• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] Oddworld Soulstorm: The Digital Foundry Tech Review - PS5/ PC/ PS4 Pro/ PS4

AnotherOne

dj khaled sip GIF by Apple Music

Bartski

Gold Member
an update dropped yesterday. Gonna check it out tonight, the game is a lot of fun but it's difficult to look past bugs if they force you to restart checkpoints

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Gonna try this out at some point. I guess from the talk it's 1440p on ps4 Pro and something closer to 1800p full fat 4k on ps5?

So this game running on wonderful Unity SDK they made a big analysis and comparison against PC, right? But where is their big multiformat comparison about Crash 4? You know a game that is going to sell 100 times more than this one?

Last edited:
Running at 60fps apart from the checkpoint issue that exists on all platforms including the PC?

If that's the case then it's a strange thing to find funny.

I watched the whole thing and you can achieve Native 4K on PC. But I don't find that laughable because that's to be expected from that platform. What's odd are the 30FPs cutscenes in the PC version.

JackMcGunns

Riky Riky , please enlighten us, what's so funny?

I would guess he’s laughing at the 1440p resolution for PS5, they mentioned blurriness and shimmering which sounds disappointing.

Pretty impressive for a Unity game and I love Oddworld. Sounds solid except for the nitpickers

I would guess he’s laughing at the 1440p resolution for PS5, they mentioned blurriness and shimmering which sounds disappointing.

Pretty impressive for a Unity game and I love Oddworld. Sounds solid except for the nitpickers

Well PC is the only option for Native 4K. But something John said is that other 1440P games like Demon Souls look great because they use a good AA solution. This game apparently did nothing with AA which is why it has those issues.

GHG

Gold Member

Maybe I'm old fashioned but why not just speak your mind instead of hiding behind reaction emojis?

My man is right. He is living rent free in some people's heads. Amazing stuff.
Dude you do exactly the same thing. The hive mind is real.

He is lucky his precious XSX isn't included in this comparison, otherwise it would have lower resolution and less stable fps and any alpha effects will bring it to its knees 🤣

In that case he would use the triggered emoji then scurry for the hills.

lmao you are a joke, dude.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

JackMcGunns

Well PC is the only option for Native 4K. But something John said is that other 1440P games like Demon Souls look great because they use a good AA solution. This game apparently did nothing with AA which is why it has those issues.

Is this game time exclusive or a permanent money hat?

Md Ray

Can't help but feel that they're underutilizing the PS5's hardware running at 1440p60. They could have maybe provided a 1800p-4K 60fps option which would've cleaned up those shimmering a bit... Or a 120fps option while rendering at 1440p. Because on PC with a 3070 the game's comfortably hitting 120fps at 1440p, max settings with ~50% GPU time to spare in most cases. Perhaps the game gets more demanding in the later sections? Dunno.

cnpDyRY.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom