• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF Retro - Capcom Home Arcade review: the DF Retro verdict

FranXico

Are you enjoying the Genesis Mini? I'm thinking of picking one up to pair with my SNES Mini and pacify the console wars, I'm honestly still on the fence due to the lack of The Revenge of Shinobi.
I recall an analysis showed that the emulation quality actually is on par with typical Retropie. I was a little bit let down with the audio lag. Looking for the video to share...

I recall an analysis showed that the emulation quality actually is on par with typical Retropie. I was a little bit let down with the audio lag. Looking for the video to share...

I did end up picking one up. I liked it a lot and haven't noticed many issues, but I'm far from an emulation expert. The unit itself is absolutely gorgeous and I just like having it next to my SNES mini lol.

Gargus

Banned
The games are 19 years old or more and the device costs $260. There's no excuse for the emulation not to be 100% perfect.

And to also not include a shitload more games than just 16.

For 50 bucks I can get a Genesis mini with 50 games, or 25 get a compilation disc on PS4 with 50 games. I'd love a retro Capcom collection but sure as hell not for 200+ dollars for 16 games stuck inside an ugly and cumbersome looking controller.

It's fuck ups like this that set more good mini consoles from being made like the Genesis, nes, and snes.

nkarafo

I haven't noticed any odd audio issues on my Genesis Mini. Would assume sound accuracy is not perfect, but this is software emulation. The sound will never be 100% perfect, that goes for things like the Neo Geo Mini, SNES Classic, upcoming PC-Engine Mini etc. If you want 100% accurate sound, either get the original hardware or an FPGA version like the Analogue products.
Or use a decent software emulator.

Jaxcellent

I like my CHA unit, the quality is great, when you play those old arcade games you can feel they were designed for arcade controls vs. a control pad.. plays great and they games look very good in 1080p with the scanline filter/ (looks better than for example capcom belt action on switch)

Kudo's to Kochmedia still updating the unit. Curious what the next firmware version will bring... Hope there will be a easy way to add a few games to it soon, or I'll be forced to hack it. Might as well end the project with giving fans an easy way to update games themselves,..

You guys think it would be worth it for gamers to buy new incarnations of stuff like this? say they would release one powerfull enough to run Dreamcast/Naomi, would you update? I guess a version looking like a Candy Cab control unit would look great, and maybe they could make it so you could replace the inlays on it.. would be amazing...not to mention much cheaper to assemble and produce.

I get why this licencing stuff diden't work out, sounds like a nightmare to deal with, company's should really look at these old game licencing deals as free marketing, and hand over free licences...

Anyway if they can't sell us the games at least give us a official easy way to add our own.

Top Bottom