• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ice T Wants a Def Jam Reboot

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Ice-T featured as a playable character twice in the franchise in Def Jam: Fight for New York and Def Jam Fight for New York: The Takeover back in 2003 and 2004 respectively. The rapper and actor is also heavily into the gaming scene and uses his Twitter to sporadically weigh in on gaming topics or to reply to fans and diss some repliers that are a bit out of pocket. His recent tweet calls for a reboot to the hip-hop infused wrestling franchise that hasn't had a new entry since 2007 with Def Jam Icon. This is also just the lasted call to action from Ice T looking for a new Def Jam title as he made a similar request in 2020.

chixdiggit

A fighting game where 90% of the roster wouldn't be able to fight their way out of a wet paper bag in real life.

Special Victims Unit Nbc GIF by Law & Order

Last edited:

A.Romero

I'm a fighter game fan and couldn't get into this series. What was so cool about them?

Did they sell a lot of copies?

clintar

No public appeal. Better to make a game about popular YouTubers doing pranks on each other or sneaking into some amusement park after hours and holding stupid competitions. I know call it, "Tuber Bout" or "LIke Smashers".

Good casual fighter! I liked to create my char and add different styles and supers. I had lots of fun with this game. I they do, good, i would buy!

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
These first two games were great - the special moves were ridiculous. I remember one where you flip your opponent upside down and bounced on his head like a pogo stick.

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Roster

50 Cent
Game
Kanye
Kid Cudi
Snoop
Dre
Suge Knight
Eminem
Machine Gun Kelly
Joe Budden
Migos
Drake
J Cole
Soulja Boy
Chief Keef
Gucci Mane
Future
Nas
Fat Joe
Busta
Biggie
P Diddy
Jay Z
2Pac
Cardi B
Nicki Minaj
Meg

Kuranghi

Only if Nicky Minaj's special has her dragging her fanny around the arena floor (imagine like how a dog drags it's bum on the carpet) and then all the opponents fall over because it's so slippy.

Yeah I did have a few hours fun with Thrill Kill and then more later with Def Jam so I support it. I think remake is better than reboot though, I don't know 80% of the modern rappers so I wouldn't be interested unless it's the classic characters.

Last edited:
Top Bottom