• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Developers remove games from Steam over Valve's Black Lives Matter silence

"Over the past few weeks, Steam and Valve have chosen not to address the Black Lives Matter movement, failing to make even a broad and generic statement about racial justice," Glander said in a message he sent to Valve alongside his request to remove his games from the store.

"It's clearer than ever that the owners of this platform feel beholden to a base of angry white male gamers. This makes me especially sad because I feel that some of these people are the people who most need to hear the message of Black Lives Matter."

Get em while you can folks:

Last edited:

Kimd41

Neo Member
latest

Laptop1991

Too many poor games and not very good developers on Steam anyway, ever since they opened their doors to all and sundry, infact i haven't bought a game on Steam since a sale nearly 2 years ago, the games i want to play are either having to use 2 launchers or being delayed a year, all they had to do was make Half Life Alex a normal game as well as VR, i would of bought it.

ZehDon

Gold Member
Couldn’t have been too nauseous of them to be associated with Steam when they took all the money their games generated on the platform. Maybe if they back all the money they’ve made I might think more of such a self-aggrandising piece of bullshit. Demanding a private company make a statement about something that they have nothing to do with feels like it’s more a statement the developer is making about themselves than about the clearly asinine demand.

“I, the righteous Developer, shall martyr myself for the good of all! Don’t cry for me, people of Earth, for I consider sacrificing my career and livelihood a mere contrivance in the face of such evil! My games - linked here for your convenience - are but all I can offer on the alter of freedom! Nay, nah, I am no hero - this small act of saint-like sacrifice is but nothing - the REAL heroes are the [insert group]! They are truly the best of us!”

Last edited:

On Demand

Banned
Why does anyone have to be forced into saying something? That’s so dumb. I don’t remember all these worrying and caring before?

The BLM movement is not even a real group like the black panthers were. It’s fake and was created and is being used for political purposes.

George Soros anyone?

Last edited:
It's clearer than ever that the owners of this platform feel beholden to a base of angry white male gamers.
I get it, they white, but why angry? I thought games are supposed to make you relax after a long day and such. Isn't it that games provide escapism and sometimes are valued as art? Just because some of them can be competitive doesn't make them inherently toxic and encouraging obnoxious behavior.

It will be nice of him to donate all of his money to this righteous BLM movement... Oh right, he wouldn't want to waste his money that he earned with his white privilege. He's another full of shit white bandwagon jumping scrub.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Sometimes I feel that the BLM cause is becoming a temporal PR move that people want to take advantage of because it’s super trending now in the US (and several parts of the world).

Top Bottom