• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Opinion Doom Eternal is exhausting to play

GriffinCorp

Aug 5, 2013
Eternal wasn't great for me, so stressful that it wasn't even fun. Doom 2016 is king, loved the story and the graphics were excellent. I still play it often but I haven't touched Doom Eternal after about two/three weeks from launch.

Reactions: zcaa0g
Jan 29, 2019
Just the ammo situation killed it for me, doom is supposed to be visceral, if I need to worry about my ammo all the time in the middle of combat the game is ruined for me... Like it's a garbage level game.

So I looked around for infinite ammo codes and I found that I needed to play longer to get them... I just uninstalled the game (mind you I didn't do it because I died a lot, I just was not enjoying my time with it).

Last edited:

zcaa0g

Sep 3, 2018
Besides the Mario BS, I didn't like how the action was overly non-stop where you could never truly admire the architecture of the maps. DOOM 2016 is the modern day version of the original DOOM. DOOM Eternal is "Mario Goes to Hell".

manfestival

Nov 12, 2009
Doom Eternal has a bunch of really cool places that I feel I can briefly enjoy because I literally feel swarmed and spooked by all of the enemies. ESPECIALLY the DLC. Holy cow I started it the other day and it really needs to be completed in short stints because every section of a level is a ton of stress with every possible baddie including that douchebag the Marauder