• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age shipments and digital sales top 5.5 million

Belmonte

Nov 6, 2018
Are these good sales numbers for its budget? I always got disappointed with the west when I remember DQ don't sell here. Such a great series. DQIX deserved a lot more sales than it got.

Didn't play DQXI yet though. But for a good reason! I decided to complete the Erdrick/Loto games before jumping into DQXI. I'm playing DQII right now.

Azurro

Jun 11, 2018
Main Character was a bore though.

I loved the game, very simple and a nice throwback to those SNES and PSOne RPGs of the time. But yeah, the main character was incredibly boring. :p

Last edited:

SantaC

Jun 11, 2004
I loved the game, very simple and a nice throwback to those SNES and PSOne RPGs of the time. But yeah, the main character was incredibly boring. :p
Blank empty stares. Thats what you get with silent protagonists

NahaNago

Aug 29, 2014
I need to go back and finish this game. I'm half way through this, ff7, and that world of final fantasy. I tend to lose interest half way through these newer square games.

Skelterz

Jun 10, 2020
Can we get dragon quest X localised and published in the west for Switch the fact it’s locked away like a prisoner in Japan is utterly criminal!