• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF Retro Play: Usagi Yojimbo - A Commodore 64 Classic Revisited

Bullet Club

Digital Foundry going very old school with this one.

Recently revealed as coming to Netflix in a new big budget series, Usagi Yojimbo has a rich, storied history across multiple media - and that includes games. In this DF Retro Play, Audi Sorlie plays through the vintage Commodore 64 game and explains the series to John Linneman.
I've still got a heap of Usagi Yojimbo comics and an action figure out in the garage. Used to really like it.

Digital Foundry going very old school with this one.

I've still got a heap of Usagi Yojimbo comics and an action figure out in the garage. Used to really like it.

Wow, what a throw-back! So much nostalgia. I remember playing a pirated copy of this at lunch on the school Commodore 64's (and Thalamus', Creatures). My teacher brought in his copies and always gave preference to me and a mate. We were both super interested in computers and I had just begun programming in Basic. So instead of playing in the sun for lunchtime, I'd hunch over the class C64 and play this with my best mate.

A few years later, I'd go to that teacher as a source for pirated Commodore Amiga game disks made off of industry-shared copies of games that his brother receieved (who was a game dev, apparently). :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Top Bottom