• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV - Release Date Reveal Trailer | The Game Awards 2022 (June 5, 2022)

No Steam version

Sad Tears GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

GenericUser

This is hype. Am I tripping or are FF16 and Diablo 4 being released in the same month? Imagine a new mainline Final Fantasy and a new Diablo game in the same year, let alone in the same month of that year.

EDIT: Why does the thread title say June 5th, 2022? Is this a mistake?

Last edited:

sendit

This is hype. Am I tripping or are FF16 and Diablo 4 being released in the same month? Imagine a new mainline Final Fantasy and a new Diablo game in the same year, let alone in the same month of that year.

EDIT: Why does the thread title say June 5th, 2022? Is this a mistake?

No mistake. Beat it a few months ago. Paragon 400 atm.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Cant wait.

For D4 I might try a totally different class. One of the magicky ones. I used warrior and rogue in D1, D2 was archer amazon, D3 was crusader.

I've never used any necros, magic wielders, summoner kinds of classes. I might give necro a go. Druid seems too similar to a melee thug using animal shape changing instead of swords.

sendit

Cant wait.

For D4 I might try a totally different class. One of the magicky ones. I used warrior and rogue in D1, D2 was archer amazon, D3 was crusader.

I've never used any necros, magic wielders, summoner kinds of classes. I might give necro a go. Druid seems too similar to a melee thug using animal shape changing instead of swords.
Snowboard Reaction GIF by Red Bull

GenericUser

Cant wait.

I don't even know what classes will be available. I tend to go on a media blackout on games I know I will buy no matter what. I more or less tried and played all classes in Diablo 3 though. Blizzard did an excellent job of making every class solo-viable in that game. I assume Diablo 4 will also be a very well balanced game.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Ultimate pre-ordered on PC. Will probably buy it again for Xbox closer to launch just to have it everywhere for convenience cause of cross-progression.

$110 AUD for the standard digital edition? I don't think even EA has tried to charge this much for a digital PC game have they? I believe they stopped at $99.95 AUD. Ridiculous!

samoilaaa

im so happy that the story is a massive improvement compared to the other diablo games ( according to previews ) and its longer than previous campaigns combined

i know that this is a game focused on loot collecting and online play but a good single player campaign is a big bonus

Diablo 3 was an ultra-rare triple dip for me. Bought it on pc at release, 360 version was next, then once again on ps4. I've had to stop myself from buying the Switch version.

Played through it again as recently as this year, the cgi cinemas still look absolutely amazing.

Crazy that it's been over a decade since initial release. Bout time, I'm ready for more.

bender

What time is it?

Thanks for the video.

-The intro is important related to monetization which is fairly worrisome.
-The tonal shift and being more like D2 than D3 is fine by me (I don't mind D3)
-Would really like to get some console/controller impressions. I'm fine with deeper mechanics but D3 on consoles controlled wonderfully and really made playing D2 difficult. (he does mention later on that it feels like a middle ground between D2/D3 and way less stiff than D2)
-Maps not being procedurally generated is a bummer. Dungeons are procedurally generated so there is that.
-The online component sounds kind of like Guild Wars. I hope this can be turned off or set to private.
-Weird to not go over the gear in the video as that's one of the biggest draws of the series.
-150 dungeons
-Skill tree is way more in depth than D3 which is a good thing as that will add to the uniqueness of builds and replayability.
-He mentions lower mob density and longer health bars but that's hard to judge at lower difficulty levels and the power balance in Diablo can shift pretty quickly depending on dropped gear.

I know he sounds positive on it but I'm a little buzz killed.

Last edited:

Hot5pur

Do we know when the open betas are?
I am cautious about monetization and them making the game feel too much like an MMO, but seems the story stuff you can play without interacting with other players.
Might pre-order if the beta is soonish. Got tired of waiting on Wolcen and Last Epoch.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
i've always loved the diablo games, but not for their incredibly cheesy cutscenes especially...

Wild. Blizzard fucking sucks when it comes to actual game narrative (D3 is fucking terrible), but their cinematics are pretty legendary. Literally people would be holding their breath during Blizzcon for those old WOW trailers announcing an expansion (the one for WOTLK I recall being especially good - for the time).

This cinematic - despite me having ZERO clue what is going on, or why you wouldn't bring some crocs with you to Hell - is absolutely fantastic.

Salz01

Of course I’m going to get it, but not as hyped yet. Felt burned on D3. Act 1 was great, and then each act went worse for me. And then endgame just had you hoping back and forth between those acts and just burned me out. It also never lived up to the very first showing they had were they had that world boss. I’m cautiously optimistic on D4.

splattered

I don't really give a damn that this has a battle pass, but it WOULD at least make me happy if they followed Halo's lead and made it so you don't lose the items after a season if you don't unlock them. I would prob be more interested in it if that were the case.

Tallahassee

Of course I’m going to get it, but not as hyped yet. Felt burned on D3. Act 1 was great, and then each act went worse for me. And then endgame just had you hoping back and forth between those acts and just burned me out. It also never lived up to the very first showing they had were they had that world boss. I’m cautiously optimistic on D4.
was lucky to get in closed beta, def playing this in june.
the art and quests are darker, not cartoony shite as D3; plenty of skills and paragon paths, big open world with lots of events and dungeons, even pvp in some regions

WitchHunter

Banned
After so many borked games at least the trailer looks great. The first trailer that feels great since Diablo ii. I'm rooting for Blizz to create something memorable again.

I_D

D2 is the greatest game of all time, as far as I'm concerned. I still play it to this day.
D3 was such a hard hit in the gut. I already didn't like WoW, so I had such massive hopes for D3, and it let me down far more than WoW ever could.

So now I'm cautiously optimistic about D4. It certainly looks like they've learned their lessons, but I won't let myself get too hyped.
But damn, these cinematics are making it tough to not get excited.

Mr1999

Gold Member
It's Diablo, day 1. I have always been a sucker for Blizzard games. I still remember picking up Diablo 2 on the day of its release, had it preordered, better times then. I skipped Diablo III after a while. I still remember all the items that existed in Diablo 2, SOJ's, valor, grandfather, windforce hydra bow :) the vampgaze helm and then the green shakko?

I remember duped and bugged items, the corpse popping, there would be people named popcorn fill in the blank, lol they would purposely try to get you to pop so they could steal all your gear, not sure if that's still a thing. I heard they gave out free alpha or beta invites of diablo iv for people who got tattoos of diablo not too long ago, you had to go to one of their sanctioned tattoo shops.

So far from what I heard from people who have played the tester build is that if the quality of levels that they got to play were similar all throughout that it's going to be pretty badass. We'll see.
Q74Pb9l.jpg

Last edited:

sendit

Pay2Win from the get go. The Ultimate Edition includes

"Accelerated Seasonal Battle Pass Unlock (includes a Premium Seasonal Battle Pass Unlock plus 20 Tier Skips and cosmetic)"

bender

What time is it?
Pay2Win from the get go. The Ultimate Edition includes

"Accelerated Seasonal Battle Pass Unlock (includes a Premium Seasonal Battle Pass Unlock plus 20 Tier Skips and cosmetic)"

Not that Blizzard deserves confidence after Immortal, but the video above mentions a few times that the Battle Pass will contain only cosmetics.

Last edited:
Top Bottom