• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Don't be a Sony Pony brah" someone actually told me that irl. ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimawolf

So I went to Gamestop yesterday evening, thinking of getting a used PS4 since I really wanted to play Infamous 2nd son and that DLC coming out but don't want to really pay full price for the console. Well I walk into the store and one of the employees, this female who looked pretty normal, not nerdy or anything. Well she looks up and says "what's up man, what can I do for ya?"

So I'm like "Well I want a used PS4, you got any in stock?" She says "Well let me check..." And goes off to the back room of the store. Well the guy who was working there with her turns to me and is like:

"Brah, a PS4? really? You need that Xbox one man, it's killer! Have you played Titanfall yet?"

I am like "Well yeah I own it on PC."

He looks to me and shakes his head and is like "Nah dude, best way to play it is with a controller, the xbox controllers are sweet!"

So I look at him a moment and shake my head this time. "I like playing on my PC, and I don't want a Xbox, but thanks anyway."

He then looks around like he has some big secret to tell me, leans in and says "Don't be a Sony Pony Brah... get with the Green machine." then when she comes back out he goes back to fake straightening up games. Well she comes back and says "We don't have any used PS4s, and most likely none of our other stores do not have any either, but we do have one used Xbox one!" I told her no thank you, and look back to the dude who smirks, then I walk out the store.

I tell you GAF, no one has ever called me a "Sony Pony" before. What is a Sony Pony, and how is that even an insult?! Help me understand GAF.

Fliesen

I think he just used "Sony Pony" because he's a total stoner who likes things that rhyme? (see: "green machine")

Apparently, this is a Sony Pony.
Sony_pony.jpg

Nibel

He then looks around like he has some big secret to tell me, leans in and says "Don't be a Sony Pony Brah... get with the Green machine." then when she comes back out he goes back to fake straightening up games.

For some reason, I've read this sentence with Jeff Gerstmann's voice in mind

BokehKing

Banned
Ponies run in stables and our system is stable.

Friend of mine at best buy gets told by his managers to push x1 over ps4 because they have a lot in stock

Don't think the game stop guy was fanboying you, seems to be a basic retail practice

sjay1994

I can't believe this is real.

Then again, the ebgames I go to are run by my friends from high school, so its always a friendly place and we can talk about games for hours.

RP912

Banned
I get cold stares from gamestop reps when I buy steam cards....so I can feel your pain OP to a certain degree.

This sounds incredibly exaggerated. Why do you sound like a normal person and this guy is using terms like "brah"...twice? I don't buy it. If you would have told this story with a little less bias, you may have been able to make some kind of point.

I am not surprised at "Gamestop hires an Idiot" thread popping up. I have had it happen plenty where the clerks force their opinion on you. I remember one time a clerk could not fathom why I did not want an Xbox One. It is much like religion in a way.

Keyouta

Would you rather be an Xbot or a Nintoddler?

Anyway, that's weird that someone would actually use these words in real life, never heard of anyone doing that before this.

rSpooky

I am not sure what to say, I own all of last gen and only thing missing this round is xone at this point. But yeah I always loved Playstation, even if they did kill my beloved Sega ;) does this mean I am also a Sony pony? and if so does this mean i get a t-shirt? I like a nice t-shirt...

or license plate..SnyPwny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom