• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] Oddworld Soulstorm: The Digital Foundry Tech Review - PS5/ PC/ PS4 Pro/ PS4

thelastword

Banned
I'm sorry, I'm not impressed with 1440p 60fps on this game.....It's still dropping frames, shimmering out the wazoo on background objects....This game should be 4K 120fps on PS5.....The only thing that should be affecting framerate is the CPU since they have enhanced physics, but Ryzen is more than capable, so why lower resolution indicating it's GPU bound.....They need to optimize this game or cease from using Unity....

SkylineRKR

Fuck the Slig Mama. Well basically fuck the entire train level. I hated it.

Its horrible. Absolutely awful. Here's how I eventually beat it within a few seconds:

Just jump to the middle platform, run and jump to the right of it, throw a few bottles and book it. With some luck they hit the sweet spot.

After being stuck for an hour this was the only way I could beat it. Unless there is a very easy strategy to it. And fuck the secrets, I didn't bother with the one below the monkey bars anymore since I had to get it every time after death.

As for crafting, I kinda like it. Its extra options but it doesn't seem to be needed at all. You can get by anything I faced with just throwing rocks. If you have a group of survivors, give them rocks also, stand in smoke and let them aggro. They can easily knock out an enemy for you. Personally I like that you can get rid of enemies by capturing them.

swaffles23

I loved the game. I would say it's my current goty. I had to go back and replay some levels to fix my quarma to get the good ending. Probably in the top 2 or 3 in the Oddworld series behind Oddysee and Stranger's Wrath.

Top Bottom