• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest III in HD-2D development “progressing quite steadily,” says Yuji Horii

Draugoth

Gold Member
DQ3-HD-2D_09-18-23-1024x576.jpg

Development on the May 2021-announced Dragon Quest III in HD-2D (title temporary) is “progressing quite steadily,” Dragon Quest series creator Yuji Horii told Famitsu during an interview at World Cosplay Summit 2023 in Nagoya in early August.

As for Dragon Quest XII: The Flames of Fate, which was also announced in May 2021, Horii was not able to provide an update. “There’s still not much I can say,” he said.

Here is the full excerpt:

—What’s your involvement in the development of Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince, Mr. Horii?
Yuji Horii:
“I’m involved in playtesting, checking, and so on. However, I thoroughly supervised and made revisions early on. The start of development is crucial, after all.”
—Is your involvement in Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince similar to your involvement in the Dragon Quest III in HD-2D and Dragon Quest XII: The Flames of Fate?
Horii:
“It’s roughly the same. Well, when it comes to Dragon Quest III, I already created that game once before myself and know a lot about it, so I’ll give advice along the lines of, ‘If you want to change this, you should do it this way.'”
—What is the development status of Dragon Quest III in HD-2D and Dragon Quest XII: The Flames of Fate?
Horii:
Dragon Quest III in HD-2D is progressing quite steadily. As for Dragon Quest XII, there’s still not much I can say.”
—All three titles, including Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince, are quite heavily anticipated by fans of the series.
Horii:
“We’re working on a variety of things, so I hope everyone can continue to look forward to them.”

Top Bottom