• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did Activision skip multiplayer in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 remaster out of straight fear it can't be beat?

Knightime_X

Mw2's multiplayer is something magical and spicy.
It's the only MP that will piss me off to no end but will come back the next day full erection ready to do it all over again.
Some days it's just perfect other days you're going like 5 - 16 but normally you go 30-0 or whatever you can get someone to believe.
It's whatever. The point is you were very satisfied with that match only to do the exact opposite the very next for no reason at all.

Everything about mw2's mp was on point.
All guns were perfect. Kill streaks were actually terrifying.
Perks felt too good but there was always a good perk to counter another good perk.
Shotguns and fully auto secondaries were dessert.

Sadly they removed ALL of that in future cod games or maybe kept 10% here and there.
No cod mp since hit like mw2 did.
Maybe hints of mw2 seasoning here and there but never the full package.

So my question is do you think they skipped mp in mw2 remaster on purpose because nobody will bother playing mp in future cod games?

Last edited:

chriskun

I had no idea they didnt have it in there, that is shocking. Maybe it has something to do with the rampant hacking? Perhaps an exploit baked in they cant code out. Game def hit that sweet spot of balance vs broken, it was the MVC2/3 of shooters for me.

//DEVIL//

They are probably using it as a last resort to spike COD sales if it ever falls down below expectations.
Who knows we might get the remake this year

Fitzchiv

Whatever the reason, it resulted in me not buying it. MW2 is the last online mp I was genuinely competitive at, loved the balance of the game, knew the maps inside out, had builds suited to my playstyle. Loved it. All went a bit tits up from there.

These days I tend to avoid mp because the kind of time and effort people sink into it makes it pretty much impossible to enjoy as a new entrant.

ZywyPL

Banned
MW2 was and to this day still is the most hyped video game ever, EVER, and it was solely because of its MP. I won't lie, it was a double-edged experience due to how OP/broken many many of the stuff was, but if it was you who is getting a nuke with commando kit, destroying people left and right with dual 1887s, spawn killing entire team over and over and over again with AC13/Chopper Gunner, and so on, it was a MP like no other, this game put a smile on your face like no game before and after it.

RPSleon

The timing would have taken so many players away from warzone and the new MW.

I dont think itll be financially feasable for them to do it in a way that isnt filled with micro transactions and extra bs seeing as it wiuld definitely take people away from their newest versions. Id drop cold war for mw2 in a heartbeat.

Gandih42

I'm actually still playing some MW2 MP every now and then (got a spanking new PC but all I seem to play on it are older games ... Oh well).

As much as I like it, I always preferred the maps of COD4. But definitely a great game. I completely stopped playing COD at Black Ops. For some reason that MP never clicked with me at all.

Top Bottom