• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring To Feature Dynamic Wildlife To Make World Feel Alive; Bloodborne 2 Is Not Happening Anytime Soon – Rumor

Elden-Ring.jpg

It has been almost nine months since the Elden Ring announcement, and nothing else has been said since then regarding the new game in development by From Software. Rumors circulating online are painting a very interesting picture, and something new has emerged online recently.

Omni, who has been revealing supposed details on the game, recently revealed that Elden Ring will feature dynamic wildlife alongside dynamic enemy placements and weather. These elements will make the game feel more alive than in many others open-world RPGs.

Dynamic day/night cycles, lighting, weather, I'll even throw you a bone and say wildlife, enemies out in the open world that change their positioning, both big and small. Things that make the world feel like it lives and breathes and doesn't just exist as your playground and while they're relatively minor when looked at as singular elements. You start to take all of these elements and put them together and ultimately what you have is something that again, shares the same DNA as past games, but culminates into something different.
Omni also touched upon a possible Bloodborne sequel on PlayStation 5. While From Software has multiple teams that work on different projects, Bloodborne 2 is not in active development and it is not even in line to be in development, so if the game is happening, it won't be anytime soon. Not surprising, considering Elden Ring is said to be the biggest From Software game yet.

From works on multiple projects all the time. As of right now, the game isn't in development or in line to be in development. So in the event that a Bloodborne sequel does happen, it's not happening any time soon.
Elden Ring is currently in development for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
---------------------------

Elden Ring’s World Is More “Grandiose” Than Ever; Will Feature A More Involved Personal Narrative, Expanded Environmental Storytelling – Rumor

The Elden Ring world and lore are more grandiose than ever, featuring a level of depth that has never been seen in previous games developed by From Software, according to a report from an insider.

Omnipotent recently shared some interesting new tidbits regarding the game's lore and world on the ResetEra forums. Having been written by A Song of Ice and Fire author George R.R. Martin, the Elden Ring lore features a history that delves into the politics of the world, all the major powers in it and how they had an impact on the current state of the game's world. These have always been present, to some extent, in From Software's previous games, but they will be more important than ever, and not easy to miss elements.

Martin’s best qualities are his incredibly detailed world-building through his ability to create believable, living, breathing worlds that have a large sense of scope and an almost encyclopedic sense of history. On top of that he has a great knack for bringing in well trodden concepts and ideas in the realm of fantasy and making them interesting either by twisting them or by their placement in a larger whole. That is what’s being brought to the table here. A history that delves into the statecraft of this world, political confrontations, its major players and powers and other important presences whose influences and impact can be felt into this day.
The scope of the world, lore, and narrative in Elden Ring will be more grandiose than ever to match the scope of the actual game. Surprisingly, the tone will be slightly different than in previous games from the studio: it will be slightly brighter than usual, but it will still feature some dark elements.

The scope of the world, lore and narrative is more grandiose than past games in pretty much every way to match the new, greater scope of the game it’s meant to inhabit, in addition to a tone that strays a bit further from convention into territory of being brighter than usual Fromsoft fare (though being a GRRM/From game it’ll have its dark moments).
The Elden Ring is an extremely important element to the game's world, and its disappearance has an effect on the world as if the real world were to lose the moon: it doesn't bring immediate destruction, but heavy consequences. Players will be able to experience this in the game also thanks to expanded environment storytelling.

Elden Ring is also going to tell a much more involved personal narrative than previous From Software titles. The game will feel like a proper journey, and players will meet more NPCs than ever, all with their own story and personal motives. Some of these stories will span across multiple locations and story progression.

What you’re left with is a larger world than Dark Souls with places that aren’t just alluded to, but you get to explore yourself, facing a more intense and far further reaching internal as well as existential calamity when fundamental forces of this universe are broken. Leaders and nations, the divine and the fiendish, all in conflict and you finding your place throughout all of this. Resulting in a powerful narrative with more dramatic weight than preceding titles but not any more overbearing.
With George R.R. Martin involved in the creation of the Elden Ring's lore, it's not surprising to learn how the game will go beyond anything From Software created so far. As official details are still scarce, however, we have to take everything with a grain of salt until Bandai Namco and From Software finally reveal more of the highly-anticipated title.

Last edited:

RedVIper

Banned
I wish they'd just release some gameplay for this game already.

Like I know what to expect, it's From, I just want to see it.

Life

Dynamic wildlife...not beasts? Wildlife makes it sound like ur not supposed to kill 'em.

Ar¢tos

Obviously. Exclusive games are not worth it anymore. I don’t even thing they will ever release bloodbourne 2. if so, it would also be on XBOX and PC.
Being a Sony IP, it will never release on Xbox.
Bloodborne wasn't exclusive because From allowed it to be exclusive. It was exclusive because it is a Sony game and From was hired to make it, its just like Spider-Man.

Holammer

I doubt Bloodborne 2 would ever happen, not as a Sony exclusive anyway. Sony got Demon's Souls and Bloodborne for cheap back when FromSoftware struggled. Now that they enjoy great success with Dark Souls/Sekiro, there's no chance they'll do second party development for peanuts anymore. Nobody wants to be a second party dev bitch like Platinum Games.
I mean, why on earth would From pour resources into a game that would sell 2-4M copies as a Sony exclusive when it could sell 9-12M as a multi-format title, one which they could fund by themselves to boot and reap all the rewards, also owning the IP, the franchise rights and possible TV or movie licenses.

