• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dirt 5 | 2.00 Patch Comparison PS5 Vs Xbox Series X/S

It's the same scene. Every other shot in the video is like for like. This is the same internal garage shot and the car reflections are missing on PS5. I am making no claim to power differential as some Sony fans are making only that these cross generational launch titles aren't something for Sony fans to be boasting about. I played no part in any references about 12, 11, 10 or 9 anything I am only commenting on what the picture shows.

I never said anything about PS5 not being able to handle anything. It could be a bug and perhaps just perhaps we shouldn't be using these cross gen titles to make any claims about power. Just a thought. thicc_girls_are_teh_best thicc_girls_are_teh_best make a thread about this very point and was attacked pretty quickly.
Oh there were some "interesting" responses for sure :LOL: . But yeah, now with the new update messing up the PS5 performance a good bit, it should be a bit more obvious that these early 3P ports aren't real indicators of what these systems can do.

If you want some real (early) indicators, look at Demon's Souls Remastered, Miles Morales, or Gears 5 Hivebusters. All 1P games, incidentally, but that's usually the case especially in the early part of a console cycle. It's also a bit funny how DiRT 5 has become such a litmus test for console performance, considering how poorly the initial gameplay footage was received....

...which was most likely a bug or incorrect profiles being set, but whatever. DiRT 5's use of VRS seems a bit poor though, if NX Gamer's analysis is correct. Makes me wonder what The Coalition are doing differently since their implementation is much better.

I definitely will get this game on PS5, but are treading carefully till it gets a clean bill of health.

By that time GT7 and FH5 will probably be out :p

This needs a fps test now. Simple as that.

NX Gamer just did a video on the update yesterday with FPS testing in it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom