• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma II will be releasing on March 22, 2024

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
200w.gif

Crayon

Feels crazy to say this is only my third most anticipated. Maybe second, idk. Anyway it feels like it should be the most but games have been just that good.

Reactions: Isa

FeralEcho

Then that's when GOTY 2024 is releasing....for me at least.I can not wait for this.

The only thing better for me would be Lies of P 2 or Bloodborne 2 or a Demon's Souls style remake of it.

GymWolf

These are the games I'm looking forward to rent/buy/gamepass etc just in Q1.

Alone in the Dark reboot
Prince of Persia: Lost Crown
Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth
Tekken 8
Persona 3 Reloaded
Suicide Squad (pending reviews)
Helldivers 2 (pending reviews)
FFVII: Rebirth

And maybe another game or two will get release date announcements at TGA.

pretty stacked for 3 months.
What comes out in december?

Bkdk

The showcase is not promising for this, will definitely wait for critic and user reviews to see if it's worth it.

Pejo

Capcom's first $70 game.

Pre order advantages, DLC currency, $70 price tag.

Capcom has finally arrived in current gen I guess. It's not gonna kill the hype for me for this game in particular, but it does 'taint' it just a bit.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Pre order advantages, DLC currency, $70 price tag.

Capcom has finally arrived in current gen I guess. It's not gonna kill the hype for me for this game in particular, but it does 'taint' it just a bit.

The rift crystals thing was also prevalent for the first games pre orders as well. That part is not new at least.

Draugoth

Gold Member
During today’s Dragon’s Dogma 2 Showcase 2023, the release date of Dragon’s Dogma 2 was finally revealed to be March 22, 2024. The digital event featured the latest trailer, along with a variety of new game details.

Check out a breakdown of all the news and reveals from the showcase below.

Dragon’s Dogma 2 is a narrative-driven action-RPG game set in a fantasy world. Players can experience a variety of actions, and the Pawn system allows players to feel as if accompanied through this single-player game. Enjoy a unique adventure set in a world woven by exquisite graphics, artificial intelligence (AI) and physics technology.

The world of Dragon’s Dogma 2​

Dragon’s Dogma 2 is set in an immersive fantasy world. The Dragon, feared as a threat that brings misfortune, takes the player’s heart. This sets the journey for the player to slay the Dragon as the Arisen. The human kingdom of Vermund and the beastren nation of Battahl thrive in this world and each have their own culture, customs, beliefs, and their respective motivations.

Vermund, the human kingdom. The Arisen rules as king.

The Queen Regent Disa of Vermund. She plots to have her son take the throne.

Battahl is a nation covered in a harsh natural environment, and is defined by beastrens’ own unique culture.

With empress Nadinia at its center, the Lambent Flame is worshiped in Battahl to ward off calamity.

In addition to humans and beastrens, the elves also inhabit this land though they avoid contact with other races.

Sacred Arbor, the elf settlement. They communicate in their own Elvish language.

Glyndwr, a young elf. He is fluent in human language, making him rare among his race.

The world of Dragon’s Dogma 2 has inhabitants of various races, each with their own agendas and motivations. How to interact with them is entirely up to the player.

Some characters might approach you for assistance, and it is up to you to accept or decline their requests.

New monster: Talos​

There are a variety of monsters that inhabit the world of Dragon’s Dogma 2. Let us introduce the bronze giant Talos, new in Dragon’s Dogma 2.

The enormous Talos.

A man-made creature that brings chaos to the lands. How can its advance be stopped?

As they seem to come straight from mythology and lore, the monsters are sure to inspire you to embark on this adventure!

New vocation: Trickster​

In Dragon’s Dogma 2, you will have multiple vocations at your disposal such as Mage, Archer and Fighter among others, essential when adventuring in a fantasy world. In today’s showcase, we announced a unique vocation, the Trickster. Exclusive to the Arisen, the Trickster vocation wields a special weapon called the Censer to create smoke and conjure various illusions to confuse enemies into fighting against themselves, for example. The Trickster can also increase the party’s power for a limited time, making it a perfect vocation for players who prefer to play a support role.

