• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring To Feature Dynamic Wildlife To Make World Feel Alive; Bloodborne 2 Is Not Happening Anytime Soon – Rumor

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Elden Ring will feature dynamic wildlife alongside
This is interesting, usually in games like Dark Souls and Bloodborne, the world is state of death and misery but I guess in Elden Ring the world is much better shape. The question is those "wildlife" are normal animals or are they monsters or something similar to monkeys and giant rooster in Sekiro.

I can believe that BB2 isn’t happening soon but I think BB Remastered will be a surprise announcement for PS5

and Elden Ring just keeps sounding better and better

Last edited:

NAI1210

As much as I love bloodborne I don't think it needs a sequel, an enhanced version on ps5 would be great, but I could see Sony and from having another ps5 exclusive game, as PS3 had demons souls, ps4 bloodborne, ps5...??

So how many of these rumored ps5 games have been now de-confirmed No ff16,BB2,Crash 4, Jak 3, Ratch and clank 4 so whats launching with the system.

LordKasual

Banned
This is interesting, usually in games like Dark Souls and Bloodborne, the world is state of death and misery but I guess in Elden Ring the world is much better shape. The question is those "wildlife" are normal animals or are they monsters or something similar to monkeys and giant rooster in Sekiro.

This IS interesting. I'm interested to see how a Soulsborne game will play with an actual living world.

As for Bloodborne 2....does anyone really want that right now? The best parts of the game will be ruined by the fact that you already know what's ultimately going on.

The genius of Bloodborne was in the shock of experiencing everything completely leave the confines of what you expected when you first started playing.

Only way i'd care for a Bloodborne 2 is if it's COMPLETELY removed from the original setting, and the same events happen (or have happened) in a different time period, preferably the present or future.....and probably not called "bloodborne 2"

Last edited:

garballax

Nah, gimme 144hz support. 60fps is pathetic these days. What year is it? Seriously. Maybe the console versions can get 60fps but on PC it should be unlimited
I love FROM but don't expect that any time soon. they're notorious for hard-coding gameplay elements to the framerate.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Imagine the quest complexity in an even more dynamic and open world.

"Sorry bruh, you missed your only chance for the 4th ending, because you saved the old man 4 minutes past midnight while hunting a rare squirrel."

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I'm hoping the idea of Covenants returns, similar to how a player's relationship to factions is handled in some other RPGs.

Also idgaf about George RR Martin's involvement, just gimme a soundtrack that is worthy.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
For some reason, I hate that Goblin in Elden Ring, I don't like this creatures. They are too bulky, etc. I HAVE TO write it in here.

Danjin44

Is there any news when we gonna see some gameplay from Elden Ring or do we have to wait until E3? There is this game, SMTV and Bayonetta 3 I desperately need to see some gameplay footage from them.

Ar¢tos

Is there any news when we gonna see some gameplay from Elden Ring or do we have to wait until E3? There is this game, SMTV and Bayonetta 3 I desperately need to see some gameplay footage from them.
It was supposed to be showed during VGA but they changed their mind because development is taking longer than expected.
If they are indeed doing a cross gen game, then it should be shown during one of the console reveals (rumored marketing deal with MS), if they stick to current gen only, then probably E3.

El Sueño

Elden-Ring.jpg

It has been almost nine months since the Elden Ring announcement, and nothing else has been said since then regarding the new game in development by From Software. Rumors circulating online are painting a very interesting picture, and something new has emerged online recently.

Omni, who has been revealing supposed details on the game, recently revealed that Elden Ring will feature dynamic wildlife alongside dynamic enemy placements and weather. These elements will make the game feel more alive than in many others open-world RPGs.

Omni also touched upon a possible Bloodborne sequel on PlayStation 5. While From Software has multiple teams that work on different projects, Bloodborne 2 is not in active development and it is not even in line to be in development, so if the game is happening, it won't be anytime soon. Not surprising, considering Elden Ring is said to be the biggest From Software game yet.

Elden Ring is currently in development for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Best Game of a Lot of generations was the only thing I did read.

Last edited:

RedVIper

Banned
Bloodborne sold like garbage as an exclusive on a system with 100 million users.

It didn't. It was released at the begging of the generation when the system had less than half the users (Around 30million).

There’s no money in it from From Software which is why all the they’ve made is multi-plats since.

Sony paid From Software to make the game. I could have been the only one buying the game and they would have still made money lol.

That said I prefer that every game is multiplat. That way I can play on pc.

sublimit

Banned
Couldn't care less about rumours.

I'll continue to wait for actual gameplay or official information. It's not as if i have no other games to play.

Last edited:

Gargus

Banned
As much as I'd like a new bloodborne I'm ok with waiting or never getting one. They are talented people, they wouldn't make one if they didnt think it could be as good as it should be.

I am excited for Elden ring though. Hell I'm excited for anything they do.

Bloodborne sold like garbage as an exclusive on a system with 100 million users. There’s no money in it from From Software which is why all the they’ve made is multi-plats since.

Over 3 million sales as of 1 year ago, on a game that is 5 years old back when ps4 had a smaller install base back then is hardly a failure.

Sounds more like you're just going by what sounds good in your head.

As much as I'd like a new bloodborne I'm ok with waiting or never getting one. They are talented people, they wouldn't make one if they didnt think it could be as good as it should be.

I am excited for Elden ring though. Hell I'm excited for anything they do.

Over 3 million sales as of 1 year ago, on a game that is 5 years old back when ps4 had a smaller install base back then is hardly a failure.

Sounds more like you're just going by what sounds good in your head.

vgchartz is garbage and not reliable. an insider from NPD said the game did over 2 million in the us alone 2 years ago. the game should be around 4-5 million WW.

