• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM reviews and rumor thread (October 2005 issue)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Cover is some RPG game. Final Fantasy VII.

103153761_lg.jpg

INTERNETS CAN FUCK COPY WARIO64 NOW

Rumors, very short version

-God of War 2 on PS2 in 2006. God of War 3 on PS3.
-Metal Gear Solid franchise on mobile phones
-Splinter Cell 4 on X360 and PS3, next Spring and Fall respectively
-Socom on PS3 focusing on multiplayer. 64 players, larger maps.
-Sega creating next gen Crazy Taxi in house (as oppose to getting other developers as mentioned in last month's rumors...speaking of which, Sega wants another developer to create a Virtual Cop). On X360/PS3 next year, online mode support
-Sony thinking about pushing PS3 launch to Fall

Reviews:

MULTIPLATFORM
Darkwatch PS2: 6.0, 6.5. 6.0
Darkwatch Xbox: 6.5, 7.0, 6.5
Beatdown: 4.5, 4.0, 4.5
Nascar 06: 9.0, 7.0, 6.5
NHL2k6: 7.5, 7.0, 6.0
NHL 06: 7.0, 7.5, 7.5
187 Ride or Die: 4.0, 4.5, 4.5

PS2
Radiata Stories: 7.5, 7.5, 7.5
Urban Reign: 7.5, 5.0, 3.5

XBOX
Moto GP 3: 7.5, 8.0, 7.5

GAMECUBE
Mario Superstar Baseball: 7.5, 6.0, 7.5
WWE Day of Reckoning 2: 5.0, 5.0, 7.5

PSP
Frantix: 7.0, 7.0, 6.0
Medievil Resurrection: 6.0, 4.5, 8.0
Namco Museum Battle Collection: 7.0, 8.0, 8.0
Gripshift: 3.0, 7.0, 6.5

DS
Trace Memory: 5.5, 6.5, 6.5
Nintendogs: 7.5, 8.0, 9.0 (GAME OF THE MONTH)

Amir0x

Banned
"COVER IS SOME FINAL FANTASY GAME, FINAL FANTASY VII."

Elaborate on information revealed about these spinoffs. Also, if they did reveal anything about FFVIIr, which they said at the end of last EGM issue that they might get the dealio on.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

God of War 2 on PS2 in 2006
Metal Gear Solid franchise on mobile phones
Splinter Cell 4 on X360 and PS3, Fall and Spring respectively
Socom on PS3 focusing on multiplayer. 64 players, larger maps.
Sega creating next gen Crazy Taxi in house (as oppose to getting other developers as mentioned in last month's rumors). On X360/PS3 next year, online mode support
Sony thinking about pushing PS3 launch to Fall

Jeff-DSA

Wario64 said:

Metal Gear Solid on mobile phones
Socom on PS3 focusing on multiplayer. 64 players, larger maps.
Sega creating next gen Crazy Taxi in house (as oppose to getting other developers as mentioned in last month's rumors). On X360/PS3 next year, online mode support

Huh, maybe Nintendo and Sony will launch close together after all...

Jeff-DSA said:
Sheesh, they slaughtered just about everything this month.

Looks like Beatdown = Urban Reign

C'mon Final Fight, you gotta step up for the beat-em up fans. (albeit, Beatdown was pretty alright, not too shabby)

Amir0x

Banned
Wario64 said:

On PS2? Awwwww. I actually wanted to see what they could do on PS3, but oh well. God of War love is great. 2006 seems like a pretty short development cycle, though...hope quality doesn't suffer.

Wario64 said:

Yaaaaaaaay! Can't wait to see this.

Wario64 said:

Better be for US launch only, if Japan launch in Fall then they better have simultaneously launch. If not, and US launch slips to 2007... Microsoft Xbox360 = game/set/match.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
oops, I meant Splinter Cell 4 for X360 in SPRING and PS3 in FALL. got it mixed up.

i dont care about Final Fantasy VII so dont bother asking me for any info on it

oh, and apparantly God of War 3 = PS3

Amir0x

Banned
Wario64 said:
oops, I meant Splinter Cell 4 for X360 in SPRING and PS3 in FALL. got it mixed up.

Definitely sounds more realistic.

Wario64 said:
i dont care about Final Fantasy VII so dont bother asking me for any info on it

You better go and find whether there's any FFVIIr info or you're a dead forumer.

Mobius_1

Banned
Radiata Stories: 7.5, 7.5, 7.5
Urban Reign: 7.5, 5.0, 3.5

damn :(

- oh god no!!! No more PS2 games

-Splinter Cell 4 on X360 and PS3, next Spring and Fall respectively
cool! SC rocks

-Socom on PS3 focusing on multiplayer. 64 players, larger maps.
could be good

-Sony thinking about pushing PS3 launch to Fall
nooooo

Not a good month I see. The GoW 2 rumour is interesting though, would have thought they would want to immediately start on Ps3 development.

Bah, GoW2 on PS2 seems dissapointing. Seems like the PS2 has already been pushed to the max already. Jaffe and crew needs to abandon the PS2 and go completely to the PS3.

Mau ®

Cover is some RPG game. Final Fantasy VII.

Elaborate more on that.

Uh? If there is indeed a GOW2 for PS2 just move it to PS3 as a launch title, I know I'd buy it even so I think GOW2 is for PS3.

-Sony thinking about pushing PS3 launch to Fall.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Medievil Resurrection: 6.0, 4.5, 8.0

Ok so far there have been alot of reviews that say the game rocks!! and other that say the game sucks!! Who to believe!!!

Akai

"Trace Memory: 5.5, 6.5, 6.5

Damn, I was really looking into that one."

Please don't tell me you are basing a game purchase on an EGM review...That's a laugh and a half...

Gribbix

Bumblescum said:
Bah, GoW2 on PS2 seems dissapointing. Seems like the PS2 has already been pushed to the max already. Jaffe and crew needs to abandon the PS2 and go completely to the PS3.

I don't think Jaffe's working on it (at least not as director). He's working on a PSP game with Incognito. The Animation Director of GoW is the Game Director on Sony Santa Monica's next game which I'm assuming is GoW2.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
-Sega creating next gen Crazy Taxi in house (as oppose to getting other developers as mentioned in last month's rumors). On X360/PS3 next year, online mode support

I don't know how online would work, but damn, I want that.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
ok, here's one bit of FF7 PS3 demo, just cause i'm nice

Kitase: If the team decided to make (FFVII) for PS3 with that kind of quality (tech demo), it would take 5 years and a team of 300 people. Characters models would be incredibily detailed, where you can change equipment and clothes and have them carried onto battles, fields and cinema scenes.

Nomura: Kitase said if there's a remake, he would want me to do it. But I have too much shit to do and it would be difficult to squeeze the project in...maybe if the timing is just right...

Nomura: My team has already begun several next-gen projects for multiple consoles.

Wario64 said:

Kitase: If the team decided to make (FFVII) for PS3 with that kind of quality (tech demo), it would take 5 years and a team of 300 people. Characters models would be incredibily detailed, where you can change equipment and clothes and have them carried onto battles, fields and cinema scenes.

Nomura: Kitase said if there's a remake, he would want me to do it. But I have too much shit to do and it would be difficult to squeeze the project in...maybe if the timing is just right...

Nomura: My team has already begun several next-gen projects for multiple consoles.

5 years? That would give a Matsuno production a run for it's money. :D

Makes sense that Kitase would get Nomura to do it, since Kitase is most likely starting pre-production on FFXIII. Several next gen projects? I guess a KH3 is a shoe-in... but else could Nomura be doing that would be MORE important than a FFVII remake? Perhaps Nomura will be helming a Parasite Eve 3 for next gen? *drool*

I guess that kills the hopes of a shock "FFVII REMAKE OFFICIAL!" announcement at TGS this year. :(

Amir0x

Banned
Wario64 said:

Holy shit, that's nuts. Jonnyram was right, then. Development costs would have to be 40 million or more for a project of that magnitude. Not only that, but does that bode well for other Square games of that quality? Certainly a different outlook then the "not even close to what we can achieve on PS3 given more time" comments.

Wario64 said:

NOW IS RIGHT.

Wario64 said:

Oh, Nomura with a comment like that is potentially huge. I really think that is a big news story in the making.

Kingdom Hearts III for multiple platforms? Seems so.

Thanks Wario.

Gribbix said:
I don't think Jaffe's working on it (at least not as director). He's working on a PSP game with Incognito. The Animation Director of GoW is the Game Director on Sony Santa Monica's next game which I'm assuming is GoW2.

Ah yes, I forgot about that. Thanks for the correction. Still, I hope Sony Santa Monica develops GoW2 for the PS3.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Wario64 said:

HAHAHA at too much shit

neptunes

Yeah, just finished reading it.

I guess kitase is working on the next ff, and I'm already interested, even with ff12.

Wario64 said:

they don't need to make it was detailed as the Advent Children models, I'd be satisfied with the in game models looking as good as the RE 4 custcenes models

I'm sure the reason they are making God of War 2 on PS2 is that they can really benefit from the 3+ years and ass load of money put into GoW1.

With the engine and artstyle/story/gameplay system already created, what they create in God of War 2 will take a fraction of the time it took to create similar things in GoW1.

It's a smart business decesion, and from the beginning the producer kept saying their goal for God of War was to create a (and I quote) "a new exciting 'franchise."

Maybe they didn't even break even on GoW1, and GoW2 on PS2 is the actual money maker.

Top Bottom