• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma II will be releasing on March 22, 2024

Nintendo Switch owning Humans, I'm giving away a copy of Dragon's Dogma. Be the first to quote this and I'll give you a code...don't think this is a free pass to get off my kill list. You are still on there and are being moved up just for the thinking you are safe.

Edit: Code is for NA, sorry Thick Thighs Save Lives Thick Thighs Save Lives
I'm surprised no one has taken you up on this yet. I would take it if I didn't already have the game on PC.

Musilla

Jxe2yrX.gif

Jxe3J7s.gif

Jxe2mBI.gif

Jxe2p1t.gif

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I really cannot wait for this game. So long as it plays as well as the original, this is likely my GOTY 2024.

DD really hit a sweet-spot for me in that it I found it like the perfect recreation of the MMO experience re-formatted for fun single player console gaming.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
I really, really don't get why this is a single player only affair again...

We all remember how the 1st game ran on consoles (especially on PS3) and the concessions that had to be made so I can understand the absence of a co-op mode, but now ? What's the excuse of having again dumb NPC'S following you ?

I don't think that Capcom is thinking (or even afraid) that it could cannibalize sales from Monster hunter, I mean, they're pretty different as games go and yet...
Unless they're thinking of launching a DD Online 2 ? Fuck knows, still, it is weird that this will be SP only.

Last edited:

sendit

The 2080 TI predates the PS5, why the hell are people complaining about this minimum? This is a ancient card.

kiphalfton

I really, really don't get why this is a single player only affair again...

We all remember how the 1st game ran on consoles (especially on PS3) and the concessions that had to be made so I can understand the absence of a co-op mode, but now ? What's the excuse of having again dumb NPC'S following you ?

I don't think that Capcom is thinking (or even afraid) that it could cannibalize sales from Monster hunter, I mean, they're pretty different as games go and yet...
Unless they're thinking of launching a DD Online 2 ? Fuck knows, still, it is weird that this will be SP only.

Cuz fuck multiplayer.

I feel like I'm missing something. The world design looks like the most boring, empty and drab open world possible.

I never played the first one so I may be missing the appeal but at least art direction and world-wise, this looks as generic as it can get to me.

Larxia

Please, no.

Everything I am interested in releases Q1 2024...

Man, thank god it's not February

Q1 going to kill me
I don't mean anything bad but I'm really confused by comments like this. Even if it comes out at the same time as many other games you are interested in, why is it problem? It's not like you have to play everything when it comes out, if anything it means that the game will be cheaper for you to buy by the time you are done with your other games, I don't see what's bad about that.

Partial controller support on steam? Why?
This doesn't really mean anything, steam says that about many games that are fully playable with a controller just like on console. Sometimes it can be just because of a graphic setting launcher before the game starts for example, where you have to use the mouse.

Larxia

The 2080 TI predates the PS5, why the hell are people complaining about this minimum? This is a ancient card.
Because GPUs now cost 1500€. It's not that hard to figure out why gpu complaints are more common these days than before.
Also it depends on what the game offers. This game doesn't look particularly great visually, so sometimes the reactions can be related to that.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I don't mean anything bad but I'm really confused by comments like this. Even if it comes out at the same time as many other games you are interested in, why is it problem? It's not like you have to play everything when it comes out, if anything it means that the game will be cheaper for you to buy by the time you are done with your other games, I don't see what's bad about that.
There are many people like me who buy games we love day one.....it might strange to some but it just how I am and there many games coming on Feb that are close to each other and not only that, almost all the games coming out on Feb are big JRPG that takes time to beat.

Larxia

There are many people like me who buy games we love day one.....it might strange to some but it just how I am and there many games coming on Feb that are close to each other and not only that, almost all the games coming out on Feb are big JRPG that takes time to beat.
Is the reason you want to buy them day one out of support, or just a hype thing?
And even if you do buy them day one, nothing forces you to play them day one, so it's not a problem if they take time to beat.

I don't know, I just don't really understand why it's a problem, but I often play games that are several years old so I guess I just see things differently, I don't see why there should be a rush. Play things at your own pace, enjoy them, don't feel forced to rush everything when it's out just for the sake of being in the hype.

YukiOnna

I don't speak for anyone else, but I do get a bit of launch hype fever for titles I'm looking forward to, so it's more a positive comment since it doesn't come around often where I have so much to play and think about what to play first. Also, I'd not tell someone in my circle "Don't share your excitement as you play!" but that's just me. It's not necessarily problem!

Danjin44

Is the reason you want to buy them day one out of support, or just a hype thing?
And even if you do buy them day one, nothing forces you to play them day one, so it's not a problem if they take time to beat.

I don't know, I just don't really understand why it's a problem, but I often play games that are several years old so I guess I just see things differently, I don't see why there should be a rush. Play things at your own pace, enjoy them, don't feel forced to rush everything when it's out just for the sake of being in the hype.
Its both support and some of the games I buy comes with stealbook that you cant buy it later on.......Also I'm buying both P3 Reload and GB Relink day one which almost come out same day, so I'm trying decide which one I should start playing first and play other one later on.....I might go with GB Relink first.

FFVII Rebirth also come out in Feb 29, which I'm hoping I can finish one of them before that game comes out.......ALSO I'm hoping the rumores about Elden Ring DLC comes out on Feb is not true......they cant do that to me....thats just cruel.

sendit

Because GPUs now cost 1500€. It's not that hard to figure out why gpu complaints are more common these days than before.
Also it depends on what the game offers. This game doesn't look particularly great visually, so sometimes the reactions can be related to that.

Violin Player GIF

sendit

Do you know how to argument rather than just posting gifs?
Whats there to argue? GPU prices are high, they aren't coming down. Price is also relative to your income. So, maybe do something about it?

Last edited:

Larxia

Whats there to argue? GPU prices are high, they aren't coming down. Do something about it?
And what's hard to understand about it being harder for people to meet gpu requirements then? You asked why some people might complain, I give you an answer, that's it.

GPUs are too expensive -> People keep their older gpu longer -> A new game comes out with dated visuals -> people except the requirements to not be too high -> requirements are high -> People are disappointed. There you go.

sendit

And what's hard to understand about it being harder for people to meet gpu requirements then? You asked why some people might complain, I give you an answer, that's it.

GPUs are too expensive -> People keep their older gpu longer -> A new game comes out with dated visuals -> people except the requirements to not be too high -> requirements are high -> People are disappointed. There you go.

Cry me a river, get a Xbox Series S. It's 300 dollars, it's the same game on that platform with lesser visual fidelity.

Last edited:

Larxia

Cry me a river, get a Xbox Series S. It's 300 dollars, it's the same game on that platform with lesser visual fidelity.
But then you're going into a totally different subject with consoles, we were talking about PC, your original complaint was about people on PC, makes no sense to go into console territory discussion.

I don't understand why you are so aggressive about this.

sendit

But then you're going into a totally different subject with consoles, we were talking about PC, your original complaint was about people on PC, makes no sense to go into console territory discussion.

I don't understand why you are so aggressive about this.
PC gaming (hardware) has always been expensive, relative to consoles. Whats new? If your income doesn't support PC gaming, doesn't it make sense for someone to traverse in to console territory?

Last edited:

Larxia

PC gaming (hardware) has always been expensive, relative to consoles. Whats new? If your income doesn't support PC gaming, doesn't it make sense for someone to traverse in to console territory?
PC gaming was far less expensive just a few years ago. Most parts are still okay, GPUs are weird.

And no, it wouldn't make sense for someone to go into console, because by saying this you except that people own a pc only to play games, and only with a controller. People might prefer PC for many other reasons.

Why do you defend gpu prices?

Last edited:

sendit

PC gaming was far less expensive just a few years ago. Most parts are still okay, GPUs are weird.

And no, it wouldn't make sense for someone to go into console, because by saying this you except that people own a pc only to play games, and only with a controller. People might prefer PC for many other reasons.

Why do you defend gpu prices?
Far less expensive? A few years ago i had a 3090 which retailed for at release ~1500 USD. I now have a 4090 which has an average retail price of ~1599 USD. I'm not sure how you got far less expensive. Additionally, I'm not defending GPU prices. They're what they're, and they aren't coming down (a business is not a charity). If you're priced out of playing games on the PC, that's unfortunate for you. And if you're a healthy individual that is capable of working and learning, you only have yourself to blame.

Also, how did you come to a conclusion that gaming on a console means abandoning other use cases for having a PC?

Last edited:

Larxia

Far less expensive? A few years ago i had a 3090 which retailed for at release ~1500 USD. I now have a 4090 which has an average retail price of ~1599 USD. I'm not sure how you got far less expensive. Additionally, I'm not defending GPU prices. They're what they're, and they aren't coming down (a business is not a charity). If you're priced out of playing games on the PC, that's unfortunate for you. And if you're a healthy individual that is capable of working and learning, you only have yourself to blame.

Also, how did you come to a conclusion that gaming on a console means abandoning other use cases for having a PC?
The 3000 generation already had absurd prices though.
If you go back to the 1000 or 2000, you could find 80s gpu for around 500-600€.