Sony could put one of their in-house studios on a BB sequel I guess, but I doubt people would accept a BluePoint Games developed sequel. Then there's the possibility that BB might not have sold so well as fans want to believe to begin with.

RedVIper

Banned
I doubt Bloodborne 2 would ever happen, not as a Sony exclusive anyway. Sony got Demon's Souls and Bloodborne for cheap back when FromSoftware struggled. Now that they enjoy great success with Dark Souls/Sekiro, there's no chance they'll do second party development for peanuts anymore. Nobody wants to be a second party dev bitch like Platinum Games.
I mean, why on earth would From pour resources into a game that would sell 2-4M copies as a Sony exclusive when it could sell 9-12M as a multi-format title, one which they could fund by themselves to boot and reap all the rewards, also owning the IP, the franchise rights and possible TV or movie licenses.

Sony could put one of their in-house studios on a BB sequel I guess, but I doubt people would accept a BluePoint Games developed sequel. Then there's the possibility that BB might not have sold so well as fans want to believe to begin with.

Bloodborne sold more than 4M.

It's also worth mentioning that it was release early into the consoles life cycle when the install base was much smaller.

Sub 30 frames per second, motion blur, frame lags, chromatic abberation. Ugh how did I manage to finish it the first time is a miracle even tho it was a good game. Playing it a second time was impossible and I tried several times. Needs a PC port asap.

impossible to play a second time? jesus

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
Bloodborne sold like garbage as an exclusive on a system with 100 million users. There’s no money in it from From Software which is why all the they’ve made is multi-plats since.

Obviously. Exclusive games are not worth it anymore. I don’t even thing they will ever release bloodbourne 2. if so, it would also be on XBOX and PC.
Objectively not true, and Sony owns Bloodborne.

Bloodborne sold like garbage as an exclusive on a system with 100 million users. There’s no money in it from From Software which is why all the they’ve made is multi-plats since.
Uh, no. That's not the reason.

It sold 2 million, for a From Software exclusive with an install base of 25.5 million that's huge. In comparison, Dark Souls 1 barely reached that amount on 3 platforms... Bloodborne was very much a success.

Last edited:

johntown

Banned
Maybe From will do what they basically did for Demon's Souls? No sequel but just change the name and some elements of the game but essentially the same game (aka Dark Souls).

So, maybe Echo's of Blood?

Maybe From will do what they basically did for Demon's Souls? No sequel but just change the name and some elements of the game but essentially the same game (aka Dark Souls).

So, maybe Echo's of Blood?
Everybody in this thread is hoping for too much lol. Demon's Souls was it's own thing and so is Bloodborne.

Bloodborne sold how many on PS4 ? about 3 million copy? Thats to be expected for souls game which is quite a niche game

If youre expecting GTAV numbers for Bloodborne, im sorry but youre dumb

Bloodborne sold how many on PS4 ? about 3 million copy? Thats to be expected for souls game which is quite a niche game

If youre expecting GTAV numbers for Bloodborne, im sorry but youre dumb

bloodborne has sold way more then 3 million, the problem is sony won't release numbers if the game doesn't hit 10 million. just in the US, it has sold over 2 million as of june 2018. for reference many people thought dark souls series sold around 10-12 million based of official numbers. then namco announced it had sold 25 million, these games have long legs. https://www.pcgamesn.com/dark-souls-remastered/dark-souls-series-sales

Last edited:

WindomURL

This is the future release that I'm most hyped for, no question. Something tells me this is gonna be legendary.

I'm hankering hard for some gameplay or at least some screenshots. Anything. Please, FROM, give us FUCKING EYES

Saber

Gold Member
Rumor eh(whats up with the spam of rumors lol)...could be a new IP entirelly(like Bloodborne is). Or maybe they move to multi entirelly.

Also, is this a rumor discussion or port begging?

Last edited:
Since Iwata’s passing Nintendo has gone all out on mobile. I wouldn’t plan on them staying exclusive forever on all titles.

Never knew Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 is coming to mobile

Let us know about it when it happens

Last edited:

H4ze

The cry fo BB2 is strong in this thread, how utterly pathetic...

Gimme some new material to watch about Elden Ring From, now! :D

Airbus Jr

Banned
The story of this game is also made by GRRM

Im gona make my characters look like Jon Snow😁👍

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Sekiro was pure satisfaction, but it was a focused endeavor that continued BB's emphasis on player skill instead of character building (muh build variety muh PvP muh mile-wide backstab hitboxes).

So I'm glad Elden Ring represents the pendulum swinging back to the RPG side of things, since it is supposedly as much of an RPG -- if not moreso -- than the Souls series.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
FROMSOFTWARE has my full trust, I’m sure they making their “open world” fun to explore.

Loved Bloodborne but if FROM not interested making sequel for it then they shouldn’t have to.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

I fully expect a crossgen release. If no date has been announced so far, the release date will fall too close to next-gen release and it will be a wasted opportunity.
AFAIK development isn't going (or wasn't going as of Oct/Nov last year) as smoothly as they desire, so everything is still possible since there is no date set.

Last edited:
Top Bottom