• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney is selling a $5,000 drink on their newest cruise ship

ManaByte

Gold Member

Disney launched their newest cruise ship yesterday, the Wish, and there's a Hyperspace Lounge that's themed after Star Wars. It's selling a $5,000 drink.

35fea_disney_illo_w.jpg

ManaByte

Gold Member
there are many bottles of vintage drinks that go for more than that, what am I missing about this that is special?

The menu doesn't say what's in it.

Camtono aside, that’s still a mystery—as are the ingredients in the drink, dubbed “the Kaiburr Crystal,” which, again, goes for $5,000 and can only be ordered if you already happen to be sailing aboard the Wish.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I don't drink....so I can't get tricked.
It’s not just booze on some even soft drinks cost money, excursions cost money, gratuity for the staff is not included (and if you don’t hook up your servers and porters you’re a dick they bust their asses), the higher tier dinners cost money…

Nothing I’m not aware of going in, but the advertised prices are a joke. Double or triple them to know what you’ll really spend. It’s still a good time.

DKehoe

I’ve seen a bunch of talk about it but has what’s actually in it been confirmed?

Also do you get to keep the container?

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
drinks. there is 3 little cups there. i don't know if that's another bigger cup in there? so it works out at about $1,250-1,666 per drink.

still completely ridiculous though! some people have more money than brains.

Last edited:
If you can keep the container, sure I guess? I'm not spending that kind of paper money either way but that thing is pretty cool. If it's just $5000 for high-end liquor, that stuff is wasted on a peasant like myself.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Well, that drinks #1 job is done...getting people talking about a Star Wars bar on a cruise ship.

Now, job #2 is actually selling one once the instatiktokagrammers stop showing up to vlog about it.

They had a 4 drink "Tatooine sand worm horn" set for like $90 you could get at the cantina at Galaxy's Edge. They weren't pushing it though so I wasn't tempted to get it, plus that stuff is always cheap plastic trash.

I'm wondering what straight alcohol would be worth that much as 3 shots. I've gotten Pappy for far less. Even very old scotch shouldn't sell for that as a dram. Probably some cognac for sure. All things should definitely shouldn't be slamming like a shot of cheap well liquor with "the bros".

Now if it were served up on the belly of a fit chick made up like a Twi'lek or Togruta, even better if "in universe" it was supposed to be Hera or Ahsoka (could get dicey with that one for sure), well, Bravo Disney for milking that IP :p

ManaByte

Gold Member
They had a 4 drink "Tatooine sand worm horn" set for like $90 you could get at the cantina at Galaxy's Edge. They weren't pushing it though so I wasn't tempted to get it, plus that stuff is always cheap plastic trash.
That's the Rancor Tooth Beer Flight for $85. They go for A LOT more than that on eBay now, I've seen one sell for $250.
ogas-cantina-galaxys-edge-drink-spread-all-the-drinks-566x600.jpg

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Aren't cruises supposed to be all inclusive.....

Went on a P&O cruise this year.

Most of the meals are free, including a lot of the restaurants. There are some paid restaurants that cost extra, but the food was so damn good in the included restaurants that we didn't see the point.

Drinks on the other hand are not included, unless you want tap water. You can buy a drinks pass that gives you soft drinks and alcoholic drinks, but that's £40 per day! Soft drink only was around £20 per day IIRC. All adds up.

And god help you if you need medical treatment. It's private health care prices. I was backed up for the first few days from all the rich food. I almost went to the medical centre to get something to unclog my bowels, but seeing the price was enough to get my bowel movements going.

It’s not just booze on some even soft drinks cost money, excursions cost money, gratuity for the staff is not included (and if you don’t hook up your servers and porters you’re a dick they bust their asses), the higher tier dinners cost money…

Nothing I’m not aware of going in, but the advertised prices are a joke. Double or triple them to know what you’ll really spend. It’s still a good time.
You're a dick for not tipping but Disney can sell a 5000 dollar drink and then not pay their servers enough.

For the record I do tip if they're nice but I rarely go out to eat because tipping is just stupid.

America..

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
That's the Rancor Tooth Beer Flight for $85. They go for A LOT more than that on eBay now, I've seen one sell for $250.
ogas-cantina-galaxys-edge-drink-spread-all-the-drinks-566x600.jpg
See, in that pic it looks pretty cool. But I bet the reality is that it's a flimsy piece of junk. Though if I thought I could have fit it in my luggage I'd probably still have bought it :p

THey had some other cool stuff there, like the chess set and some other game.

Top Bottom