For the rest of what you're saying, again I'm not sure what to say, GPUs were a business before too, and they weren't like this. The "only have yourself to blame" part is extremely weird to me. Even if you have enough money to buy it, it doesn't mean that you should be okay with an absurd price, because then where does it stop?

I don't know, you have a very elitist view on the whole subject that I just don't align with, and I think PC gaming will start to be less and less popular if it keep going like the way you see it.

Also I'd like to add that I didn't even complain myself about Dragon's Dogma 2 requirements, I was just explaining why people might complain since you asked. A game like RDR2 can run at 60 fps on a 1080 gpu, so of course people can find it weird to see dragon's dogma 2 having higher requirements, there's nothing surprising about that.

e0n

Nintendo Switch owning Humans, I'm giving away a copy of Dragon's Dogma. Be the first to quote this and I'll give you a code...don't think this is a free pass to get off my kill list. You are still on there and are being moved up just for the thinking you are safe.

Edit: Code is for NA, sorry Thick Thighs Save Lives Thick Thighs Save Lives
I have an NA switch, if you still have the code. Probably won't be able to run the sequel well, but I've been following this game.

Labadal

This doesn't really mean anything, steam says that about many games that are fully playable with a controller just like on console. Sometimes it can be just because of a graphic setting launcher before the game starts for example, where you have to use the mouse.
It's more of a joke. I won't be getting everything day 1.

Danjin44

Yes and no. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I'm going with Unicorn Overlord, Apollo Justice Trilogy, and Infinite Wealth as my main games in Q1. I have Eiyuden Chronicle backd on KS, so that's April booked. Metaphor Rephantazio is likely day one. The rest, I will buy at a cheaper price.
I'm getting...
71g2Jy1B8IL.jpg
granblue-fantasy-relink-755721.1.jpg
persona-3-reload-758179.12_1024x1024.webp
6SEwcgJ.png
81ra5Ts25yL._AC_SX569_.jpg
metaphor-refantazio-ps5.jpg
87QCBnT.png
3max.jpg
dcm2n4b-e3c152a8-8056-4f71-9899-d6fc141a4676.png

And Elden Ring DLC if it comes out in Feb or March.
eldenringdlc-ign-1677617106615.jpg

Apollo Justice Trilogy can wait because it doesn't come with physical copy.

Last edited:

Labadal

I'm getting...
71g2Jy1B8IL.jpg
granblue-fantasy-relink-755721.1.jpg
persona-3-reload-758179.12_1024x1024.webp
6SEwcgJ.png
81ra5Ts25yL._AC_SX569_.jpg
metaphor-refantazio-ps5.jpg
87QCBnT.png
3max.jpg
dcm2n4b-e3c152a8-8056-4f71-9899-d6fc141a4676.png

And Elden Ring DLC if it comes out in Feb or March.
eldenringdlc-ign-1677617106615.jpg

Apollo Justice Trilogy can wait because it doesn't come with physical copy.
Nice list. Decapolice, Trails of Daybreak, Dragon's Dogma 2, and Rise of the Ronin are also games I will get, but not day 1.

However, I did forget SaGa: Emerald Beyond, which is day 1.

2024 will be Japanese game fest.

Danjin44

Nice list. Decapolice, Trails of Daybreak, Dragon's Dogma 2, and Rise of the Ronin are also games I will get, but not day 1.

However, I did forget SaGa: Emerald Beyond, which is day 1.

2024 will be Japanese game fest.
I'm interested in Dragon's Dogma 2 but I never played the first game and I want to play that first but where do I get time to play it when so many games coming out.

Last edited:
The 3000 generation already had absurd prices though.
If you go back to the 1000 or 2000, you could find 80s gpu for around 500-600€.

For the rest of what you're saying, again I'm not sure what to say, GPUs were a business before too, and they weren't like this. The "only have yourself to blame" part is extremely weird to me. Even if you have enough money to buy it, it doesn't mean that you should be okay with an absurd price, because then where does it stop?

I don't know, you have a very elitist view on the whole subject that I just don't align with, and I think PC gaming will start to be less and less popular if it keep going like the way you see it.

Also I'd like to add that I didn't even complain myself about Dragon's Dogma 2 requirements, I was just explaining why people might complain since you asked. A game like RDR2 can run at 60 fps on a 1080 gpu, so of course people can find it weird to see dragon's dogma 2 having higher requirements, there's nothing surprising about that.
The performance stagnation is also a problem, at least on the lower tier gpus.
Gpus are just a shitshow now and the only thing worth buying is the high end.

Top Bottom