• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry PSP confirmed to be a port of Devil May Cry 3: SE

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Wow we haven't heard anything about this in awhile.. nice to see it's still "alive"

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
is this news reliable? it's a couple weeks old and no one else has picked up on it. dmc3 really needs four shoulder buttons, and iirc some capcom guy was talking about a new style of gameplay in dmc psp.

This news is as false as Mr. Bob's hardcore gaming skills.

And I'd think GAF (by now) would trust that I know all things Devil May Cry.

That article is a re-used article, direct statements were copied and pasted from an article -years- back (I think at 2004 E3)

Next, Capcom stated that a DMC for PSP was in the works since about a year and a half ago.

A DMC3 port is not going to take 2 years.

Article crap; Fission Mailed

DMC for PSP is an original title.

If by the "god damn it to hell" chance I'm wrong, then the PSP truly is a worthless piece of shit.

KingJ2002

drohne said:
is this news reliable? it's a couple weeks old and no one else has picked up on it. dmc3 really needs four shoulder buttons, and iirc some capcom guy was talking about a new style of gameplay in dmc psp.

devil may cry 3 with a new control scheme and some extras... sounds plausible to me.

with that said... it's best to wait for DMC 4 for any kind of "new experience"

jj984jj said:
Oh... damn Euro date format threw me off.

threw me off too.

StephaneC said:
[11/01/2005 16:04]

Yes, I see that.

But I assure, the whole "tanaka crystal ball, I'm not involved with DMC4 etc. etc." that's (in verbatim) the same article I read way the fuck back in 2004. Again, I know my DMC news, I'm scared people don't fully realize that by now.

Maybe it's a re-use of an article, or in combination of; it's total -assumed- B.S

You know, just like that Chiberu May Cry crap for DS that turned out to be 'teh fake"

KingJ2002 said:
devil may cry 3 with a new control scheme and some extras... sounds plausible to me.

with that said... it's best to wait for DMC 4 for any kind of "new experience"

Here are all the _almost direct_ quotes I remember from Tanaka.

1) "DMC for PSP will play differently from the previous DMC's, but fans will still see the princaple's that make it a DMC game shine through."

2) "If Capcom does decide to make another Devil May Cry game, I will not be involved, DMC3 is the best I can do with the series."

The 1st comment was made when DMC3 was first shown at E3, the second comment was made a month after DMC3's release in the United States.

So when Tanaka said "If Capcom does decide" he was lying his ass off, DMC4 started with Studio 4 soon after RE4 and DMC3 were finished.

CVXFREAK said:
I thought DMC PSP would be a director's cut of the original... C-Warrior, I trust you though. :D

Yes, you should. The same how any sane person would trust your Resident Evil news.

...holy shit at the reaction if I'm wrong though :lol

Himuro said:
I don't even know how the hell they'd be able to work the combos in dmc with that shitty analog nub.

I'm telling you, given the development time, the producer comments, the fact that Capcom has done the Viewtiful Joe games, the GnG games (one coming for PSP mind you) the constant DMC and Castlevania references...DMC 2D for PSP, I'm calling it now.

Himuro said:
Hell yes.

Moreso for the fact that a fully fledged DMC game (aka, having an assload of combo's, moves, enemies, all at 60 fps with a strong challenge) is next to impossible on a handheld game, with not as many control options as a PS2 controller.

Play a typical DMC game on PSP and the analog stub will break 2 minutes after mission 1.

jj984jj said:
Edit: Sorry if false, I don't know the source that well, I haven't seen them post false news before though.

As to your edit, that kind of seems like a weak article that reveals first-hand information about a relatively large PSP project. You'd think the PSP channels at IGN/Gamespot would be all over this, at the least simply because they have nothing to update on those channels; if not for anything else.

And yes, Gamesrader is a good site, but the article doesn't seem correct, I could be wrong though...

Amir0x

Banned
This is pretty interesting, considering it was confirmed to be a brand new DMC game before, straight from Tanaka's mouth.

Top Bottom