• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[IGN] Dragon's Dogma 2: Trickster Vocation Breakdown

Draugoth

Gold Member

Dragon's Dogma 2's Trickster is one of the most unique classes ever seen in an open world action RPG. It's a support vocation that fights by literally tricking its foes into careening off ledges, or leaping straight into traps, or by powering up its party of AI controlled pawns. Find out more in our Dragon's Dogma 2 Trickster Vocation Breakdown.

Last edited:

Aion002

That's a really cool and unique class.

Come On Time GIF by Liverpool FC

That is quite possibly the most boring class I have ever seen in an action RPG. A pacifist class in a power fantasy... What the hell were they thinking?

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Such a weird, but interesting vocation. I think the hybrid vocations that are part trickster will be very cool.

ssringo

Looks neat but I wonder what their highest level skills and playstyle will be. Support only is obviously great with other people but here you'll be relying on Pawns and their AI (and learned knowledge) to carry the bulk of the damage in encounters without environments to help out. I'm thinking this game's versions of actual big badass monsters like a Hydra or Ur Dragon. I have faith in Itsuno but I hope it doesn't wind up being a vocation you max to get it's fantastic Augments and then shelf it because it's substantially weaker/slower than everything else.

NT80

Look potentially really interesting and unique. I'd be very curious to see what the full range of abilities are and what the impact of different armaments will be.

Fbh

Definitely one of the more unique classes I've seen in an action RPG as of late.
That said, IMO support classes are only really fun when playing with other people. Playing support for you AI party doesn't sound that fun IMO

And remember this is the vocation with only its basic core skills and early vocation skills. I bet this is only scratching the surface of Trickster.

Plus the IGN guy didn't use the skill that lets you put your decoy inside an enemy so the aggro of all the other enemies go to them, which could be very broken if used against a boss with lot of mobs. There's a lot of possibilities with Trickster since he can basically control the battlefield whatever the way they want.

Top Bottom