• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA is reportedly slowing GeForce RTX 4070 production due to low sales

Who could have guessed that with global inflation at these prices, fewer graphics cards would sell at the exorbitant prices on the part of ngreedia.

wlOXJ4T.gif

Let these cards collect dust like never before and they will have to rethink their garbage price politics.

Last edited:

Rickyiez

And in the 4070 class card category......AMD and Intel absolutely should be capable of producing a much better value preposition.
Let Nvidia keep making 4090s and these super enthusiast tier cards......in the "midrange" Intel and AMD should be eating.
Come and feast you dogs, Nvidia is clearly dropping the ball.
AMD is dumb , don't waste your energy expecting them to seize the opportunity . They could have dominated the mid-range market with the RX6800 and RX6700XT had they lower the prices , or even come out with a 7700XT that is as fast as RTX3080 now at $499 . But for some reason they won't 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Tams

Well deserved.

Though I recently bought some Nvidia shares and they ain't doing so hot. Got some AMD ones too though, so all's good.

DaGwaphics

AMD is dumb , don't waste your energy expecting them to seize the opportunity . They could have dominated the mid-range market with the RX6800 and RX6700XT had they lower the prices , or even come out with a 7700XT that is as fast as RTX3080 now at $499 . But for some reason they won't 🤷‍♂️

AMD might not mind more users shifting over to console ecosystems, after all they have 100% market share in the top of that space. They might look at it like that's a win, plus they get the higher margins for selling the overpriced GPUs that they do sell.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Annyone can help me!?
Here's my set up
Ryzen 5 5600X , 4070ti 12gb OC , 16g of ram and i addded a 750watt psu , shouldn't I be able tonplay Forza horizon 5 on extreme at 4k? Same for Re4 remake? But both make my pc crash! Or it boots me out to my desktop!
Could it be my PSU!? Is 750 enough or should I go for a 1000watt?
Might be time to reinstall windows.
That or use DDU to completely unintstall your drivers and start from scratch on the drivers front.

P.S:
You dont need to put OC in the name of your GPU unless it was a manual overclock......Factory Overclocks arent actually a thing anymore, its just a requirement from Nvidia that AIB sell some models at MSRP then AIBs can sell the other models at markup for themselves........so to entice people alot of AIBs will call their none MSRP models xxxx-OC and put 30mhz on the clock......but the card will still actually clock under boost the same as "none-OC" models, there's no perceptible difference between MSRP models and OC models.
Its why the "none-OC" models are so widely sought after and sell out in seconds.........they are the same thing just cheaper than OC models.

I think only the true range topper cards like the Suprim X, Aorus Master, FTW3 were actually binned better on better PCBs so could be manually overclocked higher.....otherwise its the same shit under the hood.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

Yeah, I don’t get it. Mid range is there for the taking, but they’re not releasing their mid range cards.

All I can guess is that they feel their 6000 series is still relevant enough (and they kinda are), that price drops will suffice.

Maybe after seeing that nobody cares or wants Nvidia’s new cards, they’re putting the brakes on.

I think right now the falling prices on 30XX series cards and AMD 6000 price drops, are the best bang for your buck right now.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
God I loved the 1070.
I still have an i7 7700 1070 PC hooked up to my main gaming monitor just to answer emails and stuff and not use my main gaming PC and when I picked up the LG 45" 240hz OLED monitor I ran a few games on it just to see what that 1070 could still do and honestly its still serviceable

I gamed so hard on that 1070 rig at launch, I too loved that card

Hp7QWYF.jpg

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
If there where exclusive PC games with insane impossible to port graphics doing shit that makes the PS5 cry I'd consider it, but playing the same games with imperceptibly higher Rez and silly frame rates just doesn't cut the mustard for me, paying over £800 for a single part of a gaming pc that brings nothing of actual substance to the table is just insane imo, GFX card prices are mental
Good luck running this with your PS5 without massive cutback:

Or this

Or this

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
So worth a £1500 GFX card....
For me yes because I like excellence. But the point was that you where saying no games really push the envelop on PC. It is not true as showed by those 3 games. And there are many more.
Keep in mind that in 1 year many games will start to really use the UE5 and other powerful engines, and the gap between consoles and PC will once again be bigger and bigger. In fact it has already started.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
For me yes because I like excellence. But the point was that you where saying no games really push the envelop on PC. It is not true as showed by those 3 games. And there are many more.
Keep in mind that in 1 year many games will start to really use the UE5 and other powerful engines, and the gap between consoles and PC will once again be bigger and bigger. In fact it has already started.
Those games looked awful tbf and I've yet to see anything on PC remotely coming close to the UE4 Samaritan demo let along those crazy ass UE5 DEMO'S

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Those games looked awful tbf and I've yet to see anything on PC remotely coming close to the UE4 Samaritan demo let along those crazy ass UE5 DEMO'S
Which doesn't change what I said. And no they are not looking awful you should see them running in real time on my rig you would be wowed.
And if you think nothing come close to the Samaritan demo (btw it was UE3) on PC, watch again because Cyberpunk maxed out on PC is looking better by far honestly.

Again, the gap between consoles and PC will just grow bigger and bigger.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
So worth a £1500 GFX card....
This thread is about the 4070......a 600 dollar GPU.
You yourself mentioned n 800 dollar GPU
Why you now talking about a 1500 pound GPU?
Which is still valuable for people who want to hit 4K120.

P.S
You want exclusive which wouldnt run on PS5.....people show you exclusives that wouldnt run on PS5, so you decide to belittle the exclusives that wouldnt run on PS5????
That was your whole schtick.......
You simply said you wanted to see games that couldnt run on PS5.

Instead of trying to come out clever just say what you mean.
You are a PS5 fanboy and want to play Playstation [timed] exclusives.
So pretty much any GPU doesnt make sense to you cuz even if it was a 300 dollar GPU, you would rather spend that 300 dollars on Sony next 3 [timed] exclusives.

Last edited:
Might be time to reinstall windows.
That or use DDU to completely unintstall your drivers and start from scratch on the drivers front.

P.S:
You dont need to put OC in the name of your GPU unless it was a manual overclock......Factory Overclocks arent actually a thing anymore, its just a requirement from Nvidia that AIB sell some models at MSRP then AIBs can sell the other models at markup for themselves........so to entice people alot of AIBs will call their none MSRP models xxxx-OC and put 30mhz on the clock......but the card will still actually clock under boost the same as "none-OC" models, there's no perceptible difference between MSRP models and OC models.
Its why the "none-OC" models are so widely sought after and sell out in seconds.........they are the same thing just cheaper than OC models.

I think only the true range topper cards like the Suprim X, Aorus Master, FTW3 were actually binned better on better PCBs so could be manually overclocked higher.....otherwise its the same shit under the hood.
well this morning I used DDU to clean the drivers and updated to the latest , I started Re4 remake and it crashed my PC right away , so now I know it aint the drivers causing the problem, I had the same problem with the 3060 before that , so I know it aint the GPU , so motherboard ? ram? PSU?

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
It's a shame. I'm in the market to upgrade my 2080 Super, but the price value just is not there at any pricepoint. I'll continue to ride this mf for a little longer I guess,

Leonidas

It's a shame. I'm in the market to upgrade my 2080 Super, but the price value just is not there at any pricepoint. I'll continue to ride this mf for a little longer I guess,
The 4070 is around 50% faster, while using less power, and is cheaper vs. the 2080 Super (at their MSRPs).

Good news that the 4070 has been selling poorly. It might be a wake up call for NVIDIA who seem to have got a bit too greedy since the Pandemic and cryptomining craze.

Remember, this is the company that was going to sell the 4070 Ti as a 4080 12 GB for £100 more. That means that the 4070 was likely going to be the 4070 Ti at £700 and so on. "Value for money " isn't a concept NVIDIA seem to care about these days. All they care about is keeping their shareholders happy after they profited from the cryptomining boom.

Bojji

well this morning I used DDU to clean the drivers and updated to the latest , I started Re4 remake and it crashed my PC right away , so now I know it aint the drivers causing the problem, I had the same problem with the 3060 before that , so I know it aint the GPU , so motherboard ? ram? PSU?

Check ram using memtest and CPU stability using Prime95 (or similar programs)

Other than that maybe there are driver or software problems, you can always use nuclear option and reinstall OS.

Is your PC only crashing (or black screen) or it shuts itself down completely too (power off)?

Check ram using memtest and CPU stability using Prime95 (or similar programs)

Other than that maybe there are driver or software problems, you can always use nuclear option and reinstall OS.

Is your PC only crashing (or black screen) or it shuts itself down completely too (power off)?
So much fun ! Haha
We'll say re4 made my pc crash , Forza when I toggle the graphics options to extreme it kicks me out to the desktop...but this shit happened with my old GPU too.....

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Did you check VRAM use? You probably don't have enough vram for those settings(they say 4k at max needs 16g vram in a lot of games). You can check it with afterburner.

Bojji

So much fun ! Haha
We'll say re4 made my pc crash , Forza when I toggle the graphics options to extreme it kicks me out to the desktop...but this shit happened with my old GPU too.....

So yeah something is definitely wrong with one of the components or drivers...

Is your CPU or RAM overclocked?

Bojji

Nope! Factory OC , but it did it with the 3060 too...that's what I don't get!

Quick thing you can do is to go into bios/UEFI and reset everything to default. With this you can be sure that there is no memory or cpu oc in place and check games again.

I love simplicity of consoles but at the same time fixing issues on pc was always my passion, lol

Last edited:
Quick thing you can do is to go into bios/UEFI and reset everything to default. With this you can be sure that there is no memory or cpu oc in place and check games again.

I love simplicity of consoles but at the same time fixing issues on pc was always my passion, lol
Yeah Inlove simplicity of consoles too , I love fucking around with Pc's but it can really piss me off when you pay alot of money and it doesn't work....
Bios you mean when you restart the pc and press escape?

Bojji

Yeah Inlove simplicity of consoles too , I love fucking around with Pc's but it can really piss me off when you pay alot of money and it doesn't work....
Bios you mean when you restart the pc and press escape?

