• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom Eternal PS4 to PS5 upgrade how does it work?

Hi GAF

So I own a PS5 and I notice there’s no physical version of Doom Eternal for PS5 but I’m reading confusing accounts of PS4 physical editions and free PS5 upgrades. How’s does this work? If I purchase a physical edition of Doom Eternal on PS4 (new or used) I’ll be able to download the PS5 native version for free? Is that it?

OZ9000

Banned
Hi GAF

So I own a PS5 and I notice there’s no physical version of Doom Eternal for PS5 but I’m reading confusing accounts of PS4 physical editions and free PS5 upgrades. How’s does this work? If I purchase a physical edition of Doom Eternal on PS4 (new or used) I’ll be able to download the PS5 native version for free? Is that it?
Yes but you will lose all your save data

Beechos

If its anything like other games ive tried make sure you choose the ps5 version to install/play. Highlight the game icon press options and theres a choose your version the ps4 or ps5 to play. Hope it doesnt make you install and keep both version like some games have for me.

tygertrip

Good God man. Listen, I LOVE my PS5... but playing an id Software game on anything but a mouse/kb is like comparing masturbation to sex. Wait... does the PS5 version support mouse/kb? Fuck it, Sony needs to make a mouse/kb with dualsense haptics and adaptive analog mouse buttons. That would be the fucking ultimate.

Kuranghi

I'm wondering if I should rebuy this on PS4 for another run through or just play on Pay say :pie_thinking: its just wasting money since its 4K60 on both isn't it? Or does Doom 2016 have RT on PS5?

Last edited:

Skifi28

I'm wondering if I should rebuy this on PS4 for another run through or just play on Pay say :pie_thinking: its just wasting money since its 4K60 on both isn't it? Or does Doom 2016 have RT on PS5?
Not sure I fully understood the question, but I don't think Doom 2016 has RT on any platform. It's also not 4k on any PS console, more like 1440p or so. But it does play quite well and looks very decent.

Kuranghi

Not sure I fully understood the question, but I don't think Doom 2016 has RT on any platform. It's also not 4k on any PS console, more like 1440p or so. But it does play quite well and looks very decent.

I think its Doom Eternal I'm thinking of, its native 4K60 on PS5 I think, but I just started on PC again anyway so all good.

Good God man. Listen, I LOVE my PS5... but playing an id Software game on anything but a mouse/kb is like comparing masturbation to sex. Wait... does the PS5 version support mouse/kb? Fuck it, Sony needs to make a mouse/kb with dualsense haptics and adaptive analog mouse buttons. That would be the fucking ultimate.

And DE is really difficult even on Normal on a controller. I'm usually a stickler for Normal but there's one boss in the base game where I even used the Sentintel armor because staying alive while trying to complete what they want done is way too much to ask without KB&M.

Not to mention the BS that is the final boss of the second DLC.

Top Bottom