will be bored. This isn't the game where you run around in a circle farming something for 12 hours.

It's a game which warrants time. All the quests are full voiced, they hired professional voice actors (in many cases, named actors too). They have a main quest which is fully single player, and in fact a majority of the content works best as a single player experience to be honest (which is odd for an MMO, but they definitely designed more towards Elder Scrolls). It has a full thief system, you can now murder almost any NPC, pick the lock to their house etc. It has The Dark Brotherhood. The Mages Guild and Fighters are also single player questlines, all with big stories.

The game is huge. The map is now open, so you can go anywhere when you start. A significant portion of Tamriel has been created, including bits of Skyrim - basically, the map is absolutely huge, I think the biggest in any open world game. Monsters don't have levels any more, so you can just play like Skyrim and skip content you don't like. In terms of 'single player' content there's hundreds of hours, even without DLC.

Racing through the game was the biggest problem at launch, it just wasn't the game they designed - so they've made a lot of changes since launch. For example, as mentioned, monsters don't have levels any more. It's pointless rushing to 'complete'. If you play it like you would Skyrim, as in to experience the world, I think you'll have a great time.

Pakoe

I think it's great. However, the internet thinks the game is terrible - and largely hasn't played it. The hate for this game is REAL, but if you look at the Steam scores and Metacritic it actually does quite well critically and player wise.

If you play it like a traditional MMO and expect to race through all the quest, skip all the story, and 100s of numbers on screen with buffs etc you'll be disappointed. It's not that game. There are no numbers on screen with debuffs blah blah. It's first person view by default. You can use any weapon and any armour with any class. You don't need an "elite" build - you can just play. If you race through all the content you will be bored. This isn't the game where you run around in a circle farming something for 12 hours.

It's a game which warrants time. All the quests are full voiced, they hired professional voice actors (in many cases, named actors too). They have a main quest which is fully single player, and in fact a majority of the content works best as a single player experience to be honest (which is odd for an MMO, but they definitely designed more towards Elder Scrolls). It has a full thief system, you can now murder almost any NPC, pick the lock to their house etc. It has The Dark Brotherhood. The Mages Guild and Fighters are also single player questlines, all with big stories.

The game is huge. The map is now open, so you can go anywhere when you start. A significant portion of Tamriel has been created, including bits of Skyrim - basically, the map is absolutely huge, I think the biggest in any open world game. Monsters don't have levels any more, so you can just play like Skyrim and skip content you don't like. In terms of 'single player' content there's hundreds of hours, even without DLC.

Racing through the game was the biggest problem at launch, it just wasn't the game they designed - so they've made a lot of changes since launch. For example, as mentioned, monsters don't have levels any more. It's pointless rushing to 'complete'. If you play it like you would Skyrim, as in to experience the world, I think you'll have a great time.

Wow, that actually sounds pretty fun. I don't like traditional MMOs with dozens of flashy bars and numbers on the screen. I actually prefer a more 'laid back' experience.
Thanks, i might actually get the game. All the negativity surrounding it kind of kept me away from it all this time.

Yeah ESO is awesome. I don't know if it was always awesome, but having just started a few months ago, I couldn't put it down for a long time. Very good quests, lots of fun things to do. Loved the thieves' guild DLC and also Orsinium.

Yeah ESO is awesome. I don't know if it was always awesome, but having just started a few months ago, I couldn't put it down for a long time. Very good quests, lots of fun things to do. Loved the thieves' guild DLC and also Orsinium.

It was definitely *not* always awesome. I've played off and on since the early betas, and it has come a long way.

The One Tamriel update brought it more in line with traditional ES games in terms of freedom, which is huge.

Bizzquik

This is a fantastic write-up. Its basically how I feel.

Its funny; I went to play Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion on my Xbox One when it became backward compatible and was amazed how unmodded (vanilla) Oblivion is basically the same as Elder Scrolls Online. The stories in both are enjoyable and there is a lot to see. All the guilds are there. And once the player gets over the fact that they're literally completing the same quests with the same dialogue as the other hundreds of players they're encountering - which took me a long time to accept - ESO and Oblivion play virtually the same. There's even a quasi form of 'Needs' management built into ESO: you'll want to eat or drink regularly to get a nice buff.

ESO is far better than I expected it to be, and I look forward to this week's "The Road Ahead" update where the team lays out what their plans are for 2017.

It's definitely Vvardenfell. Man I really hope they nail the trailer. This can bring a lot of people into the game. I avoided this game till One Tamriel and have since sunk 500 hours into it. It's my favorite ES game since Morrowind.
We’re revealing something big tomorrow that you won’t want to miss!
Be sure to join us tomorrow, January 31st at 11:00am PST / 2:00pm EST / 7:00pm GMT on twitch.tv/bethesda to discover the next chapter of The Elder Scrolls Online. We’ll be unveiling a bunch of new, exciting information that you definitely won’t want to miss. If you plan to watch the announcement live, get your cameras ready now; we want to see your reactions! Share your videos and GIFs with us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TESOnline) or Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/elderscrollsonline/) using #ESO, or directly on the official ESO forums (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/).
See you tomorrow at 11:00am PST. Invite your friends, and don’t be late!

Wallach

Been playing more of this game recently. Very underrated game in the market it exists in, though it appears to be doing very well commercially so at least it isn't suffering for the lack of attention it seems to get.

Looks like it's back to the Red Mountain. I'm down to get called an n'wah again.

Syf

Banned
That's really cool. I don't think my Legion addiction can be broken right now, but if I do get bored of it I'll be giving ESO another try for this. Haven't played since launch week.

Kalentan

Been playing more of this game recently. Very underrated game in the market it exists in, though it appears to be doing very well commercially so at least it isn't suffering for the lack of attention it seems to get.

Looks like it's back to the Red Mountain. I'm down to get called an n'wah again.

On PS4 it's crazy how many people play the game. It's one of the few MMOs that actually feel alive in terms of players. So many MMOs you go and explore and feel like you never see anyone. Yet in ESO it's not uncommon to find players. Which always makes me happy cause it doesn't make the game feel deserted.

On PS4 it's crazy how many people play the game. It's one of the few MMOs that actually feel alive in terms of players. So many MMOs you go and explore and feel like you never see anyone. Yet in ESO it's not uncommon to find players. Which always makes me happy cause it doesn't make the game feel deserted.

Yeah same feeling on PC. Unless I'm playing with friends or grinding mobs I never group but seeing people run around or going to taverns and watching the RP groups doing their thing is always an awesome feeling.

Aces&Eights

I think it's great. snip...

My thought, exactly. I bought it at console launch and it wasn't "all there" for me. After the changes they made, I jumped back in and I play it every night. Looks great on my 4K TV, too. Quests are fun, environments are awesome and it has the perfect loop for me. Just hit level 48 and find that I spend a lot of time at work thinking about reworking my skills, new loot I just received, etc. When I find myself daydreaming at work, I know a game has its hooks in me lol

There are TONS of people on PS4. In the main hubs it's like the Stones are in town or something. Even in the far flung corners of small islands, I will see people running to and fro which is great as the game is designed like a SP PVE in term of quests but they have dungeons that you really need help on. What's cool, is you can just follow a group in and piggyback off them. People I have talked to in game are really cool and polite which is pretty shocking as any time I play MP the chat can be toxic. I love this game and am about ready to buy the other expansions. If Morrowwind is coming, RIP wallet.

BizzyBum

As for people possibly interested in the game, I would highly recommend it. It's not as popular as WoW or ARR, but the population on all three platforms is booming it seems. There's so much content if you're a new player that you'll be playing for 500 hours if not more if you take your time and explore the world and treat it like the single-player entries. It's almost TOO much content. I'm at around 700 hours myself and I'm still playing solo PvE, haven't even touched group content or Cyrodiil PvP.

My biggest gripes with the game personally are even though the world is massive the zones are still a bit too theme park in nature for me and the crown store (cash shop) can be obnoxious at times but it's mostly cosmetic stuff they sell, nothing close that comes into P2W territory. I do wish the game was less theme park and more sandbox, though. I don't PvP yet either but apparently I hear it's not really super balanced but the devs continue to make adjustments each update.

Matty8787

Is this game worth coming back to? I have it on PC (bought collectors edition fml) I also have a PS4 Pro so could get it on that, which version has the better player base?

Is this game worth coming back to? I have it on PC (bought collectors edition fml) I also have a PS4 Pro so could get it on that, which version has the better player base?

Both are very active from what I've read. PC has a ton of players I can say from experience. Since there is no monthly charge redownload it and play it on PC for awhile and see if you like it better now.

How is ESO anyway? How is server population? How are expansions handled? Free?

You can either buy the expansions individually or pay monthly and have unlimited access to them. I believe the subscription also gets you ESO fun-bucks each month that you can use to buy the expansions permanently if you want.

Top Bottom