• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DreamWorks All-Star Kart Racing announced for PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC

Draugoth

Gold Member
DreamWorks-All-Star-Kart-Racing-Announce_07-25-23-320x180.jpg

Publisher GameMill Entertainment and developer Bamtang Games have announced kart racing game DreamWorks All-Star Kart Racing for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC (Steam). It will launch in 2023.

Here is an overview of the game, via GameMill Entertainment:
About
Twenty of the most iconic DreamWorks Animation characters take the wheel in the fast-paced world of kart racing in DreamWorks All-Star Kart Racing! Shift, drift and jump at high speeds across a variety of fantastical tracks inspired by DreamWorks Animation’s many fan-favorite films. Blaze past the competition in fun and hilarious action for players of all ages with solo as well as online and local split-screen multiplayer modes.
Key Features
  • All-Star Racing Roster – Hit the kartway with 20 fan-favorite DreamWorks Animation characters, including Shrek, Po, Tigress, Boss Baby, Puss in Boots, Hiccup, Astrid and many more!
  • 20 Awesome Karts – Each character boasts their own uniquely styled kart to race. Players can put their own twist on each ride with hundreds of customizable parts and accessory combinations.
  • Race Through Iconic Locations – Players will be transported into fantastical worlds as they traverse through tracks inspired by locations from beloved DreamWorks Animation films including: The Kingdom of Far Far Away from Shrek, Bergen town from Trolls, Spirit Realm from Kung Fu Panda, Baby Corp from The Boss Baby, New York City Zoo from Madagascar, and many more!
  • Harness the Power of Magic Paths – Players can hit magical switches on the track to uncover hidden shortcuts. They can extend these magical paths by hitting more switches in series!
  • Trolls Join the Crew – Poppy, Branch, Barb, Cooper and others from the colorful world of DreamWorks Animation’s Trolls are players’ rockin’ hosts for each race, helping out with their power-up potential. Players can collect Trolls to ride along with them throughout each race for special surprises!
  • Compete in a Variety of Game Modes – Players will be able to feel the excitement in Free Race, Cups, Challenge, or Time Trial game modes, and take on family and fr

Saber

Gold Member
Probably no one is on demand for that, but I'm actually interested. Just want to see some gameplay out of it to see if it is fun or not.

Last edited:

acm2000

just release it only on switch and save yourself a lot of money developing all these other versions that will sell 4 copies combined.

Holammer

Isn't that already released? Nope, I'm thinking about Disney Speedstorm.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest this one is going to crash and burn as well.

Wondering if this will be better than that Disney one, I feel like it's looking like it may be.

Well the characters look like the characters and all have unique themed karts, so it's already ahead there. Maybe if it doesn't have six different types of in-game currency it'll be on to something.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
“All Star” lol.

I mean if Nicktoons couldn’t pull anything off, you expect Shrek to?

You hate to see it. Not sure why this was green lighted.

Bridges

Those who are optimistic should not get your hopes up. This is the same publisher and developer that made the Nickelodeon games. It will likely be a reskin with DreamWorks characters, and if those are anything to go by, there will be no voice acting or personality with these characters.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
see shrek…

SOME-

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Sorry but the fact that this is also for PS4 and XBox one makes it seem not serious at all.

Pejo

Well... I've been asking for more kart/arcade racers, so I guess I'll wait and see. At least we're bound to get a bunch of new Shrek memes. The cast doesn't immediately do it for me, but if the game is fun...

Top Bottom