• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA is reportedly slowing GeForce RTX 4070 production due to low sales

Skifi28

So what if it is "next-"gen. The 6950XT is available to-day for $649 new. Nvidia's 4070 and 4070 Ti are outperformed by that card that is FROM a previous generation at the $600 price point. That is embarrassing. That should be the context of the conversation, " what is the best band for my buck at $600?"
I think it's a bit more complicated than that. As somebody that had to make that exact choice, there's more things to consider like power consumption or gpu size. If I went for a 6950 I would have needed both a new case as well as a new psu. Most people's rigs aren't ready for a monster flagship even if the price is right.

Last edited:

Leonidas

So what if it is "next-"gen. The 6950XT is available to-day for $649 new. Nvidia's 4070 and 4070 Ti are outperformed by that card that is FROM a previous generation at the $600 price point.
6950 XT is a terrible buy at $649 for someone like me who cares about ray tracing performance, efficiency and 1440p image reconstruction.

4070 is cheaper and does better RT, and it does so at 200 watts, compared to the power pig 330+ watts of the 6950 XT... and DLSS2 > FSR2

4070 Ti is faster in both RT and raster, but it costs more as it should. The real joke is 7900 XT, $900 MSRP, had to drop to 4070 Ti pricing...
Nvidia's 4070 and 4070 Ti are outperformed by that card that is FROM a previous generation at the $600 price point. That is embarrassing. That should be the context of the conversation,
The fact that AMD isn't competing in current gen is embarrassing. RDNA3 still hasn't had a new GPU release this year... by the time the next card comes out it will probably be 6 months since RDNA3 launch...

Last edited:

iQuasarLV

6950 XT is a terrible buy at $649 for someone like me who cares about ray tracing performance, efficiency and 1440p image reconstruction.

4070 is cheaper and does better RT, and it does so at 200 watts, compared to the power pig 330+ watts of the 6950 XT... and DLSS2 > FSR2

4070 Ti is faster in both RT and raster, but it costs more as it should. The real joke is 7900 XT, $900 MSRP, had to drop to 4070 Ti pricing...

The fact that AMD isn't competing in current gen is embarrassing. RDNA3 still hasn't had a new GPU release this year... by the time the next card comes out it will probably be 6 months since RDNA3 launch...
And yet this very thread is about how a video card is not selling. Things that make you go hmmm. If Nvidia were rocking the $600 boat the things would seem to sell out, but since they're not I guess the rest of the graphic buying world agrees that the card is overpriced and outclassed in it's price bracket.

Last edited:

Leonidas

And yet this very thread is about how a video card is not selling. Things that make you go hmmm. If Nvidia were rocking the $600 boat the things would seem to sell out, but since they're not I guess the rest of the graphic buying world agrees that the card is overpriced and outclassed in it's price bracket.
We're in a recession.

Top Bottom