It depends on motherboard brand you have, sometimes it's delete, sometimes F2. You should check in Google for your Mobo manufacturer.

Did you check VRAM use? You probably don't have enough vram for those settings(they say 4k at max needs 16g vram in a lot of games). You can check it with afterburner.
So how does the graphic card comparison on youtube work at max setting ? They usually have the same set up as I do and they have a great frame rate without any crashes!

Bojji

So how does the graphic card comparison on youtube work at max setting ? They usually have the same set up as I do and they have a great frame rate without any crashes!

RE4 can crash if you enable RT at the same time with the highest texture buffer (one that shows VRAM usage in red) but majority of games stutters, drops performance or don't load textures when going out of VRAM but DO NOT crash.

RE4 can crash if you enable RT at the same time with the highest texture buffer (one that shows VRAM usage in red) but majority of games stutters, drops performance or don't load textures when going out of VRAM but DO NOT crash.
exactly! I played a good 8 hours on my 3060 without RT on until it started giving me D3D crashes , I thought maybe with the new card Ill have no problem , but noo I still have problems , I reinstalled the game 3 times on 3 different drives , sometimes I get in the game control Leon for a minute or two then another D3D crash! So i bought the game on Ps5 .

Ironbunny

Random crashes I would first check if its cpu or memory. 5xxx series has a history with bad cpu cores and too low default voltage settings for them. Check even viewer if you get whea errors for cores.

Random crashes I would first check if its cpu or memory. 5xxx series has a history with bad cpu cores and too low default voltage settings for them. Check even viewer if you get whea errors for cores.
They are not random, they happen when I try to up the graphic settings...I just played Forza horizon 5 , on high it is fine if i go to ultra , it crashes and boots back to desktop, Re4 i get the D3d crash, Atomic heart if I play at low settings it's fine but when I play with higher settings it crashes , I mean I could put ultra settings on my 3060 and the frame rate suffered...now I have a 4070ti! I shouldn't have these crashes...but it did happen with the 3060 too , I am using pre built motherboard and ram and cpu right now!

Ironbunny

They are not random, they happen when I try to up the graphic settings...I just played Forza horizon 5 , on high it is fine if i go to ultra , it crashes and boots back to desktop, Re4 i get the D3d crash, Atomic heart if I play at low settings it's fine but when I play with higher settings it crashes , I mean I could put ultra settings on my 3060 and the frame rate suffered...now I have a 4070ti! I shouldn't have these crashes...but it did happen with the 3060 too , I am using pre built motherboard and ram and cpu right now!
Ignore the word random. Did you check for the whea errors? I had the same problems and it was the cpu. RMA'd it and with the new cpu problems were gone. Lower settings push your cpu more meaning higher voltage and less change for cpu to crash if its the problem.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll

Resi 4 4k at max uses vram up to 13gb according to this video. There are other background apps uses vram too. 3060 and 4070ti both have 12gb vram. The sooner you accept this, the less upset you will be.

Last edited:
Ignore the word random. Did you check for the whea errors? I had the same problems and it was the cpu. RMA'd it and with the new cpu problems were gone. Lower settings push your cpu more meaning higher voltage and less change for cpu to crash if its the problem.
How do I check this ?

Resi 4 4k at max uses vram up to 13gb according to this video. There are other background apps uses vram too. 3060 and 4070ti both have 12gb vram. The sooner you accept this, the less upset you will be.

Still , all the games shouldn't crash...

on extreme and no crash here! Mine doesn't even want to try ultra or Extreme and it crashes and I have a better card....

Last edited:

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll

on extreme and no crash here! Mine doesn't even want to try ultra or Extreme and it crashes and I have a better card....

Resi 4 is known to have d3d crash problems related to insufficient vram. Forza 7 was crash prone too, maybe it's related to software. Try more games before accusing your hw. Also, not all computers are the same, maybe your windows version is old or buggy(try clean install), maybe the game is conflicting with another program, maybe another application is eating a lot of vram in the background etc.

But as I said, you can search vram related crashes. They say 16 gb is the bare minimum vram amount to run games at 4k/max settings in newer games.

Resi 4 is known to have d3d crash problems related to insufficient vram. Forza 7 was crash prone too, maybe it's related to software. Try more games before accusing your hw. Also, not all computers are the same, maybe your windows version is old or buggy(try clean install), maybe the game is conflicting with another program, maybe another application is eating a lot of vram in the background etc.

But as I said, you can search vram related crashes. They say 16 gb is the bare minimum vram amount to run games at 4k/max settings in newer games.
That's alot of maybe's hahaha
I'll do a test on the cpu , some other guy on reddit had the same problem that I'm having and it was a few cores not working in the cpu.

Run prime 95 or orthos (occt) to see if CPU isn't producing any errors.

As I said earlier you should also check out if resetting bios settings to defaults does something.
Yeah I tried like 10 times restarting pressing F2, enter or delete I think it is and it wouldn't want to go into the bios...not sure why

Top Bottom