• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Def Jam: Fight for NY screens

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
920170_20040623_screen001.jpg

920170_20040623_screen002.jpg

920170_20040623_screen003.jpg

920170_20040623_screen004.jpg

920171_20040623_screen001.jpg

920171_20040623_screen002.jpg

920171_20040623_screen003.jpg

920171_20040623_screen004.jpg

920171_20040623_screen005.jpg

B'z-chan

Banned
For some weird strange reason i want them to make this a FPS fighting game using the riddick engine that would be great. I hope when you bruse a guy he really gets a bruse or some sort and i want to see real time gashes.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
B'z-chan said:
I hope when you bruse a guy he really gets a bruse or some sort and i want to see real time gashes.
You'll like this game, then. Real-time bruising and bleeding on all male characters. On the pre-E3 build I played, I took Flavor Flav and gave Busta Rhymes the shitkicking of a lifetime - before he turned around and beat me (stupid cheating AI!). The coolest bit was at the end, however, when Busta looked directly into the camera for his taunt, it actually zooms in a bit on his face and upper body so you can see all the damage handed out during the fight.

WarPig

bishoptl said:
You'll like this game, then. Real-time bruising and bleeding on all male characters. On the E3 build, I took Flavor Flav and gave Busta Rhymes the shitkicking of a lifetime - before he turned around and beat me (stupid cheating AI!). The coolest bit was at the end, however, when Busta looked directly into the camera for his taunt, it actually zooms in a bit on his face and upper body so you can see all the damage handed out during the fight.

And even if Carmen Electra doesn't bleed, she does die of smoke inhalation.

DFS.

what is with the whiteglow around the characters? Are these screens or are they screens with photoshopped elements? I find the glow quite nice but it looks fake.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
I can only imagine how much better the game must be when you actually know who the characters are beyond a vague impression (at best).

Must be awesome.

B'z-chan

Banned
DMczaf said:
No excuses!

NCAA 2005 comes out next month with Xbox Live support!

What this man said
We want it and we want it now. Convert to the Darkside you will EA.
How were the sales on the GC compaired to the PS2 numbers? (i thought it was only these two consoles that got the game could be wrong)

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Wow those pictures are incredibly touched up.

I have no interest in Rap nor do I know anything about the genre but the robust fighting engine intrigues me.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
In-game is really close to what you're seeing in these shots, on my S-video television anyways. As for that white glow, it's the real-time lighting at work - kinda weird in still shots, but when you send a guy flying into a lamp and it starts swinging around casting brilliance and shadow everywhere, it looks pretty nice.

I've definitely got my eye on this one. The first game is tops as far as 4-player games go these days. I guess it all depends on CAW and if the fighting engine still feels 'right'.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
There was some realtime demonstrations of it going on at E3 I believe, gamespot had a video. Looked really good. And the chick demonstrating it sounded hot.

It was the best day.

Top Bottom