• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] AMD Radeon 6800 XT/6800 vs Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080/3070 Review - Which Should You Buy?

MadYarpen

very easy, the AMD. Nvidia is making too much money... (yes the nvidia is probably better... BUT, the AMD is good enough, and someone HAS TO STOP THE MADNESS THAT IS NVIDIA...)
Ok, but please show me an RX6800 available for the price lower than 3070. Today I saw reference model show for a few seconds for 200 eur more than AIB 3070s...

Bolivar687

Banned
For a moment I almost pulled the trigger on a $700 XFX Merc 319 6800 (non-X!). These prices are absolutely insane but hopefully things begin to normalize as cards continue trickling in.

psn

As a 2080ti user I have to admit that I barely use any features from Nvidia. I have a Gsync 240Hz monitor but guess what - Gsync introduces grey scanlines and is useless because I always have more than 100fps, in my favourite shooters more than 240. Tried DLSS and hated it. While it looked good while standing, with heavy movement it looked like really smeary bad anti aliasing. This might be different when you play in 4k though, as you have much higher ppi. Well, not important to me anyways. Framerate > graphical fidelity at any day. But for 4k players DLSS might be a good deal.

Shadowplay is buggy as hell for me, even after all these years. You did some nice frags? Nice, gonna hit ALT+F10 --> oh shit, it was turned off, even though I started it manually when I started the game. I mean when it works it works but I have missed so many great clips because of that buggy ass software.

I never turned on RT as framerate is much more important to me. But it might be nice in a few years from now.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
You should give a diick for DLSS. I have 4k monitor a d this makes death stranding look like ground truth render. No shimmering or pixel crawling
Umm I get the opposite with dlss. It’s a must for cyberpunk if you want RT. But I still see a lot of artifacts when in motion. Weird banding in some textures and feathered edges. Only while in motion.
I do think it’s pretty nice considering every It’s doing. I would call it perfect though .. not yet.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Umm I get the opposite with dlss. It’s a must for cyberpunk if you want RT. But I still see a lot of artifacts when in motion. Weird banding in some textures and feathered edges. Only while in motion.
I do think it’s pretty nice considering every It’s doing. I would call it perfect though .. not yet.
In 2077, there are aliased edges below balanced option with 4k res. True

Mister Wolf

download.png

nemiroff

Gold Member
As a 2080ti user I have to admit that I barely use any features from Nvidia. I have a Gsync 240Hz monitor but guess what - Gsync introduces grey scanlines and is useless because I always have more than 100fps, in my favourite shooters more than 240. Tried DLSS and hated it. While it looked good while standing, with heavy movement it looked like really smeary bad anti aliasing. This might be different when you play in 4k though, as you have much higher ppi. Well, not important to me anyways. Framerate > graphical fidelity at any day. But for 4k players DLSS might be a good deal.

Shadowplay is buggy as hell for me, even after all these years. You did some nice frags? Nice, gonna hit ALT+F10 --> oh shit, it was turned off, even though I started it manually when I started the game. I mean when it works it works but I have missed so many great clips because of that buggy ass software.

I never turned on RT as framerate is much more important to me. But it might be nice in a few years from now.

That's probably not a GSync issue but an infamous 240Hz monitor issue/flaw. Try to set Windows/games to 144Hz, and with GSync, and the inversion lines will probably be gone.

Top Bottom