• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you think you could have beaten Elon Musk in Quake?

havoc00

Billionaire and omnipresent main character Elon Musk has declared he was once one of the best Quake players in the world, to the tune of winning money for his skills. This obviously sounds like the kind of thing your mate would say after their third pint, but the revelation came during an interview with podcaster Lex Fridman during which Musk was expansive on his wider gaming habits, and particularly his Diablo 4 druid's inability to beat Lilith.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
steve buscemi youth GIF

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
*An earnest looking gay black man bursts into Lara's study*

EGBM: Girl, I'm sorry, but I just got news from one of our insiders about a militant group coming to take the holy relic that's said to spread The Message to every person on Earth before we can find it!

Lara: I've read about them in my bigot father's male-oriented journals, right by all rubbish ideas he spent his life failing to achieve!

EGBM: You don't mean....Surely not the group of armed fanatics robbing Graves of historical and cultural relevance?

Lara: Yes, it's the Whyt-Men. If this relic gets into their hands, a hole will split the universe in two!

*hip-hop Remix of Stevie Wonder music hits the drop*

Edit: posted in wrong thread, but I'm leaving it.

Last edited:

Hudo

Quake 1? I don't know.
Quake 2? Probably.
Quake 3? Definitely.

Quake 4 is only "worth it" for the singleplayer, which is mid as fuck. Quake Live and Quake Champions are garbage.

Akuji

Thresh said he played on the same server as musk and said he was good. If you know who Thresh is, you know he aint shitting around. For a long time THE best Quake player on the planet. Invented the WASD.
So , nah i dont think i wouldve stood a chance.

November 1999, he says he plays alot with the CEO of Zip2, thats Elon Musk. If Musk would suck he would not play alot with him. Hes the single best player at that time.

Last edited:

Melon Husk

Fo sho
Yes.

He's the only rich asshole who was smart enough to get one (and what's more, even more smart to not fuck it up like say Sylvester Stallone did).
The Neuralink implanter is basically a hair plug machine. It puts hairs in your brain, instead of your scalp.

Last edited:

twilo99

Quake 1? I don't know.
Quake 2? Probably.
Quake 3? Definitely.

Quake 4 is only "worth it" for the singleplayer, which is mid as fuck. Quake Live and Quake Champions are garbage.

Same.

Q4 had a decent competitive scene, but it was never as good as Q2/3

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
The actual best Quake player ever says Musk 'wasn't very good, but he's still an OG'
So he's not exactly lying, just not the best
but he must of been good enough to play with the actual best Quake player.

Last edited:
Thresh said he played on the same server as musk and said he was good. If you know who Thresh is, you know he aint shitting around. For a long time THE best Quake player on the planet. Invented the WASD.

November 1999, he says he plays alot with the CEO of Zip2, thats Elon Musk. If Musk would suck he would not play alot with him. Hes the single best player at that time.

Makes everyone in here calling him a liar look... bad.

Majormaxxx

He couldn't afford a hair transplant. That's an expensive procedure only Pesident Biden can afford!
Speaking of the president's procedures - they overdid his face lift. Looks almost Chinese. Though I have to admit the hair work is excellent. Looks better than when he was younger, considering age of course. Good stuff.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
No, probably not.

Now UT is a different story. Let’s go, 1v1 on Facing Worlds.

Best post in the thread

Top Bottom