OMG I love the fact that Bloodborne 2 isn't a dream anymore but what kills me is HOW LONG!? Might not be alive once it releases... But I'm looking forward to Elden Ring

EDMIX

Some thing tells me, even if they were making Bloodborne 2, they would never even announce it this way soooooo this might not be a real sign its not happening, simply that they are not saying and would likely never say like this.

How many developers ever really out right in an interview in passing will say like "we are working on Bloodborne 2 as a PS5 launch exclusive right now as we speak" ?

LordOfChaos

Bloodborne is too good not to have a sequel. Bloodborne is also too good to have a sequel.

There's so much they could do in that world. What's happening in other cities during the outbreak? Prior fallen civilizations? The future?

Lots to do without ruining that perfect blood gem.

Danjin44

There's so much they could do in that world. What's happening in other cities during the outbreak? Prior fallen civilizations? The future?

Lots to do without ruining that perfect blood gem.
I would argue most of the time story at their best when we know less, stories like in Bloodborne becomes less interesting when we know too much.

LordOfChaos

Paid bloodbourne remaster more than likely

very unlikely...free ps5 patch

They never even patched out the frame pacing issue, so I'd say the chances of a free PS5 patch are nearly zilch

Though maybe a boost mode beyond the Pro's boost mode could be an added help

Last edited:

Namon

Neo Member
I just don't see a Bloodborne sequel even beginning to measure up to the first. Game play? yeah sure no problem. But the Lore? No way. They absolutely covered every inch both present, past, and future as you played through that game. The only really loose thread was Cainhurst and the queen. Yeah you could jump around to other cities/countries and do that but ultimately it'd still be the same with maybe a different coat of paint: Elders coming in and people discovering them and trying to harness their powers result in in epically bad consequences. It was absolutely one of my favorite games of this generation, and it was truly mind blowing to me on many levels. A sequel would just water all of that down to me. Take the switch weapon and no block mechanic and possibly make a new game in a new setting with all new lore instead is how I feel.

With all of that said, with the muscle behind Elden Ring, the lore should be outstanding. And the more open world with dynamic environments sounds like a breath of fresh air over the oppressive sense of being alone in the previous games (save Sekiro)

YukiOnna

I just don't see a Bloodborne sequel even beginning to measure up to the first. Game play? yeah sure no problem. But the Lore? No way. They absolutely covered every inch both present, past, and future as you played through that game. The only really loose thread was Cainhurst and the queen. Yeah you could jump around to other cities/countries and do that but ultimately it'd still be the same with maybe a different coat of paint: Elders coming in and people discovering them and trying to harness their powers result in in epically bad consequences. It was absolutely one of my favorite games of this generation, and it was truly mind blowing to me on many levels. A sequel would just water all of that down to me. Take the switch weapon and no block mechanic and possibly make a new game in a new setting with all new lore instead is how I feel.

With all of that said, with the muscle behind Elden Ring, the lore should be outstanding. And the more open world with dynamic environments sounds like a breath of fresh air over the oppressive sense of being alone in the previous games (save Sekiro)
Only way a "sequel" works for Bloodborne is if it has nothing to do with Yharnam and utilizes a completely different take on Lovecraft mythos. It's not Sekiro where you could easily do a story driven prequel or sequel and could only have the loosest connections.

Kokoloko85

As much as I love bloodborne I don't think it needs a sequel, an enhanced version on ps5 would be great, but I could see Sony and from having another ps5 exclusive game, as PS3 had demons souls, ps4 bloodborne, ps5...??

I hope PS5 gets their MIyazaki Exclusive

Nah, i think more a driving game with some puzzle sections...

Why such a strange question?
It's gonna be dark souls\sekiro open world with a more prominent story most likely.
How is it a strange question?

dynamic wildlife makes me think of monster hunter, I'm assuming the wildlife plays a very interactive part of the game. or is this one of those things where you go to each of my posts and respond with a counter point?

GymWolf

How is it a strange question?

dynamic wildlife makes me think of monster hunter, I'm assuming the wildlife plays a very interactive part of the game. or is this one of those things where you go to each of my posts and respond with a counter point?
Dynamic wildlife is present in almost every triple A ooen world of this gen, especially the newer one from the last couple of years.

They are not talking about giant creatures but smaller animals like rabbits, birds, foxes to make the scene more alive and less barren.

Maybe there is gonna be some giant boss that roams in the maps with some basic ia and different behaviour but they are mostly talking about smaller stuff.

Last edited:
Dynamic wildlife is present in almost every triple A ooen world of this gen, especially the newer one from the last couple of years.

They are not talking about giant creatures but smaller animals like rabbits, birds, foxes to make the scene more alive and less barren.

Maybe there is gonna be some giant boss that roams in the maps with some basic ia and different behaviour but they are mostly talking about smaller stuff.
The OP literally says the dynamic wildlife applies to both big and small. What they mean by that, I don't know. Which is why I was asking as to get an understanding of the scale of this announcement from someone who might actually have info.

GymWolf

The OP literally says the dynamic wildlife applies to both big and small. What they mean by that, I don't know. Which is why I was asking as to get an understanding of the scale of this announcement from someone who might actually have info.
It probably means that even bigger creatures roam into the map with maybe 2-3 scripted stuff to do like drinking in a lake and such (like the hordes in days gone or the big creatures in mhw).

The game doesn't become a monster hunter game just for this, in that saga hunting giant creature is 99% of the core game.
Souls saga always had giant bosses, like a lot of other games.

I like animals ecosystems in games so i hope they can deliver in this aspect, but at no point this game is gonna be a mh type of game.

Top Bottom