• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dirt 5 Xbox Series S/X 120fps mode low polygon bug fixed in new update

Leyasu

Banned
Where I have said that? I simply explained to you how thing work but nope you are just solely interested in console war.
?? That is exactly what you are implying. SO answer the question.

Because if they had had to cut corners and optimise the game to hell and back for it to run the higher detail models, then following what you and clowns like ethomaz ethomaz are trying to say, they would have had to drop the 120hz mode entirely. The game was already having trouble running xbox 360 car models @ 120hz, so following your line of thinking, 120 hz would be absolutely impossible.

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
?? That is exactly what you are implying. SO answer the question.

Because if they had had to cut corners and optimise the game to hell and back for it to run the higher detail models, then following what you and clowns like ethomaz ethomaz are trying to say, they would have had to drop the 120hz mode entirely. The game was already having trouble running xbox 360 car models @ 120hz, so following your line of thinking, 120 hz would be absolutely impossible.
No it's not what I'm implying. And the clown it's you because you barely get it of what I'm talking about and the xbox 360 car models comment shows how childish you are because no one has ever substained the lower poly car was a performance issue

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
No it's not what I'm implying. And the clown it's you because you barely get it of what I'm talking about and the xbox 360 car models comment shows how childish you are because no one has ever substained the lower poly car was a performance issue
Ok, I’ll play your game.

I reckon that the XsX is running dirt 5 120hz at 720p dynamic. Mostly averaging 668p with dips down to 540p.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Ok, I’ll play your game.

I reckon that the XsX is running dirt 5 120hz at 720p dynamic. Mostly averaging 668p with dips down to 540p.
That is false.

Seires X runs Dirt 5 at DRS 900-1440p very close to the target 120fps before the patch.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Yeah, but now it’s running higher detail assets. Cuts will have had to have been made right!?
I don't know what you are trying to say yet.

There isn't performance tests for the new patch... they chanced the level of detail on the profile config file to match what PS5 had... so it is indeed rendering now more polygons on screen but we don't know how it affected the performance.

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
I don't know what you are trying to say yet.

There isn't performance tests for the new patch... they chanced the level of detail on the profile config file to match what PS5 had... so it is indeed rendering now more polygons on screen but we don't know how it affected the performance.
Of course we don’t. But I was under the impression that the lack of cache scrubbers, split memory and too many CUs per cluster had bottlenecked the system.

So it stands to reason right, that to maintain the frame rate, compromises elsewhere will have to be made.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Of course we don’t. But I was under the impression that the lack of cache scrubbers, split memory and too many CUs per cluster had bottlenecked the system.

So it stands to reason right, that to maintain the frame rate, compromises elsewhere will have to be made.
That is your assumptions lol

DJ12

None of anything you said changes the fact the PS5 had the worst frame rate of the two anyway in 120fps mode. You're dealing in what ifs, the DF comparison showed clearly on one track in particular the PS5 frame rate tanked hard.
Plus no VRR.
The reality is, running the settings xbox had would've lead to the same result.

Even so it was 120fps most of the time but sure it tanked at the start of races. Series x also had dips despite running vastly inferior settings.

You know how the series x fares now its running similar settings?

I'll wait....

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
You're starting to give Thelastword a run for his money 😂
I'm not sure about that... I'm replying correctly with facts to all his weird questions and wrong assumptions.

No not at all. I am just going along with you and the others. That is why you are clamoring for a perf test
Bullshit.
I never assumed the performance after the patch is lower or equal to before the patch lol
We indeed need a new performance test.

You created too much things in your head.

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
I'm not sure about that... I'm replying correctly with facts to all his weird questions and wrong assumptions.

Bullshit.
I never assumed the performance after the patch is lower or equal to before the patch lol
We indeed need a new performance test.

You created too much things in your head.
Ok. I believe you.

scydrex

Well now it turns out that PS5 has a performance issue on one of its modes. I guess the XSX version is the best now. Now lets see what conclusions you draw from that.

Nothing. DF or John said with this update the performance is worse for the PS5. So right now yes if it´s worse than the XSX... Maybe DF will do a video about it.

FranXico

The game was rushed to launch and obviously came in hot.... A lot hotter on the XsX than the PS5. They have spent the last 6 weeks working on it. You can also bet that they will be still "patching" this in Jan and Feb next year.
Well, now it cooled down on Xbox, but got hotter on PS5.

Riky

$MSFT
The reality is, running the settings xbox had would've lead to the same result.

Even so it was 120fps most of the time but sure it tanked at the start of races. Series x also had dips despite running vastly inferior settings.

You know how the series x fares now its running similar settings?

I'll wait....

Do I know! No I don't, but since my Xbox supports VRR it doesn't matter to me anyway.

I nominate this thread for Worst Thread of 2020.

College Football Reaction GIF by SEC Network

Get 'em, Coach

assurdum

Banned
Ok, I’ll play your game.

Why you need to be so childish? WTF it's your point? The level of stupidity of your reply is unbearable and you act as you was legitimate to have such idiotic attitude.

Last edited:

skneogaf

It will be interesting to see how much better the xbox series x version is than the ps5 version.

Seems like every game that has been patched on the series x is now performing better.

The tides have definitely turned!

assurdum

Banned
It will be interesting to see how much better the xbox series x version is than the ps5 version.

Seems like every game that has been patched on the series x is now performing better.

The tides have definitely turned!
Every game as...? We can be a bit more specific?

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
Why you need to be so childish? WTF it's your point? The level of stupidity of your reply is unbearable and you act as you was legitimate to have such idiotic attitude.
Last post because you have started to pull out the big guns now calling me childish... Your warrior comments and history is available for all to see. You and a few others are in every thread talking with conviction about a bottlenecked system without the first clue of anything, then trying to claim that cross gen software is maxing the system. But when you get called out on it, you get angry and defensive, and pretend that that is not what you are claiming....

The circus of stupidity in these threads is on the same level as N4G.

Top Bottom