• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma |OT| For the night is dark and full of terrors

Defuser

2 questions:

Can you switch class halfway?

Are we able to change to any weapons instead of weapons for the particular class?

ironcreed

Banned
2 questions:

Can you switch class halfway?

Are we able to change to any weapons instead of weapons for the particular class?

You can switch vocations at any time, for a price. Weapons are class-based, but there are plenty of them to choose from. Upgradable as well.

I'm going to be a Strider, with my main Pawn as a Fighter, and I'll see how difficult it'll be with just the two of us. If it gets to be too much, I'll probably only hire a Mage as a healer.

3 companions seems like too much.

Ninjaholic

Neo Member
This thread along with demo I enjoyed and the promise of getting the RE6 Demo early just made me pre-ordered from amazon and get release day shipping.

But thanks to my Amazon Visa points I got it just for under 25 bucks. Nice! Can't wait till Tuesday!

And if my username didn't make it obvious I will be rolling with the strider and going to the Assassin.

Nice |OT|. I would have filled it with Breath of Fire concept art but thats just me, I'm not bitter or anything...

Anyone who doesn't make Ryu and Nia as their characters is doing it wrong!

sublimit

Banned
No, but an Assassin is a hybrid of a ranger and fighter. So you can go sword and board and daggers and bow. That is the vocation I am going with on my first play through.

Then i'll go for that as well.I don't like to use the bow too much,but i feel better knowing i also have the option for a range tactic.

ironcreed

Banned
Just checked my tracking and I have an estimated delivery date of the 23rd-24th. In my experience, the USPS usually delivers before the tracking estimates. No way is it going to take a week from leaving out of Indiana yesterday evening to get to North, Ga. At least I hope not, as where it left from is only about 8 hours from me. Oh well, maybe it will still get here on time or before.

Grisby

Bam. Can't wait. Day 1. Nice Op. I'm out the door.

Nah, just kiddin'. I love that you went with that title, good choice. Although since I'm finally playing Minecraft right now I feel like it sort of applies to that game as well.

Thanks for the |OT| Mr. Dresden!

So I'm thinking of making my main pawn in the image of Clare from Claymore, anyone read it?

Clare47.jpg

That title is gold.

Can't wait to get this next week, but since my friend at Capcom is sending it to me, I'll have to wait for their slow ass shipping, which is fine.

I enjoyed the demo and then I stopped following things...

Man I hope this lives up to the hype I've built up around it.

Play with a 48% score?? Zowie. Someone was mad that day.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Either here in the OT or in a new thread once the game drops I still say we need to have a GAF: Pawn speed dating thread of showing love ... list you pawn, their job rank and level and ... of course... a vanity shot. Cause my Havlock super pimp assassin only hires the ladies...

abundant

Here's a good tip for anyone planing to solo the game, unlock the Assassin class as soon as possible and purchase the Autonomy augment ASAP. It boosts your Strength, Magic, and Defense (Regular and Magic) when playing without any pawns.

ironcreed

Banned
Either here in the OT or in a new thread once the game drops I still say we need to have a GAF: Pawn speed dating thread of showing love ... list you pawn, their job rank and level and ... of course... a vanity shot. Cause my Havlock super pimp assassin only hires the ladies...

Pawnagraphy confirmed.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Here's a good tip for anyone planing to solo the game, unlock the Assassin class as soon as possible and purchase the Autonomy augment ASAP. It boosts your Strength, Magic, and Defense (Regular and Magic) when playing without any pawns.

... Even your own pawn? or just the hired people?

Skilletor

Great OT, but horrible title. Come on man...a GoT quote? Weak sauce.

Awesome sauce, imo.

Nice OT.

Diablo has made me question whether to wait this one out for a PC version...I guess we'll see how I feel when I walk in to gamestop Tuesday.

Tiktaalik

It's pretty great to see how much of a turn around in opinion this game has recieved. I recall when we saw it at TGS people were trashing it really hard.

I still don't know if I'm going to grab it day one (mostly because I don't have the time for any games at the moment) but I'm definitely going to keep my eye on this game.

ironcreed

Banned
So Pawns can only be Fighter/Ranger/Mage?

I feel that is pretty limiting in terms of customizing what your pawns can do.

Also Warrior, Strider and Sorcerer. Warrior, Sorcerer and Ranger are advanced classes of Fighter, Mage and Strider. All vocations have upper tier abilities that can be purchased, though.

Top Bottom