• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring on Gamescom 2021 ONL almost certian according to Gamescom Award nomination rules

Bartski

Gold Member
QUICK POST SHOW UPDATE:

hide GIF

Gamescom 2021 Awards participation rules seem to confirm a significant Elden Ring showcase to happen during the event.

sxmab4ofu7j71.png

Source:

Nominees for GamesCom Awards 2021 were made public on Monday, listing Elden Ring nominated in 5 categories:

Best Microsoft Xbox Game
  • Elden Ring, Bandai Namco Entertainment
  • Far Cry 6, Ubisoft
  • Halo Infinite, Microsoft

Best PC Game
  • Age of Empires IV, Microsoft
  • Syberia: The World Before, astragon Entertainment
Best Sony PlayStation Game
  • Tales of Arise, Bandai Namco Entertainment
  • The Dark Pictures: House of Ashes, Bandai Namco Entertainment
Best Action Adventure Game
  • Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope, Ubisoft
  • Syberia: The World Before, astragon Entertainment

Best Role Playing Game
  • Encased, Koch Media
  • Tales of Arise, Bandai Namco Entertainment

Being one of the most anticipated titles by the gaming community, it's obvious if such a showcase is indeed planned to happen, it will be the highlight of the big live event - the Opening Night Live!

The host Geoff Keighley has published the official list of Opening Night Live participating publishers that includes Namco Bandai, the publisher of Elden Ring:

R46C8mE.jpg

I addition, FROM has a history of releasing extended gameplay trailers of their every single game since Dark Souls 1 on Gamescom.

Safe to assume, we will all finally see the game tomorrow in its full glory. IT'S HAPPENING

Oh My God Reaction GIF by The Office

Last edited:

WitchHunter

You haven't seen the first reveal? What more you wanna see? It looks great, it's a FROM title. Buying it blindfolded is a sure win.

Bartski

Gold Member
You haven't seen the first reveal? What more you wanna see? It looks great, it's a FROM title. Buying it blindfolded is a sure win.
I wanna see the announcement of special edition preorders to send them some money. 10 mins of gameplay deep-dive would be perfect, I'm definitely not watching any more cinematic promo trailers cut by the publisher spoiling all the bosses.

WitchHunter

I wanna see the announcement of special edition preorders to send them some money. 10 mins of gameplay deep-dive would be perfect, I'm definitely not watching any more cinematic promo trailers cut by the publisher spoiling all the bosses.
And? You'll forget them until release. Plus you will swear like a bartender after the 125th try.

Bartski

Gold Member
It still could happen later into the event, like it was the case with all previous FROM games. Or behind closed doors for press only for previews.

CamHostage

What's weird is that we know that journalists did see the saints row gameplay that I don't think was shown tonight
Technically, it's Day Zero of Gamescom 2021.

There's no show floor this year, so the whole thing is another of these Zoom roadshows. Few of these companies seem to have scheduled time for their unveilings if they have any plans (good god, that Gamescom Schedule is a jam-packed with nothing-scheduledes...) and Bandai Namco doesn't have anything I can see on the calendar, but it's bound to have some public presence, even if it is just the same previous trailer footage and maybe some producer comments?

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I still I don’t understand the logic behind these awards, are you telling me SMT series is so niche that it can’t against Just Dance!?

Mozzarella

I'm very hyped for Elden Ring, it looks like it will enter my top favorite games of all time. Can't wait to play it.

Top Bottom