The trickster provides a unique experience, wielding their wits from a supporting role.

Deceive your enemy by using an illusion of yourself as a decoy.

Temporarily increase the power of your Pawns beyond their limits.

Create your character as a beastren​

You can create your character (the Arisen) and the main Pawn that serves the Arisen.

The game uses photogrammetry technology for more realistic character creation.

Players can create their character intuitively and with ease, or thoroughly down to the last detail.

Photogrammetry allows for realistic characters, and they can have pointed ears like those of an elf.

You can create your character human or beastren.

Select an image that is closest to what you want multiple times.

Pre-orders start today​

Dragon’s Dogma 2 will arrive on March 22, 2024. Pre-orders are available now.

The game will be available in both physical and digital versions. The digital exclusive Deluxe Edition is bundled with the “A Boon for Adventurers – New Journey Pack” DLC. Each version has pre-order exclusive bonuses!

Message from the game’s director​

Finally, a message from Hideaki Itsuno, the director of Dragon’s Dogma 2.

Dragon’s Dogma is a game that I dreamed of playing as a boy who loved TRPG-based games and action games, and I have a special attachment to it. Dragon’s Dogma 2 incorporates ideas that were not technically feasible at the time we created the first game. I believe this game will let you experience the fantasy world you’ve always dreamed of, a fantasy world action simulator game, and ultimately be the ultimate Dragon’s Dogma.

The entire team is working hard on the final touches of the game. Whether you’ve played the first game or not, we hope you’ll enjoy your adventure in this open fantasy world.
– Dragon’s Dogma 2 Director Hideaki Itsuno

SkylineRKR

DD was too ambitious for the PS3 and 360 but on PS4 I played it a fuckton.

I can't wait. DD is fucking greatness. Magic feels absolutely great to cast, and melee and ranged are fun as well.

I don't need much improvements actually, perhaps inventory management, more seamless open world and better story delivery. If they do that its an insta winner.

bender

What time is it?
Nintendo Switch owning Humans, I'm giving away a copy of Dragon's Dogma. Be the first to quote this and I'll give you a code...don't think this is a free pass to get off my kill list. You are still on there and are being moved up just for the thinking you are safe.

Edit: Code is for NA, sorry Thick Thighs Save Lives Thick Thighs Save Lives

Last edited:
Nintendo Switch owning Humans, I'm giving away a copy of Dragon's Dogma. Be the first to quote this and I'll give you a code...don't think this is a free pass to get off my kill list. You are still on there and are being moved up just for the thinking you are safe.
Imma take it if it's an EU code. If not give it to the next one.

Edit: No worries! :D

Last edited:

Pejo

Edit: Code is for NA, sorry Thick Thighs Save Lives Thick Thighs Save Lives
I have Steam version and a Deck, but this is cool of you. Hope somebody that hasn't had a chance to try it yet gets it.

One of us. One of us.

Well, darn it! I've updated the OP with edited trailers that include all the important highlights from today's showcase. I've also swapped out the release trailer with a higher quality (4k) version. Enjoy~

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
One was a weirdly good bad game. Mostly bad though. But this one looks amazing. Right after rebirth too

Stafford

Visually at times really nice, other times not so much. This is RE Engine right? How come many of the characters just don't look that great? Also..

The footage during the showcase itself was clearly higher than 30fps, but the post show footage which I briefly watched is clearly more like 30fps. I do hope we get options for this on consoles.

Pejo

Visually at times really nice, other times not so much. This is RE Engine right? How come many of the characters just don't look that great? Also..

The footage during the showcase itself was clearly higher than 30fps, but the post show footage which I briefly watched is clearly more like 30fps. I do hope we get options for this on consoles.
For better or worse, the game has a LOT of hitstop during combat (momentary pauses when attacks connect). It fucks with perception of FPS but it does add a certain "weight" to combat. It looks like they kept it the same for the sequel, so that could be skewing the FPS feel.

Top Bottom