• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF Retro Play: Batman Forever PC - Baffling, Infuriating And Utterly Bizarre.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

John Linneman returns with one of his latest retro gaming finds - and it's a fascinating one for all of the wrong reasons. Behold the baffling, infuriating and downright strange movie tie-in - Batman Forever - sort of like Mortal Kombat meets Streets of Rage, but where the controls benefit from having two sets of hands and where you need the manual to figure out the various button combinations required to do the most basic things. It's a gameplay experience you won't want to miss.

Three

I remember this game 😄.

What was that robocop game on the snes called? That one was equally frustrating.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Acclaim Entertainment. Them and LJN were two studios to avoid like the plague. Terrible games as a whole.

Did you know Acclaim changed their slogan in their last year? It was:

Acclaim Entertainment
Making shit movie games for decades

Acclaim Entertainment. Them and LJN were two studios to avoid like the plague. Terrible games as a whole.

Sure they published some bad games, but to be fair, Acclaim also published some classic and even great games: Wizards & Warriors, Double Dragon II, Alien 3, Judge Dredd, the NBA Jam and Mortal Kombat games, Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, Shadow Man, Extreme-G, etc.

stranno

If you had a hard time figuring out the grappling hook thing you should try the crouch MANEUVER on Daikatana 64.

A no, B no, Cs NO, DPAD ... getting nervous already, joysticks nooooo, LR wtf man! START YES! I mean, no.

Its: Hold A + R :messenger_expressionless:

Best part: L UNUSED! and D-Pad Left, D-Pad Right and B are used for weapons selection! Why it doesnt require to connect the second controller in order to assign each weapon to a single button is beyond me.

No grappling hook.
No nuclear weapon trigger.
No NSA hacking device.
Crouch..

Not to mention every single Amiga 500 game -ever-, games developed for 1 button joysticks. Thats a masterclass of button mapping craziness. For example in Shadow Dancer you must hold attack + up or down to change the plane..

Last edited:
Top